Hop To
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/...amp;module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

A Princeton graduate and a human rights lawyer were both charged in an attack that left a police car dashboard charred. No one was injured.
Two lawyers were charged with taking part in a Molotov cocktail attack on a police patrol car over the weekend — a human rights lawyer and a Princeton-educated associate at a Manhattan law firm.

The attack during the Brooklyn protests left the dashboard of a blue-and-white police car charred after a night of violent clashes between protesters and police, a symbol of the chaos wrought over a weekend of sometimes peaceful and sometimes violent demonstrations.

The car was unoccupied when the Molotov cocktail ignited, and no one was injured, the authorities said.

The two lawyers involved in the attack were identified by federal authorities as Urooj Rahman, 31, the human rights lawyer, and Colinford King Mattis, 32, an associate at the midsize law firm of Pryor Cashman LLP, who graduated from Princeton.

Both were arrested shortly after the incident early Saturday during protests against the killing of George Floyd, federal authorities said.

Mr. Mattis and Ms. Rahman were charged with causing damage to a police vehicle by fire and explosives, according to a criminal complaint filed by federal prosecutors in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn prosecutors on Saturday also charged a 27-year-old woman from Catskill, N.Y., in a separate Molotov cocktail attack against another police vehicle, about 10 minutes later and a mile and a half away.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Princeton graduate and a human rights lawyer.......

Hairy-Assed Civil Libertarians- No bag limit. No closed season.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If the NY state Bar Association has any balls, that will be the end of their law licenses.

Mighty big If.

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
No doubt, they are probably Law abiding card carrying self serving members of the ACLU.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

They make people like them JUDGE'S IN NYC

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lennie
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/...amp;module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

A Princeton graduate and a human rights lawyer were both charged in an attack that left a police car dashboard charred. No one was injured.
Two lawyers were charged with taking part in a Molotov cocktail attack on a police patrol car over the weekend — a human rights lawyer and a Princeton-educated associate at a Manhattan law firm.

The attack during the Brooklyn protests left the dashboard of a blue-and-white police car charred after a night of violent clashes between protesters and police, a symbol of the chaos wrought over a weekend of sometimes peaceful and sometimes violent demonstrations.

The car was unoccupied when the Molotov cocktail ignited, and no one was injured, the authorities said.

The two lawyers involved in the attack were identified by federal authorities as Urooj Rahman, 31, the human rights lawyer, and Colinford King Mattis, 32, an associate at the midsize law firm of Pryor Cashman LLP, who graduated from Princeton.

Both were arrested shortly after the incident early Saturday during protests against the killing of George Floyd, federal authorities said.

Mr. Mattis and Ms. Rahman were charged with causing damage to a police vehicle by fire and explosives, according to a criminal complaint filed by federal prosecutors in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn prosecutors on Saturday also charged a 27-year-old woman from Catskill, N.Y., in a separate Molotov cocktail attack against another police vehicle, about 10 minutes later and a mile and a half away.

doesn't seem like a good career move

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that isn't domestic terrorism, using ATF controlled devices,
I don't know what would be.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hope they get canned from whatever jobs they held.

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
From NY post. Here is a bio on one of the lawyers
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Colinford Mattis, 32, a corporate lawyer and member of Community Board 5 in East New York, was charged along with fellow attorney Urooj Rahman with the attempted attack on an empty police cruiser parked outside the 88th Precinct station house in Fort Greene

Last edited by Lennie; 05/31/20.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
More BS fake news. No wones gonna be arrested of these peaceful protests I tell ya. Trumps DOJ is spineless. Spineless I tell ya.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Lennie
From NY post. Here is a bio on one of the LOWYERS.
Colinford Mattis, 32, a corporate lawyer and member of Community Board 5 in East New York, was charged along with fellow attorney Urooj Rahman with the attempted attack on an empty police cruiser parked outside the 88th Precinct station house in Fort Greene

FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

Urooj Rahman prepares to toss a Molotov cocktail out of the passenger-side window of a van just before 1 a.m. Saturday, May 30, outside the 88th Precinct stationhouse. (Obtained by Daily News)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Facial recognition technology is a bitch.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
If the NY state Bar Association has any balls, that will be the end of their law licenses.

Mighty big If.

They’ll plea out for community service, volunteering to represent other “protesters”, arguing they need to keep their law licenses to serve the greater good.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
518 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.