Print Thread
Hop To
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I just ordered a new set of tires for my truck. The size needed is 285/R60-20E. I went with the Continental Terrain Contact H/T
These are OEM on the new HD Fords. I am interested in any comments on them.

https://www.continentaltire.com/product/terraincontact-ht-lt-27565-r-20-126s/?

GB1

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Would it help if I said they were for my Prius?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NO.

Why debate what you already purchased.

My .2 cents.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
NO.

My .2 cents.

To find out more information about the tires, DH

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
They should be quiet and last a lot of miles.

My '11 F-250 came with Continental something, Conti-Trac TR maybe? I got quite a few miles out of them. @ 1/2 tread they really sucked on wet surfaces (hydroplaned easily) and they were never worth a darn on snow/ice. Often when running in even light rain @ highway speeds, if there was any little puddle they'd hydroplane enough to kick the cruise off. They were great for running down the highway in the summer towing the boat. Quiet, didn't throw rocks, 1.5-2MPG better than any of the AT's I've had on the truck ever since.

My '11 has ~165K Mi. I've had a 2nd set of rims/tires since it was new. I ran the Continentals almost down to the wear bars as they were "summer only". I had Nitto Trail Grapplers that had excellent traction off-road but sucked in cold ice/packed snow, I gave them to a friend @ about 1/2 tread. BF Goodrich ATKO 2's that I ran almost down to the wear bars with no complaints. Nitto Terra Grappler that I have mounted as "summer tires" are "OK". Lastly, and bestly I have a set of Nitto Exo-Grapplers that are IMO the best tire I've had on a diesel pickup. This spring I was down under 1/2 tread so I"ll run them the rest of the summer to get the rest of my use out of them and replace w/the same thing in Oct/Nov. Their traction is excellent in ice/snow, mud, gravel, and I haven't noticeably hydroplaned them yet. They're also the most stable with or without a load due to the 3rd sidewall ply/belt.

On my previous '06 I also had BFG Long Trail (discontinued), Goodyear DuraTrac (horrid on HD pickup, very soft sidewalls), and BFG KO (original, no complaints). My comparison's are drawn from 2 pickups, ~250K Mi and 8 sets of tires between them. Take it for what it's worth.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I buy more by tire model for vehicle than by brand- however- I never heard anyone say anything but positive things about continentals and I just put a pair on my Infiniti G37. Dad had them on moms car and said it is all he would buy anymore.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by horse1

My '11 F-250 came with Continental something, Conti-Trac TR maybe? I got quite a few miles out of them. @ 1/2 tread they really sucked on wet surfaces (hydroplaned easily) and they were never worth a darn on snow/ice. Often when running in even light rain @ highway speeds, if there was any little puddle they'd hydroplane enough to kick the cruise off. They were great for running down the highway in the summer towing the boat. Quiet, didn't throw rocks, 1.5-2MPG better than any of the AT's I've had on the truck ever since.

My '11 has ~165K Mi. I've had a 2nd set of rims/tires since it was new. I ran the Continentals almost down to the wear bars as they were "summer only". I had Nitto Trail Grapplers that had excellent traction off-road but sucked in cold ice/packed snow, I gave them to a friend @ about 1/2 tread. BF Goodrich ATKO 2's that I ran almost down to the wear bars with no complaints. Nitto Terra Grappler that I have mounted as "summer tires" are "OK". Lastly, and bestly I have a set of Nitto Exo-Grapplers that are IMO the best tire I've had on a diesel pickup. This spring I was down under 1/2 tread so I"ll run them the rest of the summer to get the rest of my use out of them and replace w/the same thing in Oct/Nov. Their traction is excellent in ice/snow, mud, gravel, and I haven't noticeably hydroplaned them yet. They're also the most stable with or without a load due to the 3rd sidewall ply/belt.

On my previous '06 I also had BFG Long Trail (discontinued), Goodyear DuraTrac (horrid on HD pickup, very soft sidewalls), and BFG KO (original, no complaints). My comparison's are drawn from 2 pickups, ~250K Mi and 8 sets of tires between them. Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the information. I got upgraded at the tire dealer at the last minute. The Bridgstone 685 tires i wanted were end of production. I'm moving from A/T to H/T tires. The truck never tracked that well with the Transforce A/T tires. I hope the Conti's preform as well as the reviews.

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by horse1

Thanks for the information. I got upgraded at the tire dealer at the last minute. The Bridgstone 685 tires i wanted were end of production. I'm moving from A/T to H/T tires. The truck never tracked that well with the Transforce A/T tires. I hope the Conti's preform as well as the reviews.

Just got the HT tires installed, Yep, the truck handles a lot better. The Conti's look like they are very high quality, we'll see! Black Tires Matter

Last edited by MM879; 06/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO.

My .2 cents.

Exactly. Highway Terrain tire?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
NO.

My .2 cents.

Exactly. Highway Terrain tire?

Yes, HT stands for highway tire. AT stands for All Terrain tire. TerrainContact is the name the Continental gave this series of tires. Not that complicated.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.