Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Short answer? DNA.

I am going to challenge that notion. In New Orleans there is a problem with generational, poverty, poor education, crime and a host of other issues. Young black males from fatherless homes in poor black neighborhoods, statistically speaking, have the odds stacked against them.

Your contention is that it is their DNA that finds the odds stacked against them.

If it is their DNA, then answer this question for me. I am a supporter of an organization called Son Of A Saint. Here is what their website says about them.

Growing up without a father is a challenge facing thousands of boys in New Orleans. For too many of them, the challenge will prove overwhelming. Son of a Saint exists for these boys, providing mentorship, education, recreation, camaraderie, cultural enrichment, emotional support and helping to fill the void for dozens of fatherless young men in New Orleans.

These are kids that, statistically speaking, are going to to have a rough go of it. Let's just use one of the many metrics. 50 or greater percent of all black males do not graduate from high school. Yet those who enter this program have a success rate that is right there with whites. In every other metric, these kids perform on a level with their white peers.

If it is a DNA issue, how do you explain the results of kids in this program?

https://sonofasaint.org/what-we-do/#/we-save-lives

Ever read The Bell Curve? How about the wheel and or absence of written language in Sub-Sharan Africa?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Short answer? DNA.

I am going to challenge that notion. In New Orleans there is a problem with generational, poverty, poor education, crime and a host of other issues. Young black males from fatherless homes in poor black neighborhoods, statistically speaking, have the odds stacked against them.

Your contention is that it is their DNA that finds the odds stacked against them.

If it is their DNA, then answer this question for me. I am a supporter of an organization called Son Of A Saint. Here is what their website says about them.

Growing up without a father is a challenge facing thousands of boys in New Orleans. For too many of them, the challenge will prove overwhelming. Son of a Saint exists for these boys, providing mentorship, education, recreation, camaraderie, cultural enrichment, emotional support and helping to fill the void for dozens of fatherless young men in New Orleans.

These are kids that, statistically speaking, are going to to have a rough go of it. Let's just use one of the many metrics. 50 or greater percent of all black males do not graduate from high school. Yet those who enter this program have a success rate that is right there with whites. In every other metric, these kids perform on a level with their white peers.

What brings them into this program?

Voluntarily?

Court Order ?

Simple Walk-in ?

What is the driver for their entry?

Is it co-ed or male only ?

To the best of my understanding, the mother has to request it. The mother can be steered into the program in any number of ways. Boys only. The program directors will identify the kids as at risk based on a number of factors prior to bringing them into the program.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Short answer? DNA.

Ever read The Bell Curve? How about the wheel and or absence of written language in Sub-Sharan Africa?

You know how you can tell when someone isn't interested in having a discussion? They refuse to answer a question and instead ask a question of their own.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Short answer? DNA.

Going back to the source (still ongoing there and here) can be painful to examine.

Never forget that, “We once wuz Kangs and scchitt “.
So much for royalty.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Short answer? DNA.

Voluntarily?

Court Order ?

Simple Walk-in ?

To the best of my understanding, the mother has to request it. The mother can be steered into the program in any number of ways. Boys only. The program directors will identify the kids as at risk based on a number of factors prior to bringing them into the program.

I sincerely believe that is great work.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Short answer? DNA.

Voluntarily?

Court Order ?

Simple Walk-in ?

Sounds like it’s “family driven “ where no or little “family” exists.

Where does the money come from for the organization?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Short answer? DNA.

Voluntarily?

Court Order ?

Simple Walk-in ?

I sincerely believe that is great work.

Yessir.

Most commendable.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1.) The inability to control emotions and urges
2.) Lack of respect for other people's property

3.) A Complete Lack Of Empathy For Another Human's Suffering.

This is the very same fault for which Derek Chauvin has been accused.

How many times have people watched a group of Negroes beat a person to a pulp.Or kick them in the face as they lay on the ground.Or smash them in the face with a brick or piece of concrete.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Africa during the course of the last 8-10 years. The Namibian Professional Hunter that I hunt with is a very bright and also religious man. When we’ve discussed the propensity for violence displayed by both African blacks and American blacks, he has a unique theory: they have a genetic lack of EMPATHY. If you don’t feel guilty about robbing someone or murdering them, you’ll continue to do it until you get apprehended and incarcerated. I’ve never heard this theory advanced before.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Short answer? DNA.

Voluntarily?

Court Order ?

Simple Walk-in ?

Sounds like it’s “family driven “ where no or little “family” exists.

Where does the money come from for the organization?

Individual and corporate donations. It's one of the few organizations that I really feel great about donating to.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BulletBud
I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Africa during the course of the last 8-10 years. The Namibian Professional Hunter that I hunt with is a very bright and also religious man. When we’ve discussed the propensity for violence displayed by both African blacks and American blacks, he has a unique theory: they have a genetic lack of EMPATHY. If you don’t feel guilty about robbing someone or murdering them, you’ll continue to do it until you get apprehended and incarcerated. I’ve never heard this theory advanced before.

This is a trait thought of the American indians , they thought that stealing anything you had was justifiable if you were not strong or wise enough to protect your "stuff" then it was ok for them to take it from you .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by BulletBud

This is a trait thought of the American indians , they thought that stealing anything you had was justifiable if you were not strong or wise enough to protect your "stuff" then it was ok for them to take it from you .

Two very interesting observations. RTE adds this to my list, and think it is valid.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hat, I'd just have to guess, if your family had not owned anything, you'd have no respect for anyone's?

Really, Wabi ?

That’s a piss poor guess, Pard. Just another excuse is what you’ve just said.

Some of us have been to and lived in places that put the definition into “poor”. Those folks in those places seldom if ever acted in such a manner.

I grew up middle of the road poor...Anything nice we got from our parents or earned, we knew to take good care of It.

The first purchase might be a gift that couldn’t be replaced for a long period of time. Me and my brothers learned this from the consequences of not getting a replacement item, if something happened to the first one.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I grew up middle of the road poor...Anything nice we got from our parents or earned, we knew to take good care of It.

The first purchase might be a gift that couldn’t be replaced for a long period of time. Me and my brothers learned this from the consequences of not getting a replacement item, if something happened to the first one.

😎

A very important point.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/02/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I hunted and fished and worked in the fields of corn, peas, cucumbers and potatoes barefooted in the woods of east Texas as a kid. Saved my tenners for church and school. Got a new pair every year. New ones made your feet burn. Must have been the glue or something.

White sand of the rural roads can get awful hot in August. Dash from one shady spot to another or get off the road and hits the woods or ditch. Freaking thorny vines are heck on toe bases. BlackBerry vines are hell. Nervous at night hunting coons and pussums behind Black and Tan. Loved that dog. Bugger too. Strays after fresh chicken and wild hogs didnt.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/02/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You know how you can tell when someone isn't interested in having a discussion? They refuse to answer a question and instead ask a question of their own.
Answering a question by posing a question in reply was a favorite tactic of no less than Jesus. It exposed the fallacy of the original.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
It's the testosterone. Blacks are dripping in it. Aggression, impulsivity, sex obsession, muscles popping out of your skin, prostate cancer, all the well known and completely non controversial side effects of steroid abuse are basically describing what blacks already have.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10826084.2018.1512630

The other side of that coin is that proves it even further is that all of those antisocial traits are the ones that low testosterone Asians don't have.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aspade
It's the testosterone. Blacks are dripping in it. Aggression, impulsivity, sex obsession, muscles popping out of your skin, prostate cancer, all the well known and completely non controversial side effects of steroid abuse are basically describing what blacks already have.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10826084.2018.1512630
The other side of that coin is that proves it even further is that all of those antisocial traits are the ones that low testosterone Asians don't have.
You may be on to something there. Jersey bulls are known to be vicious and aggressive. I've heard it said they could whip any beef breed going. I've also heard (jokingly) they would leave two or three calves in a herd if you haul one through a place in a trailer.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10

😎

A very important point.

It is, but mostly preaching to the choir here. It's been said many, many times but to no avail apparently.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Humans in general are the most despicable creatures on planet earth, regardless of race. Greedy, selfish, sneaky, unpredictable, conniving, dangerous. You don't have to look any further than our own politicians to see that. Some may be more prone to overt violent behavior than others but they all pretty much suck.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.