Print Thread
Hop To
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I'm looking to go in the next 3 weeks during the week, preferably between Huston and Dallas within a couple hours.

Any reccomendations?

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
There has got to be someone doing hunts. Plenty hogs in that area. Lots in Polk county.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know where Hitson is (was), but where is "Huston"?

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Brazos
I know where Hitson is (was), but where is "Huston"?
In Taxas..

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
WRO shoot me a PM I can maybe hook you up.

IC B2

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I did,

You can also email me at willametteriveroutlawgmail.com

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Anymore recommendations? Just to clarify, I have no problem paying an outfitter or guide.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Look on some of the Taxas Hunting forums. There are a lot of listing but also a lot of scams or canned hunts so be careful. Also Huston and Dallas are 250 miles apart so you might want to narrow it down some. I would pick a Hill Country location as it is more scenic. The Helio operations are mostly near the coast as the country is more open and their is a void in the Helicopter market for petrochemical surveying and staff transport currently. Check these out carefully too as several have been fined for shooting on properties with out permission and the clients get popped too.

A call to some of the rural chambers of commerce can pan out and even better look up the regional game warden as they know where the problem areas are and the scammers.

There is a Hog Dog competition in Halletsville Tx. and also a hog breeder (as if we didn't have enough already) who might have information on hunts.

I see listings in the paper and on Craigslist but Caveat Emptor. But you could do an in search of listing and then be really thorough in checking out the responses.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Tejano
Look on some of the Taxas Hunting forums. There are a lot of listing but also a lot of scams or canned hunts so be careful. Also Huston and Dallas are 250 miles apart so you might want to narrow it down some. I would pick a Hill Country location as it is more scenic. The Helio operations are mostly near the coast as the country is more open and their is a void in the Helicopter market for petrochemical surveying and staff transport currently. Check these out carefully too as several have been fined for shooting on properties with out permission and the clients get popped too.

A call to some of the rural chambers of commerce can pan out and even better look up the regional game warden as they know where the problem areas are and the scammers.

There is a Hog Dog competition in Halletsville Tx. and also a hog breeder (as if we didn't have enough already) who might have information on hunts.

I see listings in the paper and on Craigslist but Caveat Emptor. But you could do an in search of listing and then be really thorough in checking out the responses.

I have projects going in both Houston and dallas and have to travel in between them.

I'd like find a personal recommendation, I've seen way to many bad operators.

IC B3

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Any more reccomendations? I want to go next week.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by WRO
Any more reccomendations? I want to go next week.

I can set you up down here but I need a couple of months.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,619 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,201
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.