Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.startribune.com/trucker-who-rolled-into-35w-protest-released-without-charges/570957332/

VideoVideo (00:44) : The family of Bogdan Vechirko, the semi driver that drove into the protest on I35W made a video to raise money for his defense and to pay bills. Bogdan's wife is 8 months pregnant.

The truck driver who drove onto the 35W Bridge and narrowly missed hitting protesters over the weekend was released from jail Tuesday afternoon as prosecutors continue investigating whether he should be charged with a crime.

Bogdan Vechirko, 35, of Otsego, Minn., was jailed Sunday evening on suspicion of assault and held in the Hennepin County jail until midday Tuesday in connection with his empty fuel tanker careening through a crowd marching to protest the May 25 death of George Floyd after being restrained by Minneapolis police.

The County Attorney's Office had until noon Tuesday to hold Vechirko without charges before they had to release him, pending further investigation, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said in a statement Tuesday.

"Investigators are in the process of gathering additional information and answers to aid in the charging decision," the statement says.

Earlier Tuesday, a relative of Vechirko's said that the harrowing incident was unintentional.

Art Loghinov said he has spoken with Bogdan Vechirko since Sunday's near-deadly sequence of events and is convinced that the incident on the bridge was "not his fault. ... He didn't mean for it to happen. He didn't have any intent to harm or do anything bad to anybody."

State Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington said Monday that the driver "panicked, and he just kept barreling forward" but did not breach any barriers put up to protect the protesters and was not aiming for anyone.

Several among those on the bridge disputed that, including Drew Valle, who said the driver showed "a callous disregard for someone's humanity."

Loghinov and others in the family commissioned a 45-second video that features Vechirko's wife appealing for financial help on behalf of the couple.

Liudmila Vechirko, who is eight months' pregnant, says in Russian as subtitles roll below, "Due to multiple requests, I am recording this video for those who care and want to help our family." She then holds up a piece of paper with an address for a PayPal fundraising account.

Liudmila Vechirko adds that "our credit cards are frozen since they stole his wallet, phone and all the belongings in the truck's cabin. I am very thankful for all your open hearts."

Loghinov also said the family is "very thankful for the people who came to rescue him and very grateful for the police" who fended off some of the marchers who began attacking Bogdan Vechirko after his truck came to a stop halfway across the bridge over the Mississippi River.

The couple's financial situation is under pressure from Bogdan Vechirko missing work, his wife being pregnant and the potential for legal bills in connection with the incident, Loghinov said.

"They are not a rich family," Loghinov said. "He is a hard worker and the only one bringing money to the family.

Loghinov said Bogdan Vechirko came to the United States from Russia when he was 4 years old and met Liudmila in Minnesota.

"He's a nice, friendly guy," Loghinov said. "He was just going home."

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The jay walkers on the interstate are who should be arrested for endangering lives. I'm sure it is illegal to walk on the interstate.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bingo, and furthermore MNDOT let the driver on the road! This story was sensationalized by the media/Governor but ultimately the truth came forward. Shame on Gov Walz who continues to fight a war that is completely over his head.

And I’m not even addressing his utter failure in the over hyped / ultra dramatic COVID lockdown, meanwhile all neighboring states seem to be outperforming MN, and ironically, they aren’t in lockdown. Ugh.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Damn, they arrested the wrong guy!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The jay walkers on the interstate are who should be arrested for endangering lives. I'm sure it is illegal to walk on the interstate.

Bingo!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We should immediately fire Mayor Frey who gave the bad guys a free pass for three nights while they destroyed Minneapolis, better yet he could have the balls to resign. The boy Mayor (community organizer) essentially emboldened rioters across the Country, completely turning his backs on the law abiding residents and businessowners. It’s a real shame, and a story playing out in many cities, de Blasio is the perfect example.

Last edited by cfran; 06/02/20.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I think I will send a few bucks.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good thought. Just an honest hard working guy, which we need more of. As opposed to those that want to live on the system and create carnage with the ongoing looting/rioting.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hopefully nothing further comes of it for the driver. MAGA

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That poor fugker got arrested?

WTF?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Bingo!!

I can’t imagine how anyone could see it any other way.

This is so completely insane that the man had to be SAVED from “protesters”???? Does anyone proof read this stuff???

I find it insulting that they think I’m that stupid.

Sure wish there was a “new world” we could set said for this has just gone beyond bonkers to me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
He was driving on a closed freeway and, even though dumbasses, he can't drive his truck into a crowd. I mean there's rules about that chit.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Reginald Denny- - - - -and a bunch of other victims of "protestors" muggings would disagree with the opinion of some half-azzed keyboard commando, I'm sure! Why was it necessary for those "innocent" protestors to steal the dude's wallet, credit cards, and phone? He should have grabbed a couple more gears and made his own clear lane!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Good thought. Just an honest hard working guy, which we need more of. As opposed to those that want to live on the system and create carnage with the ongoing looting/rioting.

BULL FUGGING SH*T!!!

That truck was almost shut sown BEFORE the bridge over the freeway. He used the 1/2 mile between him and a roadway full of people to accelerate after going past a number of cars turning around on the freeway to go up the off ramp to get clear of the mess. And, I stand corrected he could see the whole this with both directions of the freeway filled with people for at least 1/2 mile before he got to the bulk of them.

In the simplest possible terms the man has no business behind the wheel of any commercial vehicle of any size much less a semi hauling haz mat.

Also, he was released with charges deferred, not with charges dropped. A not at all uncommon and perfectly legal practice. That does not in any way prevent his employer from firing him which should also happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

State Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington said Monday that the driver "panicked, and he just kept barreling forward" but did not breach any barriers put up to protect the protesters and was not aiming for anyone.

Didn't breach any barriers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MILES58

BULL FUGGING SH*T!!!

That truck was almost shut sown BEFORE the bridge over the freeway. He used the 1/2 mile between him and a roadway full of people to accelerate after going past a number of cars turning around on the freeway to go up the off ramp to get clear of the mess. And, I stand corrected he could see the whole this with both directions of the freeway filled with people for at least 1/2 mile before he got to the bulk of them.

In the simplest possible terms the man has no business behind the wheel of any commercial vehicle of any size much less a semi hauling haz mat.

Also, he was released with charges deferred, not with charges dropped. A not at all uncommon and perfectly legal practice. That does not in any way prevent his employer from firing him which should also happen.

Your elected officials and leaders of your State disagree. Get that black dick outta yer mouth and tell ‘em how you feel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

BULL FUGGING SH*T!!!

Hahaha You're a fuggin IDIOT.,

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The new traffic cam videos released today clearly show the truck almost stopped at least 1/2 mile before the bulk of the protesters and some how he got a semi accelerated to near 70 MPH in a 60 zone before he got to them (according to Harrington). He accelerated INTO that mass of people!. He may not have gone through or around any barriers which is contrary to what Harrington also claimed on the day of the incident. The traffic cam is well behind where the truck nearly stopped and it was very clearly showing both sides of the freeway completely blocked with people on foot.

I would bet money they are trying to figure out how to charge an offense based on traffic cam evidence. If the go to court they need someone to attest to the offence, and unlike the red light cams the do not have a photograph of who was driving. Additionally, I think I remember something about the red light cameras being ruled illegal for some reason. Sine they may well only have camera evidence, there may well be a problem in that regard. The State Patrol will almost certainly be in charge of that mess, and they may well not be able to resolve it to the point that he can be charged. The video from the traffic cam show him proceeding past at least two places where passenger vehicles figured out they needed to get off the freeway, so I would expect that it isn't a matter of if they want to charge him so much as how to go about it properly.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The new traffic cam videos released today clearly show the truck almost stopped at least 1/2 mile before the bulk of the protesters and some how he got a semi accelerated to near 70 MPH in a 60 zone before he got to them (according to Harrington). He accelerated INTO that mass of people!. He may not have gone through or around any barriers which is contrary to what Harrington also claimed on the day of the incident. The traffic cam is well behind where the truck nearly stopped and it was very clearly showing both sides of the freeway completely blocked with people on foot.

I would bet money they are trying to figure out how to charge an offense based on traffic cam evidence. If the go to court they need someone to attest to the offence, and unlike the red light cams the do not have a photograph of who was driving. Additionally, I think I remember something about the red light cameras being ruled illegal for some reason. Sine they may well only have camera evidence, there may well be a problem in that regard. The State Patrol will almost certainly be in charge of that mess, and they may well not be able to resolve it to the point that he can be charged. The video from the traffic cam show him proceeding past at least two places where passenger vehicles figured out they needed to get off the freeway, so I would expect that it isn't a matter of if they want to charge him so much as how to go about it properly.

You're a Fuggin IDIOT, but then I repeat myself.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Awesome discussion here.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.