Campfire Savant
He should have sped up

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was a Big Rig driver for many years. WTF?

Did he know he was going into the middle of a giant demonstration? He wasn't trying to run them over, he stopped and swerved to avoid hitting someone.
As the mob climbed onto his truck, the path was clear before him. Why didn't he drive away?

WTF?

He has no business behind the wheel of anything. That WHOLE freeway system inside the beltway had been shut down for almost an hour. No clue as to why he was the only vehicle on the road??? No clue after he cleared the bridge at 3rd street and there's thousands of people on the road??? He had 1/2 mile to get it shut down before he got there. There had been a LOT of pedestrians on the roadway for at least a mile before he got there. He should have had his ass beat full sore and then got a swimming lesson! If those people on the bridge hadn't parted the sea he would have killed a whole lot of them, and he's damned lucky that none of then got killed. He just barley avoided one person who fell and had there been more than one someone would have been a casualty. With every entrance he passed blocked by MHD trucks and police vehicles he had to know that freeway was shut down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
from the news this morning ,from his name he sounds like he is from India ,either ,he cant read english and did not know what the road closed sign means ,or he just reverted to driving in India ,from the videos of India i have seen ,almost hitting large groups of people in your truck is an everyday occurance over there

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"almost hitting large groups of people in your truck is an everyday occurance over there"
Having spent a great deal of time in Mumbai. that is not true. If you are in a taxi in Mumbai and your driver hits a pedestrian the enraged crowd drags the passenger out and beats him for hiring an idiot for a driver. Local course rules.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Bogdan Vechirko...sounds Russian.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks Russian too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He should have kept going. Stopping only allows them to break in and drag you out.

PS It was reminiscent of a beetle being swarmed by ants.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDW
He should have never lifted, Reginald Denny is all you need to say in court...

Exactly. "All I could think of were those video images of Reginald Denny being dragged out and beaten with bricks."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bogdan Vechirco. In many years of driving over the road I encountered many, many drivers from eastern Europe. Lots of guys from Ukraine, I met Polish drivers and Russian drivers as well. I always found it interesting to talk to these foreign drivers.
Many of them had very poor English skills. It is possible that Bogdan just didn't know what he was getting in to.

They don't have many Negros in Ukraine, Bogdan got a crash course in American culture.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't get it. What I saw was a guy laying on his horn and slowing as he entered into the group of people. How far into the group was he before he started slowing. It looked like initially he came upon people on the flanks of the roadway and when they were stacked up in the middle he was honking and slowing. Are my eyes lying to me?

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm pretty sure it's a Federal crime to block an interstate highway. How many were arrested???

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MILES58
I was a Big Rig driver for many years. WTF?

Did he know he was going into the middle of a giant demonstration? He wasn't trying to run them over, he stopped and swerved to avoid hitting someone.
As the mob climbed onto his truck, the path was clear before him. Why didn't he drive away?

WTF?

He has no business behind the wheel of anything. That WHOLE freeway system inside the beltway had been shut down for almost an hour. No clue as to why he was the only vehicle on the road??? No clue after he cleared the bridge at 3rd street and there's thousands of people on the road??? He had 1/2 mile to get it shut down before he got there. There had been a LOT of pedestrians on the roadway for at least a mile before he got there. He should have had his ass beat full sore and then got a swimming lesson! If those people on the bridge hadn't parted the sea he would have killed a whole lot of them, and he's damned lucky that none of then got killed. He just barley avoided one person who fell and had there been more than one someone would have been a casualty. With every entrance he passed blocked by MHD trucks and police vehicles he had to know that freeway was shut down.

Alright our resident baby is back to puff out his chest and show everyone he’s got all the facts right. If you oppose Miles he’ll be the first to tell you how dumb you are.

Miles, just a couple questions/comments:

Are you aware that MDOT admitted they let this 18 wheeler by mistake onto the interstate? That news broke today.

How many people did he kill with his truck? Oh right, nobody.

Why in Gods name should protesters be on a freeway anyway?

This thing is completely overblown, a joke really.

How about some focus on the 180+ business completely trashed by the rioting? Not as much hatred toward them as the driver of the semi. Pathetic. Speaking of pathetic, Walz and Frey are completely over their head. Laughing stock of the USA.

Last edited by cfran; 06/01/20.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"thousands of demonstrators"

When you block a highway or even a sidewalk you become a criminal not a demonstrator. Time to break out the snow plows!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bogdan Vechirco. In many years of driving over the road I encountered many, many drivers from eastern Europe. Lots of guys from Ukraine, I met Polish drivers and Russian drivers as well. I always found it interesting to talk to these foreign drivers.
Many of them had very poor English skills. It is possible that Bogdan just didn't know what he was getting in to.

They don't have many Negros in Ukraine, Bogdan got a crash course in American culture.

This would be my guess. Poor English skills, probably couldn’t read either. Got lost, and kept on going.
He was honking his horn and slowing down too. Obviously wasn’t intent on running anyone down. If so, he would’ve just floored it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The nation's truck drivers should protest and demand justice for Bogdan Vechirco. They should refuse to ship anything to the state of Minnesota or to even pass through the state. This incident is a direct result of the governor and mayor not only capitulating to, but rather catering to rioters. They had no business shutting down the freeway for a protest. The truckers shouldn't just refuse for Vechirco's sake, they should do so out of prudence. A paycheck isn't worth the risk of traveling there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran

Alright our resident baby is back to puff out his chest and show everyone he’s got all the facts right. If you oppose Miles he’ll be the first to tell you how dumb you are.

Miles, just a couple questions/comments:

Are you aware that MDOT admitted they let this 18 wheeler by mistake onto the interstate? That news broke today.

How many people did he kill with his truck? Oh right, nobody.

Why in Gods name should protesters be on a freeway anyway?

This thing is completely overblown, a joke really.

How about some focus on the 180+ business completely trashed by the rioting? Not as much hatred toward them as the driver of the semi. Pathetic. Speaking of pathetic, Walz and Frey are completely over their head. Laughing stock of the USA.
[/quote]

I am aware that MNDOT has also said it shut down the highways inside the loop at 5:00 and 45 minutes will get you from one side to the other at empty highway speed. I am aware that MNDOT has also said he did go around a barricade. I am also aware that he is under arrest and have heard there are charges filed.

Having driven that piece of road hundreds of times in >36,000 lb vehicles I am also aware he could see those people on the highway as soon as he cleared 3rd street. I was watching that happen live on TV and he had time from when he saw them to get the rig shut down well before he got to the bulk of the protesters.

The people were on the freeway with the blessing of the state, Minneapolis, the National Guard and St Paul. They were there because it was a good place to keep them in sight and under control instead if on much smaller roads where they could lose control of the crowd.

The driver got lucky he didn't kill a bunch of people. It was neither his skill nor good driving that prevented people getting killed. Either would have had that rig shut down well before he got to the bulk of the people on the road. That driver had to be as clueless as you are to be passing a bunch of pedestrians all the way from Cedar-Riverside on a completely empty freeway and still be driving over the speed limit with a hazmat tank behind him. That wasn't a mistake or an accident and THAT is why he in in custody right now.

Unlike the resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC who spent the night in the basement with the lights off, Frey and Walz spent the night coordinating efforts to minimize the damage done to their cities.

You want to blame someone for the burning and looting try starting in the right place with the fugging idiot who started it by killing someone while being videoed.

You are such a simpleton that this is way too easy to do. Go get a third grader to help you before you come back.

This whole mess is an object lesson in why we have a second amendment. In Minnesota it would have been legally defensible to have shot Chauvin dead to prevent him killing Floyd. For one person to have attempted that alone would have likely been suicidal, but an armed group would likely have been able to save Floyd's life. An armed citizenry can be very valuable.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The driver was driving past downtown Minneapolis eastbound on I-94 and went on the ramp leading to I-35 W northbound. He apparently did not know the freeway was closed since there were no signs or barricades prohibiting his movements. The State of MN has released information indicating the driver did not intend to harm anyone since he did not know about the people on the bridge. Anyone who has driven through that area while it is under construction should know that you make a left turn off I-94, navigate some curves and go through a series of exits and climb a rise to get to the I-35 W bridge over the Mississippi River. It would surprise me that he could see the people until he was close to them and then avoided hitting the people and slowed the truck down. It is a miracle no protester was hurt. The truck driver should be considered a hero for avoiding hurting any body instead of being beaten by protesters/rioters and arrested and vilified by inaccurate media reports that rushed to judgement before knowing the facts.

Apparently somebody with MNDOT forgot to put up signs and barriers. Another example of government ineptitude.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
JFC, this state is an embarrassment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fuel truck right.Can you imagine if those thugs started popping valves open and spilling fuel on the road.I'd say I feared for my life and run over the mf'ers

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fuel truck was empty at time of this incident.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 13 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.