Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There won't be a second wave in places like NY, where LGS are still shut down ans "non-essential businesses" due to Price Andy's decree. \

Sucks to be them.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Keep those magazines full!!!

Last edited by hanco; 06/01/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I sure hope so, particularly around the weekend of June 13-14 when I will have a table at a local gun show with, among other things, 4-5 semi-auto handguns on the table.

Jim, is that the Lewis-Clark show in Nampa?

L.W.

Yes, they got rescheduled from their original date of 6/6 and 6/7 due to the whole Corona shutdown so it's now going to be June 13 and 14. I'm about 70% sure I'll get a table although the last Nampa show was a huge bust - lowest turnout I've ever seen - since they didn't advertise it well and it competed with a lot of other things going on in Boise that weekend. Missed the whole Covid-19 panic buying by maybe two weeks, otherwise I'd be retired to Idaho right now... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Heym06
Hopefully most already have what they need. So the production catch up won't be an issue, for first time buyers!

It's pretty obvious the business owners in the riot zones didn't already have what they need. I'm amazed they didn't.

It's been a long time since '68. And most Americans have short memories.

Similar to all the homes and businesses built directly in the path of the inevitable 100 year flood.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There was a second wave this afternoon about 2:00. I went in to the LGS for the first time in a couple of months and there was this old, Winchester Model 12 with a solid rib, straight grip, high grade stock, and a lot of patina but no pits, that was screaming out to me to bring it home. A quick check of the bolt locking recess and the bore and I knew I could find a spot for it in the gun safe. It will be easy to breath new life into this old bird gun and give it a fresh start into its second century!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm trying to do my part to help this economy in these trying times and I hope the rest of y'all do the same! Now to go help out a craft brewer by buying some SouthBound Mountain Jam!

Harry
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I sure hope so, particularly around the weekend of June 13-14 when I will have a table at a local gun show with, among other things, 4-5 semi-auto handguns on the table.

Jim, is that the Lewis-Clark show in Nampa?

L.W.

Yes, they got rescheduled from their original date of 6/6 and 6/7 due to the whole Corona shutdown so it's now going to be June 13 and 14. I'm about 70% sure I'll get a table although the last Nampa show was a huge bust - lowest turnout I've ever seen - since they didn't advertise it well and it competed with a lot of other things going on in Boise that weekend. Missed the whole Covid-19 panic buying by maybe two weeks, otherwise I'd be retired to Idaho right now... wink

Thanks, Jim. I might try to get over there on Saturday. I'll look for your table if I attend. I imagine Caribou Jack will be there.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr
There was a second wave this afternoon about 2:00. I went in to the LGS for the first time in a couple of months and there was this old, Winchester Model 12 with a solid rib, straight grip, high grade stock, and a lot of patina but no pits, that was screaming out to me to bring it home. A quick check of the bolt locking recess and the bore and I knew I could find a spot for it in the gun safe. It will be easy to breath new life into this old bird gun and give it a fresh start into its second century!

I'm trying to do my part to help this economy in these trying times and I hope the rest of y'all do the same! Now to go help out a craft brewer by buying some SouthBound Mountain Jam!

It's sure got a lot of character. that's for sure. I'd lose that old recoil pad, though, it's hideous.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bbassi
There won't be a second wave in places like NY, where LGS are still shut down ans "non-essential businesses" due to Price Andy's decree. \

Sucks to be them.

I’m in NY. All of the gun shops are open around me and have been for sometime.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Mathsr

It's sure got a lot of character. that's for sure. I'd lose that old recoil pad, though, it's hideous.

I have already talked with my gunsmith about that. I like character in a firearm, especially character that comes with honest work and time...not abuse. Going to clean it up a little, replace the recoil pad, no white lines. Mostly clean and oil what is there and don't change the aged look any more than is necessary. I'm thinking about getting the checkering re cut but not refinishing the stock. Should be good for all things with wings...

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Good luck with that. Right now, at all 4 of the distributors I deal with, there is not a Glock of any caliber to be had, other than the Model 44 chambered in 22 LR. And only a couple of them even have any of those. Any other model is gone within minutes of being put into inventory. Handgun ammo is in the same situation, especially any of the popular calibers.

someone knows what he is talking about

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I swung by the Palmetto State Armory store this morning, since I was in the neighborhood anyway, figured I'd pick up a few 30 rd P-Mags they had on sale Saturday for $9.99. Had to get in line outside, they were only letting 25 in the store at a time. When I got to the front of the line the employee who was on the door asked if I knew what I wanted, they were kind of encouraging people not to just go in and browse because of the limited number allowed in. He said if I wanted to buy a gun, background checks were taking a long time, the system was overloaded. I asked about 1st time gun buyers....he just rolled his eyes, "Oh yeah, we've had a lot of those lately...the stories I could tell you." I saw a couple of guys leaving who, somehow, gave the impression of first time buyers, both with NIB pistols, ammo, holster....Saw several AR kits go out the door. When I went in, the 55 gallon drum that was full of $9.99 P-Mags Saturday was below half today, for all I know it was another drum.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I went to WalMart with the wife this afternoon. Not one weapon or any ammunition on the shelves aside from 12 Gauge Field Loads. Didn't see anyone over there to ask if they pulled them or were sold out.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never 'panic purchased' a gun in my life, but now is a great time to have a stack of $100.00 bills in the safe. Some unbelievable deals lately.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Maybe, if the looters haven't gotten them all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All that .gov cheese buying lots of guns and ammo!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just stopped by the local Bi-Mart and they have all kinds of pistols in stock, actually have a Glock 44. That thing is a lot bigger than I expected.... shocked A couple of guns there interest me (Ruger PC9 and that G44), but not enough to drop the coin right now. Ammo was pretty much gonzo.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I stopped in a local gun store this morn. They were quite busy. At least three back ground checks in the 10 minutes I was there

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.