Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
You are such a fine example of what is wrong with this country.

You're right, maybe I should have waited on .gov to give me my 30 day supply. I paid for that sheit with my own money, no co-pay, no medicaid, my fuqkin hard earned money.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would've never believed it had I not seen it in person. Alabama indeed has the weirdest rut in the whitetail world. I hunted with a buddy in AL in late Jan, 2009. He was telling me the timing of my visit was perfect because the rut was at its peak. I didn't want to call him a liar, so I just smiled, kept my comments to myself, and went along with what he said. He did invite me to hunt his place after all. Sure enough, when we went out that first morning, there were fresh scrapes everywhere and bucks chasing does like crazy. Damnedest thing I ever saw! He assured me this was the norm. He also had some hunting property about 50 miles east of that place, and he said the rut peaked in Dec. there!

Ted
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here ya go. 4 months of rut...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Exact timing shifts every year based on the lunar cycle and some weather.

For real? No [bleep]. Nobody in this thread is disputing that.

Simple question. I have been on the properties noted in the southeast corner for 30 years. The two properties are approximately 35 miles apart. On one the rut always starts late January into February. BTW, I LIVE on this property and have taken over 10 good bucks during that time. The rut on the other property starts early to mid December. My good friend LIVES on this property. Its a large property and over 100 bucks easy during this time. Every single year, bar none, the rut is 45+/- days apart on these two properties. Do you say this is not the case, that this is not happening? That me, and everyone else down here in this corner of Alabama is wrong?

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

A had a good friend that lived on the other side of the river in Georgia and deer there were hard into rut around Halloween.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have lived and hunted in Alabama my whole 54 year life. That map is pretty spot on. I am hunting in the southern half of Wilcox County and the Northern part of Monroe County. Our rut doesn't kick in until late January.

And no I am not seeing a secondary rut for does that didn't get bred the first go round. We see no bucks chasing does earlier than mid to late January. There is no increase in scrapes and rubs until mid to late January. And if that isn't enough for the doubters a study of the does in this area by wildlife biologists determined that the "AVERAGE" time of conception for the does in this area was about the first week of February.

By contrast I have friends and family who live and hunt in other parts of the state where the rut is totally over by the start of January.

This Sitka blowhard talks about laughing at such claims. Here's what I find funny. People who have never stepped foot in, much less hunted, a state trying to lecture the people who have hunted that state for generations on how the deer behave there. Now that's some funny s#$t.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Todd_Bradford

This Sitka blowhard talks about laughing at such claims. Here's what I find funny. People who have never stepped foot in, much less hunted, a state trying to lecture the people who have hunted that state for generations on how the deer behave there. Now that's some funny s#$t.

He's a fuqking idiot, and everybody knows it but him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Careful now, there is nothin Sitka dummy doesn’t know, just ask him!!! 🤣🤣

Poor dumb bastard thinks weather “starts” the rut!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Judman
Careful now, there is nothin Sitka dummy doesn’t know, just ask him!!! 🤣🤣

Poor dumb bastard thinks weather “starts” the rut!! Haha

Hell; I can't get it up sitting in stand below 30 degrees?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
While I’d find nits to pick with their exact lines vs dates in the NE part of the state, it’s pretty close to my experience over the decades....the hodge-podge rut in Alabama has been a fact, long before I ever got to go on my first deer AL hunt in ‘81. You can go a county over and have it 30-45 days apart, or to the other end of the state, and it be at the same exact peak times.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
While I’d find nits to pick with their exact lines vs dates in the NE part of the state, it’s pretty close to my experience over the decades....the hodge-podge rut in Alabama has been a fact, long before I ever got to go on my first deer AL hunt in ‘81. You can go a county over and have it 30-45 days apart, or to the other end of the state, and it be at the same exact peak times.

Exactly. I've seen a 40 day difference in different parts of the same county.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the 2015-2016 season I killed a monster 11 pt in Schley County Ga on Halloween as he cruised for does, then in Eastern Henry County AL on Dec 16th I killed my biggest whitetail ever checking scrapes, and then in late January in Western Henry County AL I killed a 10 pt chasing a doe. SE AL is a good place to live for a whitetail hunter indeed.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.