Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good grief.

Doubtful that a heel biter did that.

Sobering pic.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

I'll be blunt now You missed the point entirely....life with animals is dangerous at times. You Nancy ass bastards that advocate killing every class of animal (snake - dog etc) that scares you need to grow up or just stay on the porch in your safe zone. I've killed more stray dogs than most of you Nancy asses could even dream possible Pitts included ….

I know soldiers starting with my father who was in the 101 in WW2.

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

Dogs can be dangerous.

There are very few people on the Campfire any more that aren't pussies....

I saddle my own horses and skotch my own snakes and most of you boys could not keep up with me on my worst day.

If I was riding a bicycle and could not keep a dog from biting me I would hang my head and scuff my toe in the dirt...stay on the porch...

There is a reason why most of the good folks have left this place and the pansy asses on this thread are a prime example why.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

I'll be blunt now You missed the point entirely....life with animals is dangerous at times. You Nancy ass bastards that advocate killing every class of animal (snake - dog etc) that scares you need to grow up or just stay on the porch in your safe zone. I've killed more stray dogs than most of you Nancy asses could even dream possible Pitts included ….

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

Dogs can be dangerous.

I saddle my own horses and skotch my own snakes and most of you boys could not keep up with me on my worst day.

If I was riding a bicycle and could not keep a dog from biting me I would hang my head and scuff my toe in the dirt...stay on the porch...

There is a reason why most of the good folks have left this place and the pansy asses on this thread are a prime example why.

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all afraid of them. I have seen what they do to others and the comparative frequency with which they do it and asked myself why? Why would anyone choose this breed over other breeds that don't have the history of eating babies faces and attacking the elderly. The pit does literally nothing that more tractable breed can't offer. Unless... In the many reports of pit attacks on people, it's rare they attack adult males in their prime. They are a coward breed. I will fuucckk one up quick.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Fool.

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

Dogs can be dangerous.

Okie, the discussion here is on pit bulls, peoples experiences with them, good and bad, as well as what the history of this specific breed has shown itself to be.

Any way that you cut it, their potential for destruction has been demonstrated over and over again. You can’t deny that, no one can.

There’s more than a few of us here at The Campfire who are all too well aware of the dangers in handling livestock having done it for years.

I disagree that “most “ of the good folks have left The Campfire. People come and go of their own free will except for those occasionally banned.

Ymmv.

The Tootster.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Fool.

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

And Okie is stupid.

Cattle and horses don't bust out of their fences and attack and maim little girls, you pervert.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Fool.

Cattle are dangerous.

Horses are dangerous.

And Okie is stupid.

Cattle and horses don't bust out of their fences and attack and maim little girls, you pervert.

Okie ain't stupid.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That little girl will never be made whole again. Plastic surgery isn't that good. No man will ever love her. Friends will shun her. A happy life and worthwhile career will elude her. She has been sentenced to a life of misery. And pain.

The owner of the dog that did that should be sentenced to life in prison for attempted murder. The owner, not the dog.

We need a law to punish the owners of dangerous animals for the evil they do, just as if the owners had done it themselves with malice aforethought. Call it Kaylie's law.

Better yet, require all dogs to be DNA tested. 10% or higher pit bull and the dog is taken and euthanized.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men?..

Spandex boy desperately needs an education
in the real world >>

Originally Posted by Seafire
Saw that crap back in the 70s working in a military hospital, Major Medical Center...
from the ER to Labor and Delivery, to OR and Recovery Room and ICU...

the higher the rank the more they got away with it...

yet also saw the same thing, with white soldiers who had foreign wives that barely spoke English...

those from Germany to from Korea, Japan etc...

put a Captain thru a wall for beating his 3 month old Baby, when I rotated thru Peds..

Pull an infantry Colonel off his wife, while she was in the ICU, started beating her, because she was in ICU because she came in after he had beaten her.. again.. Army's solution?/ Transfer them to another base...

pulled a Black E8 off of beating his blonde German wife, right in Labor and Delivery.. when the baby was born, it wasn't black enough for him, so he started beating on her, thinking that she'd been having an affair with a white guy....

That Captain I put thru the wall to stop him from beating on a 3 month old baby after beating his wife in the Pediatric Ward?.... his son who had some congential defect, the poor baby was in the Peds Ward for another 3 months...broke the kid's arm, shoulder, and leg...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Greg, you know Okie? Sounds like a blowhard to me. Funny how everything is about him. Its not about me, its about my mom, wife, and daughters. I don't think any cows or horses will be posing a threat to them anytime soon, so the cows and horses can live. But a pit is a dead ass. Got to admit that there will be blood in my eyes, I hate a pit.

Originally Posted by GregW

Okie ain't stupid.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okie has the right of it. The kung flu panic showed is how lilly livered folks truly are nowadys.

The "kill all X critters" is just another sign of pathetic cowardice.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Seems like there are no bad dogs....only poorly trained dogs.

Unless they are a rescue.

LOL

Agreed on the rescues. But I hate most any dog.

Generally.

Interesting. My take is most dogs are better than most supposed human beings.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all afraid of them. I have seen what they do to others and the comparative frequency with which they do it and asked myself why? Why would anyone choose this breed over other breeds that don't have the history of eating babies faces and attacking the elderly. The pit does literally nothing that more tractable breed can't offer. Unless... In the many reports of pit attacks on people, it's rare they attack adult males in their prime. They are a coward breed. I will fuucckk one up quick.

Children run and scurry. Children make high pitched sounds. These are prey signals. Reactions to them may be a bit more automatic than cowardly (compared to an adult man who holds himself confidently vs one that shrinks back). I know what you mean though!

Just like a big ol' bass ignores healthy minnows when he's full and lazy, show him one thats hurt...Elderly may also have some kind of vulnerability that is evident and trigger an attack, but I am not sure what. But with children, theres a reason the "young animal in distress" call is a high pitched whine that brins the predators in running when you are hunting them.

Cats have learned this and meow at people in tones approximating babies because it makes some people respond by taking care of them. They don't use those tones/sounds interacting with each other. (When I say "learned" i mean in the 7000 year evolutionary sense the ones that do have fared better than those that don't and it was selective, not that individual cats see a crying baby receive food and say "damn, that creature is on to something!")

Not that some breeds don't have as much aggression or instinct on average, mind. But when you have one that is bred to attack and kill schit, as you pointed out...

(And of course plasticity in individual personalities but...)

Last edited by Igloo; 06/04/20.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jfruser
Okie has the right of it. The kung flu panic showed is how lilly livered folks truly are nowadys.

It's an even better sign to the "critter owner" to keep his stuff off of other people's private property.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Seems like there are no bad dogs....only poorly trained dogs.

Unless they are a rescue.

LOL

Agreed on the rescues. But I hate most any dog.

Generally.

Interesting. My take is most dogs are better than most supposed human beings.

and come to think of it some of our best dogs have been rescue dogs. current dog is rescue dog. best deer trailing dog we've ever had.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jfruser

It's an even better sign to the "critter owner" to keep his stuff off of other people's private property.

totally agree on the keep all stuff off others property. but just like kids, sometimes chit happens. Even when trying the best. Kids can be stupid but generally aren't shot on sight. Same with dogs.

SO if a kid wonders onto private property where a dog is and gets attacked, still the dogs fault? Just thinking out loud here. I'd think thats the parents/kids fault for trespassing. Not that it changes the outcome.

We consider our dogs our children and I"d hate to have to deal with issues, but it can happen.

But I despise idiots that shoot on sight any animal. Its just not called for.

That said most pits are raised by damn fools that have no business with a dog as they want the dog to be mean and aggressive. And the owners should be the ones shot IMHO.

And for those mumbling under their breath, yes I've shot wild dogs and I will probably have to again. But we do it on a case by case basis. Have to shoot cats now and then same goes for them. Just like coyotes/fox/coons etc... none of them have a shoot on sight order from us. Thats about the dumbest thing around.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's a stupid analogy rost, as that's nowhere near what the post is about now is it? Stray kids vs stray pit bulls? Quite a stretch, and I haven't read one post on this thead where someone made the claim that if a pit bull or any other dog is on his own property and bites someone it should be shot. Maybe you can point out where we al missed it. Pit bulls are a worthless breed, and it's apparent what's dumb to you is not too dumb to lots of folks regarding this subject.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I tolerate strangers to minor degree when they show up at my door. Bulldogs die on the spot.

I’ve had 3 encounters with dogs that resulted in gunfire, I sure hate to kill someone’s dog but the only one I had to kill was a bulldog. He kept coming and gunfire didn’t scare him off until it killed him.
The other two times the dogs were scared off by warning shots.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495

and come to think of it some of our best dogs have been rescue dogs. current dog is rescue dog. best deer trailing dog we've ever had.

Your idea of a good dog is likely much different than my idea of a good dog.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I tolerate strangers to minor degree when they show up at my door. Bulldogs die on the spot.

I’ve had 3 encounters with dogs that resulted in gunfire, I sure hate to kill someone’s dog but the only one I had to kill was a bulldog. He kept coming and gunfire didn’t scare him off until it killed him.
The other two times the dogs were scared off by warning shots.

If you guys have English Bulldogs walking up to your house please call me.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.