Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
A little educational moment for some of y'all.

The Israelis have long been known to deal with violent protesters by simply taking down the primary aggressors. They put a suppressed .22 into them, wounding them. This usually has a very good deterrent effect with the crowds.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is good to learn and teach about other cultures. laugh

Nuthin’ like a bullet in the kneecap to take all the protestin’ outta someone.

Close, but you are a little low.

The SOP is to shoot them in the abdominal region. It is extremely painful and usually requires others to carry them from the protest area.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I hope this soon ends.

There is going to be bloodshed.
And the deserving will not pay.

It will be young, dumb kids that die.
And decent, pissed off family men who are destroyed because
they felt the need to shoot. Justified or not.

A very thoughtful, sober, perspective.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by memtb

“IF”, and it’s an extremely remote “If”, it we’re to come to some of our towns.....the outcome may be much different than what is shown in the news! “If”, a store owner were at his/her business, and that business is being destroyed.....I believe that “Castle Doctrine and/or Stand YourGround”, will provide that owner the ability and the will to defend themselves and their property! memtb

How many Korean owned stores in Watts got trashed and burned during those riots?

It’s just history.

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep, just like the Bolshevik revolution was funded, and by the same folks.

This^^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Paul39
Interesting. Why the high scope mount and taped on cheek rest? Seems the whole setup could be lower.

This whole high mount trend seem to be modern. In times past hunting rifles, shotguns, and military rifles, had in common an orientation toward quick offhand shooting. Of course much of it has to do with accommodating optics, but how high is enough?

Paul

The pic is an old one and at the time guys were using what they could get. The Israelis have long been known to "make do", and use what they can get their hands on. They have been very effective with their .22s from what I understand. They are not the only nation to use .22s.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In '18 Idaho enacted a stand your ground law that gives business owners a very strong case for deadly force. If anyone enters the business by force or unlawfully, even if there's no apparent threat to life, you can shoot them on the spot. Rioters in Idaho would stand a good chance of getting shot.

Idaho’s law protecting a person acting in self-defense gets clarified by the passage of Senate Bill 1313 – which goes into effect July 1st. The real impact is to consolidate and codify existing law to clearly protect the inherent right of a person to defend themselves and others. Idaho law permits a law-abiding citizen to stand their ground and protect themselves and families anywhere they have a right to be. SB 1313 also protects the right of a person to defend against intruders who enter the defender’s home or business unlawfully or by force, without having to demonstrate that he or she reasonably feared the intruder was about to cause death or great bodily harm. The entry by unlawful force establishes that the defender’s fear of serious injury was reasonable, so the use of self-defense was likewise reasonable.

There is a lot of debate about restrictions on gun ownership and use across the land, but Idaho remains committed to the notion that self-defense, including the use of firearms and deadly force, is a reasonable response to an unlawful attack on you or your family. The law doesn’t really change anything, but it clarifies the right to stand your ground in the face of an intrusion or attack on you or your family. The law had the backing of law enforcement and prosecutors.

Every state needs to clarify this right to defend a business against rioters, without having to prove imminent fear of bodily injury or death. That will put a stop to this.

PREVENTION OF PUBLIC OFFENSES
19-202A. DEFENSE OF SELF, OTHERS AND CERTAIN PLACES. (1) No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting himself or his family by reasonable means necessary, or when coming to the aid of another whom he reasonably believes to be in imminent danger of or the victim of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, murder or other heinous crime.
(2) The defense of self or of another does not require a person to wait until he or she ascertains whether the danger is apparent or real. A person confronted with such danger has a clear right to act upon appearances such as would influence the action of a reasonable person.
(3) In the exercise of the right of self-defense or defense of another, a person need not retreat from any place that person has a right to be. A person may stand his ground and defend himself or another person by the use of all force and means which would appear to be necessary to a reasonable person in a similar situation and with similar knowledge without the benefit of hindsight. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to a person incarcerated in jail or prison facilities when interacting with jail or prison staff who are acting in their official capacities.
(4) In any prosecution for the unlawful use of force, including deadly force, or the attempted or threatened use of force contrary to title 18, Idaho Code, the burden is on the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the use of force, attempted use of force or threat to use force was not justifiable.
(5) A person using force or deadly force in defense of a habitation, place of business or employment or occupied vehicle as defined in section 18-4009(3), Idaho Code, is presumed to have acted reasonably and had a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily injury if the force is used against a person whose entry or attempted entry therein is unlawful and is made or attempted by use of force, or in a violent and tumultuous manner, or surreptitiously or by stealth, or for the purpose of committing a felony.
History:
[19-202A, added 1974, ch. 238, sec. 1, p. 1601; am. 2018, ch. 222, sec. 5, p. 502.]

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Dad's window was tempered 2-pane. They got the outside pane, no breach. Told him to leave with all his partners and staff at the first hint of any protester, go out the back door as a group and get to your cars in a group.

He said all the local businesses downtown are boarding up their windows. Curfew has been implemented for 8pm. This is small town America, everyone knows everyone. Almost none of the protesters were locals.

This is awful.

EDIT: Dad is not a gun guy. Yes, I wish he were. I turned out different than the rest of the family in that respect.

Last edited by bigfish9684; 06/01/20.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Small towns can make it real simple. Warning- The next azzhole breaking into a building or torching one gets put up on a pole in the town square for 24 hours to explain their actions. Sends a strong message damn quick.

Wouldn't be surprised if some dumbass enters the white house lawn. Will be the last time their feet ever touch grass

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by Heym06
They showed here yesterday, were confined to a small area, and controlled by police and locals. Three bus loads of out of town protesters!

Including the emergency exits, of which there are few, there aren't many ways off a bus. I'm surprised they were even allowed to disembark.

Can't stop people from getting off the bus. That wouldn't be American. You can control them once off! Here locals showed up in force, with the police! The police did a great job, keeping both sides in line. Soon as the bus passengers seen they were out numbered three or four to one, they were just mouthy! One did cross the road to confront a citizen who told them they weren't wanted. He promptly got his ass kicked by the one person and sent back across the road!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Dad's window was tempered 2-pane. They got the outside pane, no breach. Told him to leave with all his partners and staff at the first hint of any protester, go out the back door as a group and get to your cars in a group.

He said all the local businesses downtown are boarding up their windows. Curfew has been implemented for 8pm. This is small town America, everyone knows everyone. Almost none of the protesters were locals.

This is awful.

EDIT: Dad is not a gun guy. Yes, I wish he were. I turned out different than the rest of the family in that respect.

I don't understand that. He probably always wears a seatbelt, will take whatever pill the doctor says he needs to prolong his life, but God forbid he has the means to protect himself or family.

Odd

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

The Israelis have long been known to deal with violent protesters by simply taking down the primary aggressors. They put a suppressed .22 into them, wounding them. This usually has a very good deterrent effect with the crowds.

The SOP is to shoot them in the abdominal region. It is extremely painful and usually requires others to carry them from the protest area.

Hey that works!!! Reminds me a bit of the alleged aprocraphal quote from Rezin Bowie,

“Ain’t nuthin’ that will take the fight out of a man like him trippin’ over his own guts"

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/01/20.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I don't understand that. He probably always wears a seatbelt, will take whatever pill the doctor says he needs to prolong his life, but God forbid he has the means to protect himself or family.

Odd

He owns a Ruger Mk IV and a Model 19. But he only has those because he has something he can do with me that I like. They sit at home in a safe. I'm of a mind to run down there until this subsides. But it's IL damnit, gyms and bars are closed. Not so here in WI.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
There were about 40-50 at one of our major intersections, with signs lined up along the sidewalk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wasn't that part of the Conan Show, where someone dressed like Spock and flipped off Star Wars fans?

Jordan Schlansky would never flip off a Star Wars fan:

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
macky could it be for more elv. for long range ?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 44mc

Using subsonic ammo (for the suppressor) at the slower velocity, they might want the extra elevation in the higher mount. Subsonics drop quite a bit in 100 yards. The extra elevation might be to get a decent zero at that distance.

If it were me, I'd zero at 50 and just use Kentucky Windage for longer shots. They're not shooting to kill, so if you're "off" a bit, who cares? Bouncing a .22 around in their guts is bound to get their attention, regardless.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hey that works!!! Reminds me a bit of the alleged aprocraphal quote from Rezin Bowie,

“Ain’t nuthin’ that will take the fight out of a man like him trippin’ over his own guts"

That's exactly what these idiots need.

Pretty hard to cry foul when they are in the act of multiple felonies themselves.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 44mc

It could be, I do not know.

Not my AO. I have a good friend who spent years in the area working and I could ask, but he is currently out of the country, doing what he does.

It may be a matter of mounting an MOA rifle width rail on top of a rimfire rail, again, using what was in inventory.

Sometime you simply use what you can get your hands on.

As an example, at one sunny location we kept getting rocketed from a location that was out of range from our M240 Mg. I took a spare dust cover and JB welded an MOA rail on top of it, then put a 2-7 Burris on it. After a bit of "zeroing" as best as I could, I linked up a bunch of tracer ammo.

When we would get fired on from the location, I started walking tracers into the area where the launches were coming from. This was probably a good 2,000 yards away. I have no idea if any of the rounds landed on target or not, but we did not receive any more fire from that location ever again. Close enough might have been good enough in that case.

Sometimes you just make do and jerry rig stuff together.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lockdown in kids hood ( Indy ).
Cops and choppers.
Not happy.

Told her to relax, diversity is a strength.

She wants my 870.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I would not dare shoot them. I’m a peaceful person.

Chuckle, chuckle, laugh, laugh....And the pope is black. 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I would not dare shoot them. I’m a peaceful person.

Chuckle, chuckle, laugh, laugh....And the pope is black. 😂😎

Sorry, Beav. I know you saw the title of this thread and immediately hoped it was about “chix with dix”.😂😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
87 members (308ld, 35, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.