-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This county currently has about the highest rate of new Covid cases in the state and the vast majority of them are Hispanics. It would be interesting to know how many of them attended large May 5 parties. I suspect it's lots of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Could it be family of domestic help from the Sun Valley/Ketchum wedding party original infection? I hear a lot of domestic help, bar and restaurant help, commutes up to Sun Valley for daily work... affordable housing up there being non existent. Not saying the latinos weren't partying Sinko de Mayonnaise. They did have to shut down the Ketchum Hospital, I wonder who mops the floor and does the laundry there? Not making a statement, honestly wondering.
A lot of people in my county are pissed at the "protect the confidentiality of the patient" attitude, of county and hospital officials, that doesn't give the public enough info to make informed decisions. I think the public needs the info on the contagion tracing rather than total lockdown, and being treated like mushrooms.

Last edited by flintlocke; 05/30/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There are some meat and food processing plants here that have been hammered and they all have a majority of hispanic workers. Between that and the parties, it's easy to spread it. It's true that many of them commute to Ketchum to work. That area is way too expensive for the hired help to live there and it takes a lot of hired help to keep the place running.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A lot of people in my county are pissed at the "protect the confidentiality of the patient" attitude, of county and hospital officials, that doesn't give the public enough info to make informed decisions. I think the public needs the info on the contagion tracing rather than total lockdown, and being treated like mushrooms.

It's the same here, my county has by far the most infections of any in Wyoming, almost all of it is out on the Wind River Reservation but nobody will fess up to it, the media simply will NOT reveal anything about demographics of the folks who are infected.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My mexican neighbors dont do 5 mayo. One does have a relative and workmate with the real c19. Pretty chilling to hear the details

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That Covid crap is so yesterday, its race riots now.

Can’t get a haircut or go to church but you can burn both down

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny stuff

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Funny stuff

Soros , Cuomo and Piglousy think so. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think many Mexicans celebrate it.

It’s mostly a white boy Corona holiday.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My sister is a nurse in a fairly large southern city near us. She told me that over 1/2 of the CV19 cases in the county that city is in are Hispanic.

The rural county I live in has an extremely high number of cases reported in comparison to the surrounding counties that are rural as well. Our county has a very high number of Hispanic people in relation to the surrounding counties.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As of Friday in this county. 858 cases and 34 deaths. County Population around 1 million. Daughter said cases coming into ER has gone up significantly this last week vs the last month. Less requiring actual hospitalization/ICU care though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Could it be family of domestic help from the Sun Valley/Ketchum wedding party original infection? I hear a lot of domestic help, bar and restaurant help, commutes up to Sun Valley for daily work... affordable housing up there being non existent. Not saying the latinos weren't partying Sinko de Mayonnaise. They did have to shut down the Ketchum Hospital, I wonder who mops the floor and does the laundry there? Not making a statement, honestly wondering.

I have bitched about that from the beginning. We don't need names, but the incredibly vague bullshit we get from government health departments is, as you said, nearly worthless as far as giving the public information that can help them make an informed decision.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I would have to disagree. I live in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood and when Cinco de Mayo starts, so do the parties till the very wee hours of the morning. Funny thing though, this year it was as quiet as a church at midnight, not one party anywhere near my house. Maybe some decided to shelter in place but I have to say it was very quiet this last May 5th.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If it’s such a big holiday, why don’t they all go back to Mexico??

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Because they lost the war they're celebrating? Actually, it's a very minor holiday in Mexico, kind of like Columbus Day here.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It's more tex-mex around here too. One of my guys is Uruguayan. Guy hates Mexicans, but celebrated Cinco de Mayo by drinking 18.............Heineken's! Speaking Spanish must make you predisposed to drinking schit beer?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 35, 41rem, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.