Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My son in law's Grandmother was attacked last week by a Pit Bull Terrier which severed & lacerated half of her face & neck. She is in her late 70's. Recovery will be arduous at best, if at all.

I think they should be banned from existence.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
High IQ owner.

https://youtu.be/oU2mkOzdxXk

I'd be trying to dig some eyes out.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Long post. Sorry

Had a pit bull wiener mix named Kami. About 40 pounds. Short but long. Brindled, muscled as hell. She was kinda finicky with adult males. Loved kids though. Died after she bit a trailer tire backing into the driveway. Would never bat a eye about letting my kids near her. She was an amazing dog. wish I knew how to post pics, you would laugh at how she looked. Like a caricature. Probably the best dog I have ever had, or maybe a tie with my Boston terrier buster. Coyote killed him, but I got revenge.

I go to Crested Butte CO every summer. One day I saw a guy out walking his dog. I asked if it was a pit/dachshund mix. It was. Comical looking dog. Cute as all get out. Extremely muscular. I'll bet that could be one hell of a tenacious combo. I see that dog every year and make a point to say hello.

Go to www.postimages.org

Select "choose images"

Double click on the image from your gallery

Once it is uploaded, highlight the text in the "hotlink for forums" bar

Paste here

You don't have to create an account, but your photos will go away from where you post them after a period of time if you don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
High IQ owner.

Kill all those mo th erfu c kin g dogs and put the owner in jail. Take everything he has and give it to the people he harmed by keeping those mutts.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 06/03/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Igloo
Have seen propaganda here and there (especially social media and yes being there is a mistake) that shows the purported amount of bites by breed.

Small dogs are always first

Pit bulls are always last

Thats like saying more people are shot with a BB gun than a 30-06.

THIS

I can football kick a small dog and not fight for my life.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by jaguartx
High IQ owner.

Kill all those mo th erfu c kin g dogs and put the owner in jail. Take everything he has and give it to the people he harmed by keeping those mutts.

Take everything he has? He's a very typical pit bull owner. Not a lick of goddam sense or money and even less insurance.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/03/20.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by okie

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago my brother’s neighbor was mauled and nearly killed by one of his pits while doing yard work. His wife applied a load of buck to that one with a Stevens 311 which I now own. Before it came to be mine my brother had a similar experience via the survivors of that pack. He is left with impaired vision one the right and partial paralysis of the face. The rest of the pack came back to finish the job, thus getting a quick trip to doggie hell.

In any reasonable circumstance should those little monsters enter my domain they will die.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbor picked up the neighborhood stray pit down at the property he inherited from his mother, and brought it home to integrate with his "pack" of three. I told him there would be trouble, but of course he's a dog handling prodigy and I didn't know jackshit. Over the last couple of months there were scraps between the interloper pit and his original dogs (and they're pretty good dogs, too). After the first scrap I told him it would happen again but I still didn't know jackshit and he was still a dog handling prodigy with nothing to learn. Then the second scrap took place, and he decided the pit needed to go. His sister came and got her last weekend. I hope that doesn't lead to grief, but I'm glad I didn't have to kill that pit myself.

People who think they know everything sure can be irritating...a particularly to those of us who do. wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yep. Killed one in back yard sometime ago.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Igloo
Have seen propaganda here and there (especially social media and yes being there is a mistake) that shows the purported amount of bites by breed.

Small dogs are always first

Pit bulls are always last

Thats like saying more people are shot with a BB gun than a 30-06.

THIS

I can football kick a small dog and not fight for my life.

It's not even Igloo's full post. I see it was edited a few moments after his original but if you read his post, this is cherry picked and is completely out of context.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve only ever seen beagles pour out from under the trailer skirting of a doublewide.

You go to beatin on a tuna fish can with a spoon, best be hanging on to something firm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’ve only ever seen beagles pour out from under the trailer skirting of a doublewide.

You go to beatin on a tuna fish can with a spoon, best be hanging on to something firm.

I was riding my bicycle here one day. Four of them came running out from underneath this one and into the road. I got off my bike yelling at them and chased them back. The owners were sitting out front smoking Camels and drinking Miller. I told them that I was going to kill the dogs if it ever happened again. They looked at me kinda bewildered. I guess a crazy man in tights screaming at them caught them off guard. About that time a Harrison County deputy rolled down the road. I told him that I was going to kill the dogs if they ever did that again. He said "do what you gotta do."

This was 10 or 12 years ago. The vegetation in front has since grown up. It used to be a lot more open.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.6025282,-89.1902911,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sowtLXq1h1A7m09w7MuVHKA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

That is one ignorant post. Typical response from pit man.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm with ctsmith and a few others. Any pit bull that walks, schittttts, pissses, lays, hangs out, etc on my property for any reason will get his brains blown out, period. Most pit owners are the guys who got their lunch money stolen when they were young, or worthless 'hood thugs.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by slumlord

I was riding my bicycle here one day. I guess a crazy man in tights screaming at them caught them off guard.
lol

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
... Kill all those mo th erfu c kin g dogs and put the owner in jail. Take everything he has and give it to the people he harmed by keeping those mutts.

Unfortunately most are judgement proof. No job. No income. Rental apartment or Section 8 housing. If they have a vehicle worth more than $500, more than likely a secured lien against the title. Any home furnishings are filled with lice and bed bugs. Dealt with this on a regular basis for 15 years with ambulance billing. Can't squeeze blood out of a rock...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by bkraft
in my part of the world, any pit that's running loose is a target of opportunity.

In my part of the world, any DOG thats running loose is a target of opportunity! Farmers, ranchers, loggers and the county sheriff take care of most loose dogs! People who let their dogs run loose, should be fined heavily!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm with ctsmith and a few others. Any pit bull that walks, schittttts, pissses, lays, hangs out, etc on my property for any reason will get his brains blown out, period. Most pit owners are the guys who got their lunch money stolen when they were young, or worthless 'hood thugs.

Haha I love lt!!! 😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.