Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A friend of my wife's posted this on Facebook today. I'm going to repost it here rather than posting a link because I know many don't do Facebook. Any spelling errors are mine.

Like a moth to the flame, I drove around downtown ATL today. I had to see for myself. Boy. The damage broke my heart. So does the pain behind that damage.

I'd also like to testify that there is hope springing. The Chick-fil-A at the College Football of Fame doesn't have a single window remaining. Know What? Their employees were passing out free sandwiches to anyone on foot or in a car. There were volunteers, with brooms in hand. helping with the cleanup. Special shout out to the men of Omega Psi Phi. I Personally saw many of them at work. The irony of black men cleaning up after protests from senseless black murders isn't lost on me. Thats living the "peace of God which passes all understanding."

The response from Chick-fil-A doesn't surprise me at all. That is the way they do business and live.

The response from the men of Omega Psi Phi isn't all that surprising either. There will always be men and women that will see that their fellow man has destroyed something and made a whole group of people look bad because of it. They choose to step in and do what they can to clean up the mess and demonstrate that stereo types, while maybe based on actual evidence, can't be applied to all men evenly. There are those men and women that will stand up and do what is right and those are the ones that deserve support.

I am glad to see that the people of Atlanta can pull together to make Atlanta a better place to live, even in the face of all this destruction. I am sure that these kinds of actions are taking place all over the areas involved in the riots. It is a real shame that our news media can't show people working together to help cleanup the mess made by the people that feel like they need to loot and burn.

Harry
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If I were a young black person trying to make something of myself, I would be appalled at the stupidity and evil the other blacks have done. It will only hurt the good black folks and nothing will happen to the looters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No riots in Hopeulikeit Mathsr?

Who is John Galt?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
America isn't divided between black and white. It's divided between makers and takers. It's a shame that there is so much pressure from the media, leftist politicians and race baiters to try to force all blacks into the taker category.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hookset
America isn't divided between black and white. It's divided between makers and takers. It's a shame that there is so much pressure from the media, leftist politicians and race baiters to try to force all blacks into the taker category.

Well put!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

Well stated.

NRA Patron
Mathsr Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
MrFudd it hasn’t started yet but with what I’ve seen this week it wouldn’t surprise me. There is so much wrong going on and it seems like the leadership in these cities is powerless to stop it. Then you have the news media fanning the flames...

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
America isn't divided between black and white. It's divided between makers and takers.

True words, and not only in America.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Entitlement mindset is the strongest form of slavery.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Nice to hear some good news.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

This.

Crime rates are the highest in the places with the biggest wealth disparities. Typically, the same goes for riots.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
If I were a young black person trying to make something of myself, I would be appalled at the stupidity and evil the other blacks have done. It will only hurt the good black folks and nothing will happen to the looters.

The real shame of this it isn't all black rioters. Watch the news, there are many non-black faces out there. Many bused in from other cities and states to help.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by reivertom

The real shame of this it isn't all black rioters. Watch the news, there are many non-black faces out there. Many bused in from other cities and states to help.

They need to stop that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 77 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.