Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
For all you that jumped to judgement on the Floyd case, you might want to reassess. Both cases big strong guys on meth with heart issues resisting arrest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/manuel...e-custody-ruled-homicide-i-cant-breathe/

"...The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office determined that Ellis died of respiratory arrest due to hypoxia due to physical restraint, The News Tribune reported. Contributing factors included methamphetamine intoxication and dilated cardiomyopathy, commonly known as an enlarged heart. The Medical Examiner also ruled Ellis' death a homicide..."

"..reports a 12-minute police radio recording taken the night of Ellis' death gives a glimpse into his encounter with officers. Police can be heard calling for an ambulance and telling dispatchers Ellis will need to be strapped down.."

"..At one point, Ellis can be heard saying, "I can't breathe."

Tacoma police said they cannot comment on the recording because the case is still an active investigation.

"The harshest of realities is George Floyd is right here in Tacoma, and his name is Manny," attorney James Bible, who is representing Ellis' family, told the newspaper.

KIRO-TV reported at the time of his March 3 death, officials said Ellis appeared to be suffering from excited delirium, which often includes attempts at violence, unexpected strength and very high body temperature. They said that might have explained why Ellis allegedly banged on a patrol car and attacked two officers trying to calm him down."

"There are similarities in the deaths of Ellis and Floyd, who died in Minneapolis last week after a white police officer pressed his knee into Floyd's neck for nearly nine minutes.

On the night Ellis died, police encountered him at 11:22 p.m. as he was walking home, harassing a woman at an intersection, police said. When two officers in the area asked what he was doing, police say Ellis said he had warrants and wanted to talk to them, police said.

Then he repeatedly struck their patrol car, police said. The two officers inside called for backup then got out of the car.

"He picked up the officer by his vest and slam-dunked him on the ground," said Ed Troyer, spokesman of the Pierce County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the incident.

There was a struggle before police got Ellis handcuffed on the ground and officers called for paramedics at 11:25 p.m.

Within a minute of firefighters arriving, Ellis stopped breathing and lost consciousness. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

His cause of death was initially listed as pending while medical examiners ran toxicology tests.

This week, Tacoma police identified the four officers involved in restraining Ellis as Christopher Burbank, Matthew Collins, Masyih Ford and Timothy Rankine.

Burbank and Collins are white while Ford is black and Rankine is Asian. All four were placed on paid administrative leave after the incident. They since have returned to duty.

Police Chief Don Ramsdell said he is awaiting investigators' final report on Ellis' death. The case is expected to be forwarded to the Pierce County Prosecutor's Office by next week."

As to the knee on the neck, I had my wife do the same thing to me as a little stay at home experiment. She was able to put most of her wt.(138lbs) on my neck while I was in the same position as G. Floyd (No, I'm not a big guy, 165lbs sopping wet) but more than enough wt. to cut off any blood supply or air needed to sustain life. Yeah, it was uncomfortable, but in no way did it block off my airway or pinched off blood to my head. What was apparent was how much control she had over me trying to get up or move around so I can see why it would be used on individuals trying to hurt arresting officers or themselves who are high on meth and/or suffering from excited delirium.

Other than trained surface divers 99% of the population can't go for more than 3-4min with out air before lights out and that's with no air moving into the lungs. Floyd was talking and breathing the entire time he was being restrained until he passed out.

This whole f'ing episode is ripping our country apart and all based on a lie.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBTCO
This whole f'ing episode is ripping our country apart and all based on a lie.

The left will try and keep the lie alive as they think it buys them votes.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the new "Hands up, don't Shoot"
a la Trevon Martin

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Another example of dirty cowardly cops. Too bad 700 H and Johnn werent t there to document the murder or just gently arrest the poor gentleman themselves

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KIRO-TV reported at the time of his March 3 death, officials said Ellis appeared to be suffering from excited delirium, which often includes attempts at violence, unexpected strength and very high body temperature. They said that might have explained why Ellis allegedly banged on a patrol car and attacked two officers trying to calm him down."

That's exactly what Chauvin gave as a reason to not let Floyd get up:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6933246/Derek-Chauvin-Complaint.pdf

The officers said, “You are talking fine” to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked,
“should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.”

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As to the knee on the neck

Since all this kicked off I’ve seen dozens of photos of police from all over the world in exactly the same position: a knee on the neck of an arrestee.

It’s almost like they’ve all been trained in the best way yet devised to control a resisting subject, and they are performing it thousands of times a day every day everywhere and it works out for the best for all involved 99.999% of the time.

S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Since all this kicked off I’ve seen dozens of photos of police from all over the world in exactly the same position: a knee on the neck of an arrestee.

It’s almost like they’ve all been trained in the best way yet devised to control a resisting subject, and they are performing it thousands of times a day every day everywhere and it works out for the best for all involved 99.999% of the time.

I know, go figure !?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Snyper

The officers said, “You are talking fine” to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked,
“should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.”

Which goes along with what I've been saying for days, they called the ambulance long before Floyd passed out.....almost like they were trying to keep Floyd from hurting himself the selfish bastaards!

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Nobody heard of ankle cuffs, then another cuff linking the ankles and wrists?
Cuff them like that, and then back off. They will tire out in a while

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

I know, go figure !?

They have been trained to use this as a restraint hold for decades while cuffing. Funny huh? Who approved that?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
Nobody heard of ankle cuffs, then another cuff linking the ankles and wrists?
Cuff them like that, and then back off. They will tire out in a while

do departments issue patrol officer ankle cuffs? Where and how will they carry them on their duty belt? They're big and heavy btw.

S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ribka

I know, go figure !?

They have been trained to use this as a restraint hold for decades while cuffing. Funny huh? Who approved that?

The Blue Gestapo, they're very good at hiding the bodies.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a knee on the neck of an arrestee.

It’s almost like they’ve all been trained in the best way yet devised to control a resisting subject

Same way we'd hold down a 300 pound steer for branding

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have never personally experienced a person with excited delirium. Nearly everything I have read about it uses this kind of language "extreme agitation and aggression." Mr Floyd, while he did resist, didn't resist with force. He was non-violent. I can vaguely remember training on excited delirium. I did a little refresher. It doesn't seem Floyd really had any of the symptoms other than showing some level of impairment.

That none of the officers showed any concern when a pulse couldn't be found on Mr. Floyd is pretty sickening to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
a la Trevon Martin Michael Brown, "the gentle giant"

FIFY wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I have never personally experienced a person with excited delirium. Nearly everything I have read about it uses this kind of language "extreme agitation and aggression." Mr Floyd, while he did resist, didn't resist with force. He was non-violent. I can vaguely remember training on excited delirium. I did a little refresher. It doesn't seem Floyd really had any of the symptoms other than showing some level of impairment.

That none of the officers showed any concern when a pulse couldn't be found on Mr. Floyd is pretty sickening to me.

I've not participated in law enforcement but have had enough conversations with members to see the importance of developing a pretty thick skin and business as usual attitude in order to deal with the daily grind LEO put up with.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Damn, back in the bike lane for you. Watch a couple min of video and you're an expert witness.

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
a la Trevon Martin

That was St. Michael Brown, the Gentle Giant, not little Trayvon Martin.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Try and detain and put cuffs on a 85 lb female on meth, crack or pcp. Betcha you would not be able to do it without getting hurt.

Now try it with a 6'7" 280 lber .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More erosion of the Narrative.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.