Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are doing our regular (3-4 years) evaluation of insurance (homes, vehicles and umbrella) and received a very solid quote from Farm Bureau. Does anyone here have experience with them? Particularly on the claims front.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah. cousins house broke a hot water line from a on demand heater. up stairs. 7-10 days before it was discovered. (2nd home).
entire house gutted to the studs, driers ran for 2 weeks straight. entire contents loss. Farm Bureau covered entire loss. 500k plus.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They are regarded here as paying out very well on claims. Just double check on things like tractors , equipment ,and atv’s. Here, you have to add those items individually to be covered (it’s not covered on home owners) .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Autos, home and valuable items all covered by Farm Bureau. Good rates. Hope to never file a claim.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve been with farm bureau for about 15 years now.
I had to file a claim for hail damage on my roof. They were very quick and very easy to work with. I’m very happy with the service I have received.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
They have been great to me....zero complaints. Hurricane Michael....100% of costs covered even though I had a 1K deductible. Car claims....no issues. I had a gun stolen out of my truck...paid in full...even paid for the scope!

I like em.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have to add ED , make sure you have riders on "collectibles" such as Art, Guns, Coins with your homeowners . those are not covered in your normal fire, theft coverage.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had them for year in Tn for 30+ years

Never gave me any bullshît.

My only reservation: is my farm
Bureau the same as yours? Is that a national brand?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use them for years with no issues on the corporate side. They were always the cheapest on motorcycle insurance back then. After our long-time agent retired, the replacement was horrible so we switched and haven't gone back.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have had KY Farm Bureau for house, farm, and vehicle insurance for past 28 years. Multiple claims. Zero complaints.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Best I've had over the years. Good people here locally. Never any trouble.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You should be fine with them Ed. They dropped us like a dirty shirt on farm liability, cows in neighbor's corn on rented pasture.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A few[small claims] over the 20+ years, no complaints.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I had them years ago.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Got hailed on hard May 10 th called them they sent out 2 estimators 1 for my F-150 the other for the house. Had the checks inside of a week from the estimates. been with them for 21 years MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by EdM
We are doing our regular (3-4 years) evaluation of insurance (homes, vehicles and umbrella) and received a very solid quote from Farm Bureau. Does anyone here have experience with them? Particularly on the claims front.

Absolutley, been with them since I got my first DL. They have paid me fairly for three totaled vehicles, including one hail damaged which we bought back and drove into the ground.

They paid for water damage in the home twice from separate plumbing incidents. The last time I turned about $5K back to them as not needed to effect repairs.

Nobody can come close to their rates. I have had three of the biggies try to sell me insurance. I show them my policy, and my rate. They just shut up and go away.

A couple years ago, I got a check back at the end of the year for $300. FB had a good year with fewer claims than expected. Everyone got a refund.

FB insurance has great firearms coverage. They do not ask for any ID of the weapons covered. My home, contents, and firearms are all covered at full replacement cost. Not some lowball, depreciated value made up by an agent.

You can not go wrong with FB of Idaho.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
They are regarded here as paying out very well on claims. Just double check on things like tractors , equipment ,and atv’s. Here, you have to add those items individually to be covered (it’s not covered on home owners) .

Yes, separate "Marine Rider" covers ATV and boat. Tractors here would be on the farm policy.

Firearms protection is covered under homeowners', with limitations. Additional coverage is available at $ of cost/ $ of protection. As in additional $20k in protection will cost $X. I fail to remember what that rate is.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm actually in the process of changing insurance companies from Farm Bureau to Hochheim.

Probably more of an agent issue than anything else. But when I went to add my new CTL to my inland marine policy where all the equipment we have is insured, the price was shocking. Hochheim beat FB by $400 a year... Hello. shocked

Then on the insurance for the new house, Hochheim beat FB by $500 a year.

Fixing to move all my tractors and equipment, as well as both pickups to Hochheim.

Been trying for more than a year to get my insurance agent at Farm Bureau out here to cover all the ranch and the outbuildings. Not seen him yet.... (they have to take pictures of all buildings, etc.)

The Hochheim agent came out the next day for that.

I'll keep paying my member dues to Farm Bureau, but I'll not have insurance with them until further notice. Sad, since I have been with them for decades.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No claims filed but my experience with farm bureau sucked royally. The agent was a lazy sack who let corporate run the account. I kept getting letters annually that they were dropping my home coverage because the escrow was screwed up (when it wasn’t, they had something wrong in their system). My agent couldn’t be bothered to get off the golf course to fix the problem. After threatening in no uncertain terms to pull my account if I got one more letter he made a few mouse clicks and the problem was fixed.

A couple years later I got a letter one day saying they were dropping me at the end of the month because I only had one line with them (house). No offer to quote me for the cars, trailer, etc. and no call from the agent explaining a shift in they way they do business. They did me a favor as I switched to State Farm. They have been great, including having claims filed for various things.

My parents had home, cars, farm, etc with Farm Bureau. Never filed a claim for over 20 years. Dad crunched a tailgating on a new dodge and filed his first claim in a quarter century. They jacked his rates up so much that thy recouped the cost of the tailgate threefold. Agent said it was corporate policy, nothing he could do. Good luck with the pricks if you go that way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hate farm bureau
Had them thru Katrina and they weaseled out of everything they could and covered nothing inside our home that was damaged due to water intrusion
Told us that “our policy didn’t cover wind blown rain”
Said if a window had been broken they would have covered the interior flood damage
I told them if it ever happened again I’d break every window in the house to be sure !
I was with them for approx 30 years with both home and multiple autos
Never had a auto claim with them and only a very minor $1100 claim on our home due to lighting in almost 30 years before Katrina

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.