24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In his j’accuse, Mattis excoriates the president for setting Americans against one another.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

Whoa there big fella!

Let's get straight to those that want to divide. Which Party is the party of identity politics? Which Party attacked a duly elected President protesting even BEFORE he was sworn into office? Which Party weaponized the might of the US Intelligence community to go after an incoming President and before that the candidate? Which Party threatened for a year to hold sham impeachment hearings on the basis of falsely obtain FISA Court warrants and spurious dossiers, and then held the impeachment?

When it comes right down to which side is preventing America from uniting and actively keeping us divided it is the DEMOCRAT Party.

The laughable thing about all of this is that Trump is actually quite socially moderate, and always has been. Much more moderate than conservatives like. He might be against late term and partial birth abortions, but that is far more moderate than, let's say Pense is on the subject. Trump worked in NYC and Hollywood. LGBT stuff doesn't phase him. He could care less.

truth is, that if the Dems and moderates had played it straight up with Trump from the start instead of outright Resist! and Obstruct! with all their bullcrap, Trumps biggest critics would be from the Right and not the Left. As it is, the Left has galvanized the Right, energized them and given them a reason to be motivated and vote.

They are strategic idiots, as is the Nevertrumper Mattis. Mattis didn't get his way about Syria. BTW, how's things with ISIS right now? Oh, they're toast. How's Assad in Syria? Ain't heard a peep outta him in a couple of years. Trump - 2, Mattis - 0 on Syria.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
BP-B2

Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve: Laughable contention you have put forth - makes me wonder about YOU and your sanity!
Why on earth would YOU put forth such drivel without clarification (specifics!) on your opinion of said drivel???
Sheesh.
The quality of the citizens who frequent this site anymore is diminishing noticeably.
Sad that, as well.
Hold into the wind
Varmintguy

Whoa whoa whoa. All I did was truncate the headline. Where I think I need to add commentary I will. Do I need to set out a position statement when linking a breaking story?

Last edited by Steve; 06/03/20.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Smedley Butler squealed on the perps in the old deep state when they approached him with a planned coup.

He also wrote a book on the deep state of his time. I have a copy.

Yes he did!!!!!

Ol’ Gimlet Eye was a tough little bull dog

Didnt he win 2 medal of honor citations also????

YES !!!

I find no source that supports that.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
he's still pissed because Trump wouldn't let him play war games in the middle east

screw him.

The more people that come out against Trump with these grandiose statements the more I support him.

Yup. Just another warmongering, globulist PoS.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I really really hate these people. And I’m really really scared of what’s coming down the pike. If Trump loses in November, I think it will be open season on people like us. It’s going to be bad.

These people prove time and time again how vindictive they are.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mattis is a politician, obviously posturing for a future role. I am not surprised by this, disappointed , but not surprised.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All flag officers promoted between 2009-17 are there because they were signed off by Obama. By definition they’re all democrats or they would not have been promoted. They can kiss my a$$.

As a military veteran I am ashamed of what the military’s leadership has become.

Mattis is a swamp critter. I’m trying to figure a way not to ever pay taxes again, at least federal. We’re figuring it’s time to quit our jobs and go on the dole, at least for what food I can’t grow myself or barter for!

How about all white people who are not “woke” simply quit paying taxes to uncle sugar?

Would that get the attention of the white urban libtards who are joining in the rebellion?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And in that long tirade he unwittingly absolved Trump of any responsibility for the violence and the response to the violence.

"Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMHO, many of the Atlantic articles are anti American and left wing. I have never read the rag and do not plan to do so.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well stated, Hatari.

I agree.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Smedley Butler squealed on the perps in the old deep state when they approached him with a planned coup.

Yes he did!!!!!

YES !!!

I'm not sure or not if you're referring to the "win" part versus "being awarded" or "a recipient of"...when you say you can find no supporting source but plenty of websites mention the two medals being awarded to him. I don't believe anyone ever "wins" a medal, especially the Medal of Honor but I am not sure if that's what you're referring to or not..

It is common Marine knowledge; drilled into your head in basic training that Smedley Butler and Dan Daly are the only two Marines to be awarded the Medal of Honer twice, for separate actions. I believe they were good friends too. Dan Daly apparently was a crazy SOB at Belleau Wood.
I love that history. Good stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crshelton
IMHO, many of the Atlantic articles are anti American and left wing. I have never read the rag and do not plan to do so.

They do in depth pieces and veil their hatred for Trump better than most, but a balanced political piece has never spun off their printer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slowmover12
All flag officers promoted between 2009-17 are there because they were signed off by Obama. By definition they’re all democrats or they would not have been promoted.

Take note for today and the future when some Flag Officer pipe up and spits forth his political opinion. Many, many got the stars through political maneuvering.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Yes he did!!!!!

YES !!!

DD
Stuff all over the web about him
Book I have
History of the united states military 1607 to 2012 also mentions him

1 of 19 to receive it twice
He warned basically of the military industrial complex decades before Eisenhower.
He was labeled as antiwar for his opinons after retirement until his death.

MAJOR GENERAL
SMEDLEY D. BUTLER, USMC
(DECEASED)

Medal of Honor Citation - Vera Cruz                        Original General Order-Vera Cruz

Medal of Honor Citation - Haiti

Major General Smedley D. Butler, one of the most colorful officers in the Marine Corps' long history, was one of the two Marines who received two Medals of Honor for separate acts of outstanding heroism. 

He was not yet 20 when the citizens of his native West Chester, Pennsylvania, presented him with a sword on his return from the Boxer Rebellion in China. Some 50 years later that trophy was presented to the Marine Corps for permanent custody.

Smedley Darlington Butler, later known to thousands of Marines as "Ol' Gimlet Eye," was born 30 July 1881. He was the son of Thomas S. Butler, a Representative in Congress from the Delaware-Chester County district of Pennsylvania for over three decades and a longtime chairman of the House Naval Affairs Committee. He was still in his teens when, on 20 May 1898, he was appointed a second lieutenant in the Marine Corps during the Spanish-American War.  

Following a brief period of instruction at Washington, D.C., he served with the Marine Battalion, North Atlantic Squadron, until 11 February 1899, when he was ordered home and honorably discharged on 16 February 1899.

He was commissioned a first lieutenant in the Marine Corps on 8 April 1899; promoted to captain, 23 July 1900; to major, 13 May 1908; to lieutenant colonel, 1 August 1916; to colonel (temporary), 1 July 1918; to brigadier general (temporary), 7 October 1918; to colonel (permanent), 9 March 1919; to brigadier general (permanent), 4 June 1920; and to major general, 5 July 1929.

In April 1899, 1stLt Butler was assigned to duty with the Marine Battalion at Manila, Philippine Islands. From 14 June to October 1900, he served with distinction in China, and was promoted to captain by brevet for distinguished conduct and public service in the presence of the enemy near Tientsin, China. He was wounded in that battle on 13 July 1900.

Returning to the United States in January 1901, he served at various posts within the continental limits and on several ships. He also served ashore in Puerto Rico and the Isthmus of Panama for short periods. In December 1909, he commanded the 3d Battalion, 1st Regiment on the Isthmus of Panama. He was temporarily detached to command an expeditionary battalion organized for service in Nicaragua, 11 August 1912, in which capacity he participated in the bombardment, assault and capture of Coyotepe, 12-31 October. He remained on duty in Nicaragua until November 1912, when he rejoined the Marines at Camp Elliott, Panama.

His first Medal of Honor was presented following action at Vera Cruz, Mexico, 21-22 April 1914, where he commanded the Marines who landed and occupied the city. Maj Butler "was eminent and conspicuous in command of his Battalion. He exhibited courage and skill in leading his men through the action of the 22nd and in the final occupation of the city."

The following year, he was awarded the second Medal of Honor for bravery and forceful leadership as Commanding Officer of detachments of Marines and seamen of the USS Connecticut in repulsing Caco resistance on Fort Riviere, Haiti, 17 November 1915.

During World War I, he commanded the 13th Regiment in France. For exceptionally meritorious service, he was awarded the Army Distinguished Service Medal, the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, and the French Order of the Black Star. When he returned to the United States in 1919, he became Commanding General of the Marine Barracks, Quantico, Virginia, and served in this capacity until January 1924, when he was granted leave of absence to accept the post of Director of Public Safety of the City of Philadelphia. In February 1926, he assumed command of the Marine Corps Base at San Diego, California. In March 1927, he returned to China for duty with the 3d Marine Brigade. From April to 31 October he again commanded the Marine Barracks at Quantico. On 1 October 1931, he was retired upon his own application after completion of 33 years' service in the Marine Corps. 

Major General Butler died at the Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, on 21 June 1940, following a four-week illness.  

The USS Butler, a destroyer, later converted to a high speed minesweeper, was named for MajGen Butler in 1942. This vessel participated in the European and Pacific theaters of operations during the second World War. 

Vera Cruz 1914 Medal of Honor

Haitian Campaign 1915 Medal of Honor

Last edited by renegade50; 06/03/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I realize he was well decorated, show me something that says 2 MOH awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mattis

WIKI sez none.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Mattis is disgracing himself. Sad.

It really is sad to watch such a great military man disgrace himself in such a way. Civilian life is hard for some.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
DD
What you quoted all us on was related to smedly butler.
Not gen mattis.
????

Last edited by renegade50; 06/03/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mattis is still pizzed at President Trump for putting a stop to the Middle Eastern war waging and pulling out of Syria against his wishes. Simply a spurned war monger with an axe to grind.

Last edited by marktheshark; 06/03/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I realize he was well decorated, show me something that says 2 MOH awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mattis

WIKI sez none.

We're on two different pages, as is Renegede.
We were referring to Smedley Butler, not Gen Mattis.

Miscommunication I guess.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not only is Mattis part of a swamp ambush. It is timed and orchestrated for maximum effect in a couple of ways. First, Trump appears vulnerable because he has so much on his plate right now. Also, if enough high profile types who have been keeping their powder dry, do so in a choreographed fashion it runs the potential of gaslighting enough voters into thinking they are witnessing a real downfall of the POTUS. Wind it up guys, now is the time. Don't allow snooty megasyllabic name calling by arrogant a-holes like george will reinforce this ambush.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 76 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,589
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.