Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Catheters and such. Unless you're an EMT or paramedic, WTF you gonna do with all that s hit?

Trade it for a tricked out AR.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys all into your AR15s.....pffft

Just got email notice today that my AR14 lower shipped from PSA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those who do not know how to accessorize their AR-15s, here is the way to make then extremely effective.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

For the last few years you could buy ARs at prices that have not been seen in a decade. Amazingly low, yet people still did not buy, same with ammo.

Now people cannot get the rifle or handgun they want, and are surprised.

Here is a suggestion for TODAY. Put some food away. A few months worth would be very smart. things can get MUCH worse than they are. This is nothing.

I have seen bad. I have seen what a country looks like that is torn apart by factional violence. When people can't get food, and the government is ineffective/unable/unwilling to help.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you have a rifle and a bunch of mags, but don't have a trauma kit with a bunch of blood stoppers, then you are doing things wrong.

BTW, I would rather have a good .22 rifle with ammo and a great trauma/first aid kit, than a tricked out AR and no med gear.

Everybody on the fire has been talking about all the shooting they will do, but nobody has mentioned what will happen if they, or a loved one catches a bullet. What happens when the hospitals are overwhelmed with casualties and your kid has to wait an hour or 3 before a surgeon will get to them? You might want to plan for that now instead of getting that 5th handgun.

Gauze, blood stoppers, dressings, etc are a lot more important than your 15th AR magazine.

Where did I copy this from... 🤔

14 gauge 3.5" catheters. Shorter catheters have sometimes been known to fail to penetrate into the chest cavity.

Hemcon bandages. Like I said earlier,they can be easily cut by med shears, folded and stuffed into large wounds, where they absorb blood/swell up, to stop/slow down hemorrhaging.

Green packages at 1 o'clock are Israeli multi purpose bandages.

2nd row.

Compressed sterile gauze x3.

nasopharyngeal tube/ AKA nasal trumpet. I don't carry lube for it. In a crisis, the reality is that you can use the victims spit or blood for lube.

Asherman chest seals x2. (occluded dressing). These get wet with blood and can fail so multiples are a good idea.

The rest.

CAT tourniquet, multiples are better.

Med shears.

tape for securing catheter(s).

small white card is a "9 Line" card for calling in a medevac.

cauterizing pen.

Reading these post have cost me some coin. I've got a RR Varminter, a little heavy for working around my house and subdivision. That's all gonna change when the brown truck pays a visit in the next couple of days.

Catheters and such. Unless you're an EMT or paramedic, WTF you gonna do with all that s hit?

It's a list of items that Mackay suggested for a first aid kit quite a while back. I've got two RNs living next door to me that would be my first call should the need arise.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

For the last few years you could buy ARs at prices that have not been seen in a decade. Amazingly low, yet people still did not buy, same with ammo.

Here is a suggestion for TODAY. Put some food away. A few months worth would be very smart. things can get MUCH worse than they are. This is nothing.

I have seen bad. I have seen what a country looks like that is torn apart by factional violence. When people can't get food, and the government is ineffective/unable/unwilling to help.

If you have a rifle and a bunch of mags, but don't have a trauma kit with a bunch of blood stoppers, then you are doing things wrong.

BTW, I would rather have a good .22 rifle with ammo and a great trauma/first aid kit, than a tricked out AR and no med gear.

Everybody on the fire has been talking about all the shooting they will do, but nobody has mentioned what will happen if they, or a loved one catches a bullet. What happens when the hospitals are overwhelmed with casualties and your kid has to wait an hour or 3 before a surgeon will get to them? You might want to plan for that now instead of getting that 5th handgun.

Gauze, blood stoppers, dressings, etc are a lot more important than your 15th AR magazine.

14 gauge 3.5" catheters. Shorter catheters have sometimes been known to fail to penetrate into the chest cavity.

Hemcon bandages. Like I said earlier,they can be easily cut by med shears, folded and stuffed into large wounds, where they absorb blood/swell up, to stop/slow down hemorrhaging.

2nd row.

nasopharyngeal tube/ AKA nasal trumpet. I don't carry lube for it. In a crisis, the reality is that you can use the victims spit or blood for lube.

Asherman chest seals x2. (occluded dressing). These get wet with blood and can fail so multiples are a good idea.

The rest.

Med shears.

cauterizing pen.

Reading these post have cost me some coin. I've got a RR Varminter, a little heavy for working around my house and subdivision. That's all gonna change when the brown truck pays a visit in the next couple of days.

Ride the top curve of the 3rd rib below the clavicle to releive a collasped lung.
Or go thru the side ribs above diaphragm to releive one also.
Situation and location of wound if how it happened depending .

Last edited by renegade50; 06/05/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had to put a chest tube in an 8 year old Palestinian boy that was hit by a car. He had a hemo thorax of his left lung and I was volunteering as a nursing student at a hospital.

I don't know where the Drs were but the nurses came and got me and told me I had to do it fast or he would die. They weren't allowed to do it or they'd loose their job so they figured they would blame it on the dumb american student.

They showed me where to cut with the scalpel and gave me this giant metal t handle thing with the tube in it. It was a terrible feeling as it popped going between the ribs. I fed the tube in a bit until they told me to stop. Then they brought out what I swear was three mason jars glued to a board with the tubes running from top to top and plugged it into suction. The first jar started filling with blood and the kid started breathing better.

Bb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Dogfaced Pony Soldier! (Those lowers crack me up!)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...r-preorder-item-8-10-weeks-delivery.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Full semi-auto?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

2nd row.

The rest.

Med shears.

cauterizing pen.

Nothing if you don't know what you are doing.

However, for people who do, like all the people who have been trained in TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care), 3.5" catheters are used to treat tension pneumothorax wounds. AKA sucking chest wounds. In other words, when you get shot in the chest, and your lungs begin to collapse.

Air enters the chest cavity, outside the lung but does not escape. As more air accumulates inside the chest, but outside of the actual lung, it creates increased pressure, which interferes with both heart and uninjured lung function. When properly used, the catheter will release the air pressure from the chest cavity, and save the life of the person who has been shot.

That beats standing there saying "hang on buddy" and other worthless feel good crap.

You don't need to be a paramedic, but you do need to know what you are doing.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Recently my G/daughter was here from WY...

Wife needed an item from our 'Merc'

The basement storage room for food/sundries/paper products & yes ammo

G/daughter asks 'Do you have to pay for things you take from here?'

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bluefish
So, to get into an AR style rifle is there a "basic" style or offering? How about for us southpaws?

Stag makes LH.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Local shop is swamped with first time buyers, and “reformed” new gun owners - the majority are buying an AR, or at least a mid-grade handgun.

First time buyers are generally the younger folks that are still tightly managing a budget, and want a firearm.

The “reformed” are mostly older, and hadn’t believed they needed one before now...

I walked away from the M16a1 in 1983 and never did really feel like I wanted to own one. I don't consider them to be the "fun" side of shooting. I do recognize the utility of the platform and, while I don't think I'll need that kind of utility, I'm not the kind to ever say never.

I bought Rock River lower from a guy I work with. He and some others did a group buy a few years ago. It's been waiting in my closet for a good while now.
Last week I followed one of Bristoe's links and found this. J&T Upper

After a couple days shipping delays it arrived yesterday. I'll work it up and shake it out...

Youngest kid is loading mags as I type this

Report to follow...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by tikkanut

That's funny. smile

I might be inclined to tell her "Yes, you need to help Grandma bake Grandpa cookies!"

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Local shop is swamped with first time buyers, and “reformed” new gun owners - the majority are buying an AR, or at least a mid-grade handgun.

First time buyers are generally the younger folks that are still tightly managing a budget, and want a firearm.

The “reformed” are mostly older, and hadn’t believed they needed one before now...

I walked away from the M16a1 in 1983 and never did really feel like I wanted to own one. I don't consider them to be the "fun" side of shooting. I do recognize the utility of the platform and, while I don't think I'll need that kind of utility, I'm not the kind to ever say never.

I bought Rock River lower from a guy I work with. He and some others did a group buy a few years ago. It's been waiting in my closet for a good while now.

After a couple days shipping delays it arrived yesterday. I'll work it up and shake it out...

Report to follow...

It was 1981 for me, I didn't think I needed, or wanted an AR, until that harpy Pelosi became Speaker again in 2018. I decided I needed an AR then, just to stick it in Nancy's eye. The Rural King was running a sale on DPMS Oracles, so I rode over and bought one, and a few magazines. It works, shoots reasonably well, and was cheap. And the Dems hate them, all the reason a feller really needs to buy one.
No one seems to like the Oracles on AR.com, but mine has been pretty good. It works, and shoots pretty good. It'll do.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mines got a 60 round Pmag drum in it. A SAW of sorts 😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Merc, short for Tikkanut's Mercantile?

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
"A good stock of antibiotics is important "

I couldn't agree more, but different ones work for different problems, & knowing what to administer could been learned on the net possibly.

But the big question is, how to obtain a supply? Seems I recall reading about suggestions, one being veterinary?

An AR shortage? not seeing anything like it was during Obammy, as anything would bring a grand then. Now I still see some on Armslist at just slightly elevated prices.Maybe I should keep my ear to wall though as I have at least 2, maybe 3 that I don't need. blush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
Mines got a 60 round Pmag drum in it. A SAW of sorts 😂

I'm sitting here thinking about one of those.

I like the 10-rounders for shooting at the range and want to get a couple more, one of those drums would fill out the order quite nicely.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

2nd row.

The rest.

Med shears.

cauterizing pen.

It ain't enough to just be able to make holes.

You also have to be able to stop them and plug them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

Report to follow...

Ok... My kid and I put a couple hundred rounds through it. Function is great. Trigger kinda sucks.

Yesterday I went to the local fun store and bought the only rear sight available on short notice. It's a folding polymer/plastic bodied aperture from mag-pul. I will put a fixed metal bodied sight on it soon.

Accuracy is OK... Sorta... Maybe the pencil barrel heating up, or maybe that flip up sight shifts, but after a couple or three rounds groups open way up.

This is at 100 yards.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44mc, 7887mm08, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 12 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.