Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
6 months ago my brother visited me from Alaska and brought his 375 down for me to reload with for our upcoming kodiak bear hunt this spring.

The plan was for me to bring it back up on the plane when I flew up. Well..... with covid and everything else our hunt got canceled.

Now I have a rifle here I need to get back to him. Can I just ship it directly, since after all he is the owner? I would hate to tack on a transfer fee and bs fir a rifle he had had for years.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes, you can ship an item to yourself from one residence to another. He can be the shipper and receiver.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Send it direct to him, require a signature. He already owns it. It’s not being transferred. It the people at the post office ask what’s in the package, tell them it’s collectible baseball bats. Best way to ship is buy a cheap Plano gun case. It protects the rifle and you have a cardboard box that fits perfectly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KenMi
Yes, you can ship an item to yourself from one residence to another. He can be the shipper and receiver.

Pretty hard to ship from yourself when you are in another state...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco
Send it direct to him, require a signature. He already owns it. It’s not being transferred. It the people at the post office ask what’s in the package, tell them it’s collectible baseball bats. Best way to ship is buy a cheap Plano gun case. It protects the rifle and you have a cardboard box that fits perfectly.

^^^^Good post Sir and exactly what I’ve done many times. I NEVER let some postal dipshit know what I’m shipping, they’re about 12 IQ points below that of a slug and half as fast. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

^^^^Good post Sir and exactly what I’ve done many times. I NEVER let some postal dipshit know what I’m shipping, they’re about 12 IQ points below that of a slug and half as fast. 😁

I gotta remember that, cause it’s very true!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by AcesNeights

No insurance?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If asked by a postal employee if it is a firearm the correct answer is yes. Don't be a dumbass. They are entitled to inspect it to assure it meets the regulations, long gun, unloaded, no ammo.

Can he mail it without being there? I don't know. Interesting question. Pre-labled with his info and you are just dropping it off? I'd do it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I met more than a few Postal folks that are good, smart, decent and veterans, not dipchits.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I met more than a few Postal folks that are good, smart, decent and veterans, not dipchits.

Yup.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Advocating to commit a gun crime on the internet is always interesting...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

No it isn't. I've done it several times when I need to get stuff from property I own in CO to where I now live in TX. Nobody looks at the names.

Nobody is advocating committing a crime. You can even send a firearm through the mail to get work done on it. No FFL required if it is not changing hands permanently. You can box up a gun, insure it and send it. Nothing illegal about it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC

No it isn't. I've done it several times when I need to get stuff from property I own in CO to where I now live in TX. Nobody looks at the names.

Nobody is advocating committing a crime. You can even send a firearm through the mail to get work done on it. No FFL required if it is not changing hands permanently. You can box up a gun, insure it and send it. Nothing illegal about it.

Sorry, but you are incorrect on several points relating to the OP's question.

A person may ship a long gun from himself to himself either going from or returning home, no problem. In this case you are advocating the legality of one person shipping a long gun to another. It is illegal for a nonlicensee to do that. Nothing says anything about changing hands and in point of fact there is a change of hands if one person has something in his hands and sends it to another. Some states are enacting rules to make it illegal to loan a gun to another.

I have said nothing about probability of getting caught as that is an entirely different question. It is illegal.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But but but....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If asked by a postal employee if it is a firearm the correct answer is yes. Don't be a dumbass. They are entitled to inspect it to assure it meets the regulations, long gun, unloaded, no ammo.

Can he mail it without being there? I don't know. Interesting question. Pre-labled with his info and you are just dropping it off? I'd do it.

Not correct... they are absolutely NOT allowed to demand to check the firearm or package without PC. Imagine the liability of stating something was okay and finding it was not or vice versa...

They are allowed to ask just the the questions about hazardous, flammable, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by twintips16
6 months ago my brother visited me from Alaska and brought his 375 down for me to reload with for our upcoming kodiak bear hunt this spring.

The plan was for me to bring it back up on the plane when I flew up. Well..... with covid and everything else our hunt got canceled.

Now I have a rifle here I need to get back to him. Can I just ship it directly, since after all he is the owner? I would hate to tack on a transfer fee and bs fir a rifle he had had for years.

What town is he in?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Fairbanks,

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Really?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by twintips16
Fairbanks,

PM sent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Twintip,

I've had people visit for the purpose of hunting and they would send their gun to themselves from their home state.

And send their gun back to themselves from the state they were visiting.

If you are shipping the gun to somebody else and it's outside your state, you are breaking the law. Which I'm fine with, but be advised that it is illegal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,479
Posts18,451,860
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.