Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/columbus-condado-tacos-close-tuesday-june-2-2020

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) — Columbus-area Condado Tacos locations closed Tuesday after employees refused to fill an order for Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers.

Employees were asked to make a 500 taco order for the law enforcement agency. Several employees refused and walked out. Some employees said the district manager stated, “they would be fired if they walked out.”

Condado Tacos closes Tuesday after employees refuse to make food for troopers
Columbus-area Condado Tacos locations closed Tuesday after employees refused to fill an order for Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers. Employees were asked to make a 500 taco order for the law...

“It was pretty clear where the situation was going in so I just didn’t feel it was right to stick around, they kind of drew their line in the sand I think," said Jake Widdowson, a Condado Tacos employee.

A spokesperson for the restaurant group said Condado Tacos' Polaris location received the paid-in-full catering order on Monday night from the Ohio State Highway Patrol. The spokesperson said no employees were fired after a few employees expressed they were uncomfortable with fulfilling the request.

"After a discussion with their regional manager about their concerns, were given the option to not work on the order. The employees who expressed their concerns chose to not complete their shift last night however, their jobs remain intact at Condado if they choose to return," said the spokesperson. "We built Condado to be a place that is open to everyone, without judgment or fear, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for racism, prejudice and discrimination."

The restaurant group decided to close all Columbus-area stores on Tuesday out of an abundance of caution.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
fuggen idiots. what do they think that schithole town would be like without cops? just turn on the news. man bun mother fuggers would be the first ones to go.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Looters don't care if the doors are locked- - - - -"Let's go get some free food- - - -Uhhhhh- - - -does anybody know how to cook?"
LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No prejudice but they don't have to serve cops. Right.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
never eaten at one,now I never will

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Never heard of them, will not stop at one if ever see one while traveling.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can you imagine how much spit would have been in that order? Some one needs to start catering for LEOs.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like their restaurant is about to burn down.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My take:

Stupid employees, well within their rights to walk, but who should have been fired.

Stupid company, well within their rights to keep the employees, who they should have fired.

Never heard of the place, won't eat there if I come across one. Well within MY rights.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
How is it with
Originally Posted by duck911
My take:

Stupid employees, well within their rights to walk, but who should have been fired.

Stupid company, well within their rights to keep the employees, who they should have fired.

Never heard of the place, won't eat there if I come across one. Well within MY rights.

How is it within their right to refuse???yes MANAGEMENT COULD BUT not employees. Wha5 if this was a taco place that refuse to serve black people ???the media would light it up! Such bullshiiiiit double standards I am so sick of

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s likely that refusing to serve someone because of the job they have is different...in the laws eyes...than refusing to serve someone because of their race, age, religion, sex, nationality, etc..

“It's not against the law to refuse to serve police officers, or any other kind of occupational category," said David Sklansky, a Stanford University law professor and co-director of Stanford's Criminal Justice Center.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...zj9z/can-businesses-refuse-to-serve-cops

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is dat a democrat area...funny stuff

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You SOB's that walk out - don't come back, except for your final paycheck.
Discrimination on the first order!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The cops NEED to pursue a lawsuit!
This is a crock of sh!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Can you imagine how much spit would have been in that order? Some one needs to start catering for LEOs.

You can’t rely on sub human monkeys to do even a simple job.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
"We built Condado to be a place that is open to everyone, without judgment or fear, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for racism, prejudice and discrimination."

But we're OK with arson, looting, and murder.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
The whole culture is playing ankle-grabber to these entitled little pricks like this.

Fire these employees, arrest the rioters, restore order.

No peace, no justice.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by IA_fog

How is it within their right to refuse???

They have every right to just walk out. Quit. Walk out and get fired. Walk out and piss on the drive through sign and get arrested.

It's a free country. There may be consequences, but they had every right to walk out and not make the food.

And they should have been immediately CHIT CANNED for walking out. But management didn't. Also their right. Tasteless, but but their right.

So to re-iterate, stupid employees, stupid management, stupid company.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It would make my day if the gangs of thugs rampaging through our cities decided to pay Condom Tacos a visit. I would really enjoy watching the video of those ass-hole employees getting the [bleep] kicked out of them and when they call 911 for help the cops could say they "wouldn't feel right" about responding.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Can you imagine how much spit would have been in that order? . . .

Yeah. . . If I see someone preparing food and spitting
in it, boogers, crotch rubbing, any of that kind of stupidity,
if I'm able to, they're going to lose a tooth, get a bone broken, something to remember what a stupid thing it is
to contaminate someone's food. It's not a joke.
Same for the coffee pot pissing disgruntled employees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,721
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.