Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Randy, "7400 Hunter" 2 Mar 2003
Thank you so much for your words and gifts of support. Your package arrived today. I scratched my head a little when I saw this box for me with an unfamiliar sender. When I read your letter it became clear and I recognized your handle. I passed your letter around to the guys and explained our acquaintance through the "campfire". They all thank you, and all the great Americans supporting us.
Our transit took a little over a month. We left the coast of N. Carolina on 12 January, and began going ashore in Kuwait on the 15th of Feb. We sailed in a F-ship ARG (amphib. ready group) we stayed pretty busy planning and training in transit, no stops along the way. We were all ready to go ashore when the time came. My section went by helo (CH-53 along with many others from the brigade. Walking out onto the flight deck with 6 thundering 53's was exciting. The air thick with fumes of exhaust, the roar. The ride ashore took about 45 minutes, we landed in Northern Kuwait, and walked to our assembly area about 1000yds away. We are still here living in GP Tents, sleeping on the deck. Training and planning continues. The weather is not bad at all for now, night time lows in the 40's-50's, daytime highs in the 70's.
We are all anxious to "get this party started", but if diplomacy works it will no doubt save lives. I cannot go into specifics about our plans, training, as I am sure you understand. (If my memory serves me, you are a Gulf War USMC vet?) The contents of your package are perfect. Thanks again! Mail is a bit spotty, but today we received 2 trucks full of it! (7-tons)
Please feel free to share this with the Campfire and send all of our Thanks for your support, and the support of the others at the Campfire.
During the trip over here, we had access to CNN. We saw mostly Anti-War Protest and such, from all over the world. Your words and acts of support are truly Heartfelt by us. Here on the ground we are pretty remote. No access to current events. But, it is ok really, it keeps us focused on the job at hand.
When this happens, I think it will be furious and fast, The threat of chem. weapons is very real...
We are here and ready to do our thing, whenever the President gives the word.

Thanks Again
Semper Fi !

Shane Pitzer
MontanaMarine

This is exactly as wrote from MM, His memory is off a little as I am a USMC Vietnam Vet, not USMC Gulf War vet.
7400hunter

Jim Croce: You don't tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind ...

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, looks like the way this war is going, MM will be back posting on this Campfire before to much longer.
MM is correct in all the anti war protests going on all over the world.
I just wish there was video taped coverage of the eldest son of Saddam trying out the chemical agent, or what ever it is called, on those 1700 Kurdish people in that northern Iraqi township.
Killed them all, deader then dead in a matter of minutes. Seems the Kurds haven't had anyone care what happens to them until the US decided enough is enough.
Thanks to the many dedicated soldiers like Montana Marine, maybe the Arab part of the world will be a little safer place to live for everyone.
No, I'm not pro war.
See ya here shortly MM!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 28 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.