Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
So is slowly decreasing their government checks the answer?

That coupled with opportunities?

Be all for it up here.

Most are on welfare.

Yes!

Opportunities are not lacking around here. It’s up to each State and local government to ensure job opportunities for their constituents. They do a good job of that here in a lot of areas, but not all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

I would aim to reduce the federal level programs by X amount over 10 years.

It wouldn't require a Chinaman to tally up the amounts each respective state is receiving at the start of the plan. They get that money on year one.

Each year after that, they know it's going to be reduced by ?.?%. If the states can't do with what the feds are giving them each consecutive year, they're either going to have to raise their constituents taxes at the state level, or find a way to get people into a job.

This would be steering us back to the founding principles of our country. State's rights/responsibilities and a free market.

It sounds good
How do we implement it? Why hasn’t it happened yet?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It sounds good

Pass a bill.

Make your campaign sound better than the opponents.

The start of that would be getting people to understand that "Your type is never going to be successful like white people, so you have to live like this" is in fact, a hate filled view and not compassionate at all.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

This is my favorite version of you and where we've always aligned ideologically. I'm glad to see it. It's also the platform Trump should be campaigning on. Thank you for putting words to it.

You sound like a gay.

I was compelled to sincerity, but point taken.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have said a few times in recent years that there is an opportunity to bring a few issues together to solve a problem. An able bodied person who is receiving assistance should have to serve on a modern day CCC. In doing so they could learn a trade or a skill and gain job experience that would make them more competitive in the private sector. We have crumbling infrastructure we have joblessness. We have people drawing from society and not giving back. We have people who need to experience the dignity of hard work.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Humans are designed to thrive. It's what we do. It's time the black community ceases to be the principle fuel for an industry of special interests masquerading as a progressive political movement. I still believe that people are born good and equal, with a destiny to be free.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Free money for doing nothing has always been corrosive. It ends up subsidizing the worst behaviors.

Free money destroys the family by making fathers expendable.

Just like people get off of the Rez, people get out of the ghetto all the time, they move out leaving the worst behind. The ones who got out, for the most part, ain't the ones breaking and looting.

Teaching your kid they are a victim because of who they are is the among the worst things you can do to a kid.

Most of us become our parents, if your parents have lived off of free money their whole lives that becomes the way of life you also accept as normal.

These violent thieves are merely displaying to surrounding communities the same behavior they ordinarily project on each other within their communities.

I grew up in England in a strata of society where lots of people were on "the Dole" as a way of life, same problems, and everybody was White.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I would aim to reduce the federal level programs by X amount over 10 years.

It wouldn't require a Chinaman to tally up the amounts each respective state is receiving at the start of the plan. They get that money on year one.

Each year after that, they know it's going to be reduced by ?.?%. If the states can't do with what the feds are giving them each consecutive year, they're either going to have to raise their constituents taxes at the state level, or find a way to get people into a job.

This would be steering us back to the founding principles of our country. State's rights/responsibilities and a free market.

And all the while they’re still kicking out babies to be fed.

I believe that “Workfare “ has been previously tried and I’m certain that the House of Representatives will warm up to this real quick nowadays.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I have a theory that if you could maintain good job opportunities near any ghetto or slum you would see criminal activity diminish.

This has been proven with even the filthiest of races such as Greeks, Italians, Irish, and Cubans.

Black Americans do have one convincing piece of the “we are different” argument however. Segregation continued for a long, long time in the southern portion of the US.

You belong in the Peace Corps.

No worries B, you sit safely at home and post spite, you don't actually DO anything.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have a theory that if you could maintain good job opportunities near any ghetto or slum you would see criminal activity diminish.

This has been proven with even the filthiest of races such as Greeks, Italians, Irish, and Cubans.

Black Americans do have one convincing piece of the “we are different” argument however. Segregation continued for a long, long time in the southern portion of the US.

No worries B, you sit safely at home and post spite, you don't actually DO anything.

It’s called ‘Retirement ‘.

You’ll enjoy it when the time comes.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I do what I want these days,.....because I never let a woman crash me financially then fly the coup.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
And for the record, I post fact. It just sounds like spite to those who have had their brains turned to schitt.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It sounds good

Pass a bill.

The start of that would be getting people to understand that "Your type is never going to be successful like white people, so you have to live like this" is in fact, a hate filled view and not compassionate at all.

Politicians are scared schit less to approach this. I’m no politician. I’d definitely support a general plan to accomplish this however.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kingston
Humans are designed to thrive. It's what we do. It's time the black community ceases to be the principle fuel for an industry of special interests masquerading as a progressive political movement. I still believe that people are born good and equal, with a destiny to be free.

How can you deprive such noble industries like the Prison industry...or the Judicial industry....of much needed grist?

Oh, the Welfare and Entitlement industries as well.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's a complex problem, therefor, there's no simple solution.

The first problem is that none of these people will go get a job as long as da gubment is paying them to stay home. Ronald Reagan got a lot of people off of welfare and they went back to work. Not sure how to do that, but they could start by making them submit to random drug testing. That would weed out about 80% of them, but then you'd have riots in the streets and they still couldn't get a job because they won't be able to pass a drug test. My attitude is that if I have to be drug tested in order to pay my taxes, they should have to be drug tested in order to receive my tax money. They need to quit paying the baby's mamas for having more kids. They should be required to be on some sort of birth control.

The other problem is that they don't know how to work because they've never done it before. They have no work ethic and they have no skills. These are the least desirable candidates. As much as I want to help people get ahead, I would never hire someone with this sort of resume. Somehow they need to be trained.

Back in the Obama years after the economy tanked, they extended unemployment to 99 weeks (2 years). Whenever I would go to hire a new guy, I'd go through the resumes of applicants. We have a question on our application that asks if they are currently working, and if not, how long have they been out of work. I'd get people who were still working, but wanted to change jobs or make more money. I'd get people that were out of work for a week or two. Then I'd get the guys that said they've been out of work for 2 years. They were at the bottom of the heap and never got the job I was offering. It told me three things. First, that they're a lazy piece of crap, they have no work ethic, and they've been milking the system as long as they could. Second, that since they haven't worked in two years and they're out of practice. Third, that they're stupid and they waited until their unemployment ran out before they started looking for a job. I don't have room for stupid people.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It sounds good

Pass a bill.

Politicians are scared schit less to approach this. I’m no politician. I’d definitely support a general plan to accomplish this however.

I think electing different senators and representatives is a lot more feasible than "send them all back to Africa" and "the war is coming."

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And for the record, I post fact. It just sounds like spite to those who have had their brains turned to schitt.

Have you ever had a black friend?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I do what I want these days,.....because I never let a woman crash me financially then fly the coup.

I did <"shrug"> , it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Prob'ly still is, I never really GAS about "things", still don't.

Ain't likely to happen again tho , at least not until I can get to Thailand smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ain't likely to happen again tho , at least not until I can get to Thailand smile

Have you ever been to Thailand?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Naah, you delight in the spite of it, from the safe anonymity of the internet.

Tell ta what, neither of us is gonna live much longer, on the other side we can compare notes as to how we did before the Big Guy.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,401
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.