Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
The millennium M-110 is okay, but heavier than heck, and impossible to setup solo. Its isnt the best stand to bow hunt from in my opinion, and I never install the rifle rest because of this.

I much prefer the Rivers Edge Lockdown Bow Pro.

Yeh you hunt? Lmao

Dude.. i hunt animals and chicks... you should try either... put down the fly rod n dicks.

Last edited by Ejp1234; 06/01/20.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Check out Heavens Trail Outdoors. The absolute best system out there. They’ve thought of everything. Buy once cry once

Saw them up close and personal at an outdoor show. There is no way a couple of guys could tote one of those in the woods and prop it up in a tree. Heaviest stand I’ve ever seen.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Millennium ladder stand. No comparison!

These look pretty good. I am going to check them out, thank you.

+another for the millenniums.

I like the older (original) dual rail ladders.

Those seats are comfy. 20’ is just right.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Check out Heavens Trail Outdoors. The absolute best system out there. They’ve thought of everything. Buy once cry once

Saw them up close and personal at an outdoor show. There is no way a couple of guys could tote one of those in the woods and prop it up in a tree. Heaviest stand I’ve ever seen.

Watch some of their videos online. If you can get a Polaris ranger to where you want the stand, one man can hang it safely and with minimal effort. That’s the 2 man ladder. Their hang on stand is easily carried in and hung by one person

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SKane

I generally live via the buy-once, cry-once creed. But that's [bleep] laughable.

No more laughable in my opinion than a $2500 scope when a $300 one will work

I don’t know why we skimp on some things and not others

I do not own any HT products but I’m sure I will some day

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I generally live via the buy-once, cry-once creed. But that's [bleep] laughable.

Their prices are insane. It doesn’t even look like their $3200 double ladder stand is made in the USA.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
R

It’s a pretty good looking stand but definitely more than I’m planning on spending right now.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Family Traditions ladder stands are the best ones I’ve hunted out of. Not light or cheap, but comfortable and sturdy. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've not yet encountered a double stand that I can sit down in without having to have my legs straight out in front of me, seats are all too low to the platform (I suspect since they're designed to hunt out of with a kid). Single stands I'd rather have a deeper platform than a wider one. I much prefer seats that are able to flip up against the tree so that standing with back against the tree is an option without the seat digging into the back of your legs. Shooting rails are generally worthless so a non factor for me. In my experience if you find one you fall in love with it is going to be discontinued next season so by multiples as soon as you know you like it. Stock ratchet straps are generally garbage, buy at least one decent one and I try to make it a habit to rig up a safety chain since I tend to leave ladder stands out year round if they are in a proven spot and the webbing winds up getting dry rotted or chewed on. Riding ladder stands down the quick way when the strap lets go is gay.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I always bought my tree stands off season when the price went down, and I never bought the expensive ones. I made modifications as necessary, replaced bolts , with stainless steel ones, used a backup ratchet strap on em. I set all up myself, which can be risky unless you really know your ropes and safeties.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two Rivers Edge, a double and a wide single. Folding mesh seats and shooting rail. Both have enough room that you can set your rifle on the seat beside you (upside down) with the barrel resting on the rail. That makes sitting all day a lot easier, glassing too. The double is really roomy; worth the extra weight and expense. You will need help putting either up.

In 2018 I bough my first hang-on, also a RE. Used their enclosed strap-on ladder sections too. Works great and no more futzing around with uneven ground.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Buying offseason is the way we got most of the stands on the property where I hunt. The property owner would approach the manger of hunting department in large outdoor stores and offer to buy all the stands they had on display. Most stores don't like the task of taking down the treestand displays and are happy to have someone purchase and take down the displays so they don't have to store them during the offseason nor worry about missing parts etc..

Last edited by gunswizard; 06/02/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And if you have 40-some treestands scattered in the woods with some in reserve, one should cull most and just get one or two good ones? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

A $2500 scope is actually worth it. Esp when you are hunting vs just shooting targets on the range.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

A $2500 scope is actually worth it. Esp when you are hunting vs just shooting targets on the range.

That’s entirely subjective

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

And if you have 40-some treestands scattered in the woods with some in reserve, one should cull most and just get one or two good ones? smile

Plenty of folks on this site have 40+ rifles with many in reserve.

Others focus on quality over quantity

Still others have a few premium rifles that they use the most while dozens of others are of varying quality

Why should tree stands be any different?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While replacing wood ladder stands, I have purchased Sportsman's Guide - Guide Gear single and double ladder stands.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I have The Big Buddy stand made by Big Game Treestands.

The biggest drawback to ladder stands is that they are a bunch of pieces to tote and assemble in the woods
I build wood ladder stands, no assembly required in the woods. I shoulder carry them or trailer them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by roundoak

The biggest drawback to ladder stands is that they are a bunch of pieces to tote and assemble in the woods
I build wood ladder stands, no assembly required in the woods. I shoulder carry them or trailer them.

Originally Posted by roundoak

That's funny to see this ^ ^ ^
I built and used I don't know how many of
these just exactly like that when I was much
younger and lumber was way more reasonably
priced than it is now.
Thanks for posting that

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Muddy and hawk have some 1.5 man, mesh seat stands that are doing pretty good for us over the last few years....and aren’t too pricey.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

576 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,300
Posts18,449,033
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.