Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 46 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Try single loading rounds when shooting that noveske for groups.. I be curious to see what it does.. also take your cheap ass to the local bi-mart and buy some rl15, 24.5grs, seat that hornady 75 to 2.250-2.255. Get back with us..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Starts at 24.0

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Try single loading rounds when shooting that noveske for groups.. I be curious to see what it does.. also take your cheap ass to the local bi-mart and buy some rl15, 24.5grs, seat that hornady 75 to 2.250-2.255. Get back with us..

According to Tyrone, the 75gr Hornady likes to be seated deeper. 2.240", If I remember right. I also remember your loads you were talking about in that thread, where you were seating them at 2.245" as well. I always have RL15, so running on down to bi-mart would be a waste of time..

Also, from what I'm seeing with your shooting and your rifles, you have never produced consistent sub moa groups. Time for you to buck up my friend:
Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2520 load 24.0gr cci 450 75gr hornady seated at 2.245
Velocity 2585
Varget load 23.7gr cci 450 75gr hornady seated at 2.245
Velocity 2612

The AR comp load of 22.5gr produce a 1.56 group velocity avg 2690
The RL15 with 24.0 Gr produce a 1.68 group velocity avg 2557

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m dropped couple shots to open those groups up. I forgot my regular glasses. I also mounted a nib 10x swfa to shoot these groups. I’m probably going to run with that 2520 load for these reduced yardage matches. Varget so hard to find, I need to save what I have.

This Noveske will get fine tuned soon enough, or maybe its shooting as well as it ever will. As it is, it's high score for the iron sight division in the black rifle challenge, with a score of 1.167 moa and an average score of 100-8x. I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to do any better. Maybe you can? If your shoot is today, good luck...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

According to Tyrone, the 75gr Hornady likes to be seated deeper. 2.240", If I remember right. I also remember your loads you were talking about in that thread, where you were seating them at 2.245" as well. I always have RL15, so running on down to bi-mart would be a waste of time..

Also, from what I'm seeing with your shooting and your rifles, you have never produced consistent sub moa groups. Time for you to buck up my friend:
Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Velocity 2585
Velocity 2612

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m dropped couple shots to open those groups up. I forgot my regular glasses. I also mounted a nib 10x swfa to shoot these groups. I’m probably going to run with that 2520 load for these reduced yardage matches. Varget so hard to find, I need to save what I have.

This Noveske will get fine tuned soon enough, or maybe its shooting as well as it ever will. As it is, it's high score for the iron sight division in the black rifle challenge, with a score of 1.167 moa and an average score of 100-8x. I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to do any better. Maybe you can? If your shoot is today, good luck...

You are right none of us will be as cool or as a good as a shot as you are.. what’s the point of even to continue with this thread.. You have proved to everyone you are the best of the west.. where do we mail you the trophy?? Lol.. the Paiute coming out in you, learn to take a joke man..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Velocity 2585
Velocity 2612

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You are right none of us will be as cool or as a good as a shot as you are.. what’s the point of even to continue with this thread.. You have proved to everyone you are the best of the west.. where do we mail you the trophy?? Lol.. the Paiute coming out in you, learn to take a joke man..

Ha ha.. I was joking too. I try to keep the "paiute" at bay, he's a mean spirited sob. I went out and bought some supplies today, like you suggested. No RL15 though. Great score on AR Comp though:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What lot#?

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What lot#?

I was over on AR15.com fella mentioned how the 75 hornady bthp vary in length from lot to lot and to measure them... Today I’m was loading some up, got my oal and bto figured out. Started seating 20 into it I measure oal wtf 2.235 bto 1.831 wtf??? So i started measuring majority measured oal .985 meanwhile the bullet I started with came in at .995. I ended up with 5-6 that were all over .990. The base to ogive measure consistently at .585 if I remember right. Have to look at my notes. So with that measure bullet oal to weed out the oddballs. I used the oddballs but instead oh measuring oal 2.245 they measure at 2.255 but like I said the bto is all consistent across the board..

I’m pretty sure this happened because I had left over bullets from another box and dumped them into a box i just opened up and mixed them up.. ph ucking hornady bullets.. it’s love hate relationship that’s for sure 😁

Last edited by 79S; 05/31/20.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
What lot#?

I was over on AR15.com fella mentioned how the 75 hornady bthp vary in length from lot to lot and to measure them... Today I’m was loading some up, got my oal and bto figured out. Started seating 20 into it I measure oal wtf 2.235 bto 1.831 wtf??? So i started measuring majority measured oal .985 meanwhile the bullet I started with came in at .995. I ended up with 5-6 that were all over .990. The base to ogive measure consistently at .585 if I remember right. Have to look at my notes. So with that measure bullet oal to weed out the oddballs. I used the oddballs but instead oh measuring oal 2.245 they measure at 2.255 but like I said the bto is all consistent across the board..

I’m pretty sure this happened because I had left over bullets from another box and dumped them into a box i just opened up and mixed them up.. ph ucking hornady bullets.. it’s love hate relationship that’s for sure 😁

You are telling me. I loaded up some today and measured the oal and they were .010" longer than the previous ones I loaded. Different lot number, but why in the hell does Hornady always want to [bleep] with a good thing? I've known they are like that that for years, but damn...

79s, how did you do at your shoot?

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
What lot#?

You are telling me. I loaded up some today and measured the oal and they were .010" longer than the previous ones I loaded. Different lot number, but why in the hell does Hornady always want to [bleep] with a good thing? I've known they are like that that for years, but damn...

I did two shoots yesterday cmp vintage shoot 100yd reduced shoot. I did it with my M1 garand, 10 slowfire from prone, 10 rapid fire from prone starting from standing position, 10 slow fire standing. Standing slowfire, I was good for 8 but flinched so damn bad on 2 one I completely missed the target lol ended up with 234 out of 300.,
Next shoot was high power 10 slow fire from standing, 10 rapid fire sitting, 10 rapid fire prone and 20 slow fire from prone. I felt pretty good about my standing slow fire all my shots were on target. We get down to score and fella scoring goes i only count 9? I dig in my coat pocket and yep #10 still in my pocket ph uck me.. So it counted as a a miss. Anyhow I ended up with a 426 out of 500. A lot of rust for a bunch of us..

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hornady bullets kind of remind me of the Alliant powder back in the day. If you used a powder like rl19 and it shot good run back to the store and find the same lot # because another lot # you could have different results..

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
What lot#?

I did two shoots yesterday cmp vintage shoot 100yd reduced shoot. I did it with my M1 garand, 10 slowfire from prone, 10 rapid fire from prone starting from standing position, 10 slow fire standing. Standing slowfire, I was good for 8 but flinched so damn bad on 2 one I completely missed the target lol ended up with 234 out of 300.,
Next shoot was high power 10 slow fire from standing, 10 rapid fire sitting, 10 rapid fire prone and 20 slow fire from prone. I felt pretty good about my standing slow fire all my shots were on target. We get down to score and fella scoring goes i only count 9? I dig in my coat pocket and yep #10 still in my pocket ph uck me.. So it counted as a a miss. Anyhow I ended up with a 426 out of 500. A lot of rust for a bunch of us..

Hey, it goes that way sometimes buddy. Better luck next time..That damn offhand unsupported kicks my azz too... Most times, I'm happy if I keep them all in the scoring rings. I know I talk a lot of chidt sometimes, but those competitions are tough. Cool that you are shooting an m1 Garand. I shot against a cocky Attorney and his son, once, that had tricked out M1 Garands. They used them in our military rifle shoots. I was using my m96 Carl Gustav 6.5x55. I was planning on just having fun with the guys in the club, but when I overheard they had $3,000.00 into their rifles and then watched the Attorney shoot that sob during practice, I decided I better not give them an inch and switched over to my good eye. Shot right handed and won the whole match.. Bought that rifle on a Friday and the shoot was the next day. Luckily I had enough time to shoot some factory ammo through the rifle and then load up some good ammo from that brass, all the night before the shoot... The funny thing about that rifle was it was shooting about 10" high at 100 yards!!! I had to hold way low on the target, just to keep them in the black.. Later I bought a new front sight to bring the elevation/POI down where I needed it....Here's the target I shot with my Swedish mauser the day I installed the sight:
That rifle is a sweet heart to shoot.. It holds very steady in the offhand position too..

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
CMP rules, you can use your Swede in the vintage shoot. We had couple guys shooting m98 one was a vz24 the other not sure what variant it was. One day I will retard luck into a nice 03 that I can use in these shoots..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
CMP rules, you can use your Swede in the vintage shoot. We had couple guys shooting m98 one was a vz24 the other not sure what variant it was. One day I will retard luck into a nice 03 that I can use in these shoots..

If you can find a good sweedish mauser or swiss k31, you will find them to be more accurate than the 1903. The 03's are cool though.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Stuff like that is why I adjust seating dies every time I use them. When doing so I also use a comparator and seat to a head to ogive standard. Unless it takes me out of bounds for fitting into the magazine I'm not concerned at all about overall cartridge length.

This weekend I cracked open a new 500 count box of Hornady 168 grain bthp match bullets. Seated then per my usual procedure and lo and behold, the overall cartridge length was twenty thou over that for the previous lot number. Immaterial since base to ogive was right and they shot as well and to the same POI as always.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see a comparison between sorted & unsorted Hornady 75s.
I could never tell a difference and they are one reason I say that for mag-length bullets, nothing to the right of the hundredths place is relevant.

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see a comparison between sorted & unsorted Hornady 75s.
I could never tell a difference and they are one reason I say that for mag-length bullets, nothing to the right of the hundredths place is relevant.

Sounds like your the man for the job..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Stuff like that is why I adjust seating dies every time I use them. When doing so I also use a comparator and seat to a head to ogive standard. Unless it takes me out of bounds for fitting into the magazine I'm not concerned at all about overall cartridge length.

This weekend I cracked open a new 500 count box of Hornady 168 grain bthp match bullets. Seated then per my usual procedure and lo and behold, the overall cartridge length was twenty thou over that for the previous lot number. Immaterial since base to ogive was right and they shot as well and to the same POI as always.

We are more or less talking about loading for ar15's, so we try to stay at or under 2.255". If a new lot of bullets creates an issue of the seater die seating them to an OAL of 2.265", then you can see where the problem lies. I really could care less about using a comparator to measure, as base to tip of the bullet is more critical in this case.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=bsa1917hunter][quote=79S][quote=Tyrone]What lot#?

The funny thing about that rifle was it was shooting about 10" high at 100 yards!!! I had to hold way low on the target, just to keep them in the black.. Later I bought a new front sight to bring the elevation/POI down where I needed it.

What you were experiencing is that those sights are set up for a "battle zero" . 1903 Springfields are set for 547 yards (500 meters) and yours were set for a similar distance. Those were pre dial twisting days.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=bsa1917hunter][quote=79S][quote=Tyrone]What lot#?

The funny thing about that rifle was it was shooting about 10" high at 100 yards!!! I had to hold way low on the target, just to keep them in the black.. Later I bought a new front sight to bring the elevation/POI down where I needed it.

What you were experiencing is that those sights are set up for a "battle zero" . 1903 Springfields are set for 547 yards (500 meters) and yours were set for a similar distance. Those were pre dial twisting days.

Yes sir Mike. My Carl Gustav m96 is/was calibrated for a 300 meter zero with the elevator all the way down. Some guys don't realize that. That is the reason it was shooting so high at 100 yards. The good thing is you can buy different front sight blades to get you dialed in pretty good at 100 yards. In the picture I posted above, you can see where it says "+1.5". I believe I also bought a +1 front blade as well, but ended up not needing it...
This rifle is a sweetheart to shoot.

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

We are more or less talking about loading for ar15's, so we try to stay at or under 2.255". If a new lot of bullets creates an issue of the seater die seating them to an OAL of 2.265", then you can see where the problem lies. I really could care less about using a comparator to measure, as base to tip of the bullet is more critical in this case.

Or you set your die to seat to 2.245, verify with comparator. Then you find other bullets you are using are .010 shorter now you are seating bullets to 2.235.. only with hornady bullets lol

Page 43 of 46 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,539
Posts18,453,081
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.