Print Thread
Hop To
H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm wanting to book a 2021 Newfoundland moose hunt. Have you hunted with Taylor's Brook Outfitters? Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

GB1

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm surprised no one has responded. This outfitter must not be as popular (or good) as I was led to believe.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I dont know anything about them at all, but searching where they are located "Strattons Pond" per their website, puts them right outside of Cornerbrook. Awful close to town for me. I've hunted with Robert's and with Red Indian Lake Outfitters and would recommend either. Very different hunts at each place, but would do eother again.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thank you sir.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
We did very well with CONNE RIVER IN 2018. The tribal leadership replaced the head guide in 2019 leading to some confusion, I don’t know how they did last year.

We are going to Tuckamore lodge october1.

IC B2

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks abby. I'll look them up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hotsoup
Hey wishing you the best on your quest.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
it seems as soon as i find what i believe to be a good hunt i find a review or three who had a bad experience. oh well, i'll keep looking. and thank you hammerdown.

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Look at Moose Valley Outfitters. They are family owned and have two fly in camps. His reference list was really long so I sat down and emailed about 30 people. All were positive. I was there two years ago and scheduled (hopefully) to go back this year.

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thank you ATC

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ATC
Look at Moose Valley Outfitters. They are family owned and have two fly in camps. His reference list was really long so I sat down and emailed about 30 people. All were positive. I was there two years ago and scheduled (hopefully) to go back this year.

Where do you fly into there to get onto the island or do you cross on the ferry to PAB? Looks like good reviews on that spot. I'm going in the next couple yrs as a retirement gift to me.

I've been to NL 3x. I love it there, but the winters can be brutal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There should be a sticky for NL hunting on this CDN forum. Other provinces as well.

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by ATC

Where do you fly into there to get onto the island or do you cross on the ferry to PAB? Looks like good reviews on that spot. I'm going in the next couple yrs as a retirement gift to me.

They are based out of Deer Lake. The float plane ride is about 30 minutes to the east/southeast of Deer Lake. The camps are on Bear Pond and Island pond. You can google both and they are on the maps. We also saw some nice caribou two years ago but the owner Dean said they do the caribou hunts in a different location.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ATC
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by ATC

They are based out of Deer Lake. The float plane ride is about 30 minutes to the east/southeast of Deer Lake. The camps are on Bear Pond and Island pond. You can google both and they are on the maps. We also saw some nice caribou two years ago but the owner Dean said they do the caribou hunts in a different location.

Deer Lake is only 3 hrs from PAB. Not a bad trip from here. I'm only 6 hrs from the ferry but it looks like a 19hr trip for you.

Is this their website? http://www.moosevalley.com/index.php

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I hunted moose with Taylor's Brook quite some time ago. They walked me to death but I shot a nice 15pt bull. Camp was clean and food was good. I also took a nice black bear on the same trip. They hunt out of a lakeside home and accommodate about 6 hunters. I had a good trip.

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
thanks for the replies men.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.