Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
The town of 25,000 people where I grew up in IL got hit last night. This isn't a suburb of Chicago, and it's in a deep red county. Hundreds of people showed up. My dad's office window got shattered as did a lot of other windows. Rubber bullets and tear gas deployed.

There were 20 protesters yesterday in downtown Hartford, WI. This is in the reddest county in the state.

This is being financed and organized internationally. It's going on in Europe. It's going on in my little hometown.

Don't think it's not coming to your doorstep unless you live way out in the country.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, just like the Bolshevik revolution was funded, and by the same folks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

“IF”, and it’s an extremely remote “If”, it we’re to come to some of our towns.....the outcome may be much different than what is shown in the news! “If”, a store owner were at his/her business, and that business is being destroyed.....I believe that “Castle Doctrine and/or Stand YourGround”, will provide that owner the ability and the will to defend themselves and their property! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by memtb

“IF”, and it’s an extremely remote “If”, it we’re to come to some of our towns.....the outcome may be much different than what is shown in the news! “If”, a store owner were at his/her business, and that business is being destroyed.....I believe that “Castle Doctrine and/or Stand YourGround”, will provide that owner the ability and the will to defend themselves and their property! memtb

The right to use whatever force is necessary to defend your property against rioters needs to be added explicitly to the laws for that to be the case. Currently, even in the states you speak of (with the possible exception of Texas), you need to credibly claim that you felt in imminent fear of serious injury or death to justify lethal force. Fear that your business structure was about to be damaged or destroyed (unless by arson) isn't sufficient, even in the most conservative states. Should be, but isn't, apart, perhaps, from Texas.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Also, it's going to get worse until the state and local govt's crack down instead of stand down. Rubber bullets and tear gas are not stopping this momentum.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
They showed here yesterday, were confined to a small area, and controlled by police and locals. Three bus loads of out of town protesters!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you are inside “said” business that is being destroyed by rioters, if you are “not” in fear for your life......your a fool! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 06/01/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Heym06
They showed here yesterday, were confined to a small area, and controlled by police and locals. Three bus loads of out of town protesters!

Including the emergency exits, of which there are few, there aren't many ways off a bus. I'm surprised they were even allowed to disembark.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If you are in “said” business that is being destroyed by rioters, if you are “not” in fear for your life......your a fool! memtb

I get what you're saying, but that wouldn't necessarily apply to folks outside smashing windows with bricks and snatching things from your display windows. It should, and that's where the law needs to change. During a riot, there needs to be a specific cut out in the law justifying lethal force if a rioting mob is threatening imminent destruction/looting of your business. I believe there already is such a law regarding arson. Just add rioting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You persist in thinking that we have rule of law anymore in this country. There is an increasing number of men who did as you describe but who were relentlessly prosecuted while thier attackers were let off with no punishment.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From one of my brother's friends on FB in Austin yesterday. The guy was one of the cops blocking the protestors access to the Police Station.

No body hates a bad cop worse then a good cop, the actions of the officer this week in Minnesota was absolutely disgusting and terrible and a indictment for his arrest was necessary. Seeing the video of what that officer did was sickening to me and every Austin Police Officer I know.

These are photos from today’s protest in Austin, in regards to George Floyd’s death. Llike any thing there are professionals and amateur. There were paid professional protestors there to try to enrage APD, they were not able too get a response out of us. The Amateur protestors grew angry and started throwing bottles, rocks, cans, gravel, and eggs at us. Later the lit cars on fire.

I would like to thank all my friends who checked on me today during the protest and riot. Sorry but I was unable to return calls and contacts.

Here's a photo the police officer took from the steps of the station.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW...

"ACAB" that you see in the signs means: All Cops Are Bastards.

Some here on the 'Fire may be among them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In '18 Idaho enacted a stand your ground law that gives business owners a very strong case for deadly force. If anyone enters the business by force or unlawfully, even if there's no apparent threat to life, you can shoot them on the spot. Rioters in Idaho would stand a good chance of getting shot.

Idaho’s law protecting a person acting in self-defense gets clarified by the passage of Senate Bill 1313 – which goes into effect July 1st. The real impact is to consolidate and codify existing law to clearly protect the inherent right of a person to defend themselves and others. Idaho law permits a law-abiding citizen to stand their ground and protect themselves and families anywhere they have a right to be. SB 1313 also protects the right of a person to defend against intruders who enter the defender’s home or business unlawfully or by force, without having to demonstrate that he or she reasonably feared the intruder was about to cause death or great bodily harm. The entry by unlawful force establishes that the defender’s fear of serious injury was reasonable, so the use of self-defense was likewise reasonable.

There is a lot of debate about restrictions on gun ownership and use across the land, but Idaho remains committed to the notion that self-defense, including the use of firearms and deadly force, is a reasonable response to an unlawful attack on you or your family. The law doesn’t really change anything, but it clarifies the right to stand your ground in the face of an intrusion or attack on you or your family. The law had the backing of law enforcement and prosecutors.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Why can't governors secure their state borders ? Bus travel into or out of the state subject to inspection at state borders. Antifa and the like turned around or the entire busload arrested.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I recommend police just stand down for a few weeks and let the chips fall where they may.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In '18 Idaho enacted a stand your ground law that gives business owners a very strong case for deadly force. If anyone enters the business by force or unlawfully, even if there's no apparent threat to life, you can shoot them on the spot. Rioters in Idaho would stand a good chance of getting shot.

Idaho’s law protecting a person acting in self-defense gets clarified by the passage of Senate Bill 1313 – which goes into effect July 1st. The real impact is to consolidate and codify existing law to clearly protect the inherent right of a person to defend themselves and others. Idaho law permits a law-abiding citizen to stand their ground and protect themselves and families anywhere they have a right to be. SB 1313 also protects the right of a person to defend against intruders who enter the defender’s home or business unlawfully or by force, without having to demonstrate that he or she reasonably feared the intruder was about to cause death or great bodily harm. The entry by unlawful force establishes that the defender’s fear of serious injury was reasonable, so the use of self-defense was likewise reasonable.

There is a lot of debate about restrictions on gun ownership and use across the land, but Idaho remains committed to the notion that self-defense, including the use of firearms and deadly force, is a reasonable response to an unlawful attack on you or your family. The law doesn’t really change anything, but it clarifies the right to stand your ground in the face of an intrusion or attack on you or your family. The law had the backing of law enforcement and prosecutors.

Every state needs to clarify this right to defend a business against rioters, without having to prove imminent fear of bodily injury or death. That will put a stop to this.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Why can't governors secure their state borders ? Bus travel into or out of the state subject to inspection at state borders. Antifa and the like turned around or the entire busload arrested.

Yep. As part of declared state of emergency.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No law authority myself but wouldn't much of what the 'so-called' protesters are and have done so far except for maybe arson in some circumstances fall under misdemeanor violations?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good thing I don't live in a town and neither do any of my family members.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06

How do you know they came in on buses? Any photographic evidence by chance?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,109
Posts18,464,293
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.