Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Anyone else hear the broadcast today? I missed the last nine minutes but the first part reminded me of the Stother Martin quote on communicating in the movie Cool hand Luke.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean "What we got here is failure to communicate?"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I caught some of it but had a dental appointment I had to attend.

I heard one of the black men keep saying "The mechanism of white supremacy must be dismantled!" Heard him say that two or three times, then I had to leave.

Did Limbaugh ever ask him just what the "mechanism of white supremacy" was? Or did he ask the dude, "What is the mechanism of white supremacy, and how do you suggest it be dismantled?"

Anyone hear anything like that?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes, Limbaugh said if they speak again it would be incumbent on the dude to define white supremacy. Limbaugh basically maintained there was no such thing.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by hatari
You mean "What we got here is failure to communicate?"

That's the one. Different mindsets for sure

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I missed the last part, but caught most of it; all I could stomach anyway.

One of the crew said that the "system" was designed to work for white people. That's like saying a car's "system" was designed for white people. Yes, the car was designed by white people but a black person can operate the vehicle just as well as a white one does, if you care enough to learn how to drive.

This country was designed by white people who wanted to be free, so they designed it for free people. Now, blacks were not free then; but they have been free for over 150 years, plenty of time to learn how to operate the system as it was designed.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

I heard one of the black men keep saying "The mechanism of white supremacy must be dismantled!" Heard him say that two or three times, then I had to leave.

Did Limbaugh ever ask him just what the "mechanism of white supremacy" was? Or did he ask the dude, "What is the mechanism of white supremacy, and how do you suggest it be dismantled?"

L.W.

Another catch phrase liberal elites throw upon the ignorant masses, who don't have a clue what it means but it just sounds good. It actually is designed to make stupid people look smart to other stupid people. I can remember when "disproportionate" was the "in" mantra, even though those making liberal use of the word didn't know what it meant and couldn't read a dictionary in order to find out.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I watched the whole thing. About 25% of it was both sides not being on the same page. Rush would say something then it would get twisted or misunderstood. Then he’d correct them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Another catch phrase liberal elites throw upon the ignorant masses, who don't have a clue what it means but it just sounds good. It actually is designed to make stupid people look smart to other stupid people. I can remember when "disproportionate" was the "in" mantra, even though those making liberal use of the word didn't know what it meant and couldn't read a dictionary in order to find out.

Caught this on my ride back from Tenn yesterday.

I took it to mean doing away with the Constitution.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by John Adams
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i wasn't impressed by rush's performance

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

I wasn't either.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by sse

I wasn't either.

he should have known better. Hard to enter a discussion on race when you are labeled a white supremacist before it started and have spend the entire interview as a white supremacist. Its a common tool of the left and they think they're so clever when they utilize this method. Not once did fatherless families, embracing violent culture come up in the discussion.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave it a go and couldn’t do it had to change the station.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by sse

I thought he could've done better a couple of times, too. It was interesting though, when he asked them why they kept on voting democrat when that party failed to keep so many of its promises to them. There was a stunned silence for a few seconds before one of them finally stammered a lame response. It was obvious that they had never asked themselves the same question.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He did invite them back for another go at it. Now that they have laid down their cards on the table, Rush will be able to perform precision surgery on them next time. He was at an insurmountable position going in cold turkey. These groids proved they had neither the intellect nor the ability to present logical, and provable arguments to support their stated, and subjective, positions.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
He did invite them back for another go at it. Now that they have laid down their cards on the table, Rush will be able to perform precision surgery on them next time. He was at an insurmountable position going in cold turkey. These groids proved they had neither the intellect nor the ability to present logical, and provable arguments to support their stated, and subjective, positions.

Puzzling he went in expecting a reasonable discussion. But maybe hell use out to his advantage. He s very good at reading the tea leaves and our current culture.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.