M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
They say forgetfulness and being easily disttracted arent signs
of old timers. Sure hope so.

Been that way since childhood. (Probably have ADD. Never got
taken for diagnosis. Folks just beat my ass.)

50 now. And it ain't getting better!

They used to call ADD, and ADHD, "being a boy" !!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ah, retirement. I get up and make coffee. Then I take a look online to see what happened in the world overnight and what's new on the Fire. I go out on the deck and take a look around at everything I need to do today. Then I get another cup of coffee and check to see what new comments have appeared on the Fire threads I read earlier. Some time in there I likely fry a couple eggs and make a piece of toast. About the time I'm done with the Fire and ready to go outside and get to work, my wife gets up. I talk to her than repeat most of what you've read up to this point. By the time I'm done with all the screwing around, the morning's half gone and the coffee's all gone. Time to make another pot.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Still working, the Commie virus time off has made me start thinking about retirement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As long as the hydraulic's work I'm good...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Slope77
Yeah, I am (turned 50 a few months ago), but my primary confirmation of that is my reaction to popular culture.

I’m not on Instagram or Facebook. I can’t imagine sharing that much. I really haven’t appreciated new music or most television for the last 10+ years. And I relate a lot to Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.

BUT I think my wife is hot as “f”, even more so than she was 20 years ago when I met her, and she makes me feel young. Plus, I have 3 kids 10-14, and they wont let me be old!

I don’t know you, but like you!!

Ya, me too !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Paul, I'll have to miss the day, don't party too hard.

Thanks Richard, had a great day with the family !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ??

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Wife and I just Turned 60 and just retired. There’s 2 in this house just like that.

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Am I getting old? Nope, I've been there, done that, got the T shirt AND the ball cap! Being old sucks- - - - -I'm going to spend the time I've got left enjoying life, and the young sprouts who think I'm an old fool can take a good look at the sprig of mistletoe pinned to my untucked shirt tail! A lot of them won't make it as far as I have!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
When you get old three things happen, first you lose your memory, and the other two l forgot.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Reminds me of the movie "shaft". Richard Roundtree, at the end in the bar........ "That boy gonna knock a hole in somethin' tonight!"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
'The only thing faster than the speed of thought is the speed of forgetfulness.'

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been retired for 12 years and still chasing the old lady around without needing any pills.

It is your high blood pressure pills that are wrecking your love life.

Quit eating carbs and your blood pressure will go down. Stop the blood pressure medicine.
Quit eating carbs and you lose weight. Stop taking statins. They are killing you.
Quit eating carbs and you lose weight so you can sleep without a cpap machine. You can sleep on your back without snoring.

Eat fatty meat and vegatables. Exercise. Learn new stuff. Believe in something.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yup,i m getting old, filled with pins and screws,fake joints,half gutted from cancer,at 57 i m about worn out.But i m still kicking,a little confused sometimes.lol but still hitting it.i m lucky to have survived to enjoy my pension and retirement.i told my oldest daughter that i hope to live long enough to become a burden to her, that the cops call her constantly because i m running around naked again.that would make it all worth while,lol.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am not at 62. I do everything I did as a young man, just a little slower. Not as good as I once was- good once as I ever was. Still hunt sheep, rope steers and ride.
Appreciate it more, now

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 34 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.