Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by barm
You have a cartridge which will work in an AR-15 or mini bolt action. It uses 6mm bullets which can range from 55 to 108 grains. The recoil energy is around 6 ft lb. It carries over 1000 ft/lb of energy past 400 yards. Plus it is being used by the military. A nice light weight, low recoil option for varmints/deer/pronghorn. I know I don't always like the new thing, but I kinda like this one.
.................Agreed! There are always going to be those who will say,,,"we already have enough",,,of either this or that every time something new is intro'd.......Fine! Then don't buy it if it is close to what you already have. But to discourage others from buying?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by adam32
So they "invented" a 6mm PPC?

Since when is the military using the Hornady version?

They didn’t invent anything but seem to be standardizing something. If that goes over your head maybe you should join the hunters campfire with the fella who yawns.

Yourself and Hornady called it a "new cartridge"...it's nothing new! It's a PPC with a new name and junk ass Hornady brass!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

They didn’t invent anything but seem to be standardizing something. If that goes over your head maybe you should join the hunters campfire with the fella who yawns.

Yourself and Hornady called it a "new cartridge"...it's nothing new! It's a PPC with a new name and junk ass Hornady brass!!!!

Adam are you saying it has the exact dimensions as a 6mm PPC?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
108gr eld-m in factory fodder?

Fits ar mags?

I’m all in.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K

I’m sure you’re mad at white cops too but it is new. Who offers off the shelf rifles and ammo in ppc? No doubt you do not like creedmoor cases smart phones gps or microwaves.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

Fits ar mags?

I’m all in.

Exactly. Many will like it many do not need it. Why in the world do a bunch of grumpy old Yankees feel the need to cry about it?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by smallfry

Adam are you saying it has the exact dimensions as a 6mm PPC?

Close enough that it's basically a PPC but enough different that Hornady can claim "they made it".

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

Fits ar mags?

I’m all in.

At 2700 fps?...YAWN!!!!!!!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd like one in a 700 personally

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Hey kaleb? Didn't realize you were in charge of everyone's OPINIONS. Pardon me for having one and for being in the wrong place apparently. Do I have permission to go elsewhere on the site?

I just don’t know why you want to be all negative and hateful about a new cartridge? If that is what floats your boat then have at it.

I hear they have hydraulic fluid now helping cars and trucks drive easier. I’m sure that wasn’t needed in the past either.

Hey did you used to be on the G&A Forum?

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

I’m sure you’re mad at white cops too but it is new. Who offers off the shelf rifles and ammo in ppc? No doubt you do not like creedmoor cases smart phones gps or microwaves.

Your reply makes no sense, please try harder with your insults.

Who buys off the shelf AR's except in .223? AR's are made to be built not bought. But maybe that's above your skill level so you're happy since you'll be able to buy a 6mm ARC at Walmart.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I apologize if you took that as an insult. I assure you I haven’t meant to insult anyone. I just don’t understand how gun people would be so against excellent new chamberings

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes loading a 223 escapes me. Please let’s get informed from those elderly and those that get to kill 2 deer a year in the state they live in without a wife.

Last edited by Kaleb; 06/03/20.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Filaman
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Hey kaleb? Didn't realize you were in charge of everyone's OPINIONS. Pardon me for having one and for being in the wrong place apparently. Do I have permission to go elsewhere on the site?

I just don’t know why you want to be all negative and hateful about a new cartridge? If that is what floats your boat then have at it.

I hear they have hydraulic fluid now helping cars and trucks drive easier. I’m sure that wasn’t needed in the past either.

Hey did you used to be on the G&A Forum?

No sir

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Few on the 24hrcf are happy, or even claim to be mildly interested, in any new cartridge.

Then again...there are some good bullets in 6mm. Hell, I bet some guys even want to use an AR to try them out! Why would I complain about it?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by barm
You have a cartridge which will work in an AR-15 or mini bolt action. It uses 6mm bullets which can range from 55 to 108 grains. The recoil energy is around 6 ft lb. It carries over 1000 ft/lb of energy past 400 yards. Plus it is being used by the military. A nice light weight, low recoil option for varmints/deer/pronghorn. I know I don't always like the new thing, but I kinda like this one.

Thank you. Why do these guys always have a hard on to piss and moan about something new? To the guy who mentioned the 6x45 how many guns are chambered for that setting on the shelf with ammo available? It’s like they have a club that has to bash anything new. I may never own one but I’m sure glad the companies are getting new and better things on the market for people who don’t build custom rifles and hand load.

Good post..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Few on the 24hrcf are happy, or even claim to be mildly interested, in any new cartridge.

After all, we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

You'll find out there's a lot of yawning mother fu ckers here. Most shoot 1/2 moa rifles too, but have the hardest time proving it. Stick around long enough, you'll see what I'm talking about. I like the new cartridge. Its going to boom and catch on like a sob, probably similar to the 6.5 creedmoor, maybe even more so. Put this in an AR15 and it's going to be exceptional. I'm like you and don't understand why guys have a hard on for every new cartridge to come out. At least this one has something to offer. In the AR platform, you get didly schidt for good choices in 6mm cartridges. Those that are good, are not standardized, so you are left to shoot a wildcat cartridge. Something in the neighborhood of the 6WOA, 6MM Hager, 6DTI, etc. etc. If you reload, its better, but try finding a good set of reloading dies for a cartridge like my 6WOA. Its not going to happen. And to the guy that thinks his 6x45 is just as good as this commercial cartridge, I'm fn rolling. Try finding loaded ammo for that sob. Corbon used to manufacture it, but it shows it as discontinued at midway and it was $46.00/box. I'll likely be buying a 6mm ARC soon, be sure to watch the black rifle thread in the AR and Tactical rifle forum here and I'll post how it actually shoots sub moa groups...I'll fu cking guarantee it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You'll find out there's a lot of yawning mother fu ckers here. Most shoot 1/2 moa rifles too, but have the hardest time proving it. Stick around long enough, you'll see what I'm talking about. I like the new cartridge. Its going to boom and catch on like a sob, probably similar to the 6.5 creedmoor, maybe even more so. Put this in an AR15 and it's going to be exceptional. I'm like you and don't understand why guys have a hard on for every new cartridge to come out. At least this one has something to offer. In the AR platform, you get didly schidt for good choices in 6mm cartridges. Those that are good, are not standardized, so you are left to shoot a wildcat cartridge. Something in the neighborhood of the 6WOA, 6MM Hager, 6DTI, etc. etc. If you reload, its better, but try finding a good set of reloading dies for a cartridge like my 6WOA. Its not going to happen. And to the guy that thinks his 6x45 is just as good as this commercial cartridge, I'm fn rolling. Try finding loaded ammo for that sob. Corbon used to manufacture it, but it shows it as discontinued at midway and it was $46.00/box. I'll likely be buying a 6mm ARC soon, be sure to watch the black rifle thread in the AR and Tactical rifle forum here and I'll post how it actually shoots sub moa groups...I'll fu cking guarantee it..

I like the cartridge but why is it always about your small groups?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a fun cartridge.

.22 ARC can't be far behind huh?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 19 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.