Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14953884 06/09/20
J
jerrys Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
My son just traded trucks. Went to a Dodge dealer and traded for a very low mileage 2019 Big horn. Loves the truck but now that the weather has warmed, The truck smells smokey. Went for a hour ride with him last night. A/c blowing on me and we tried the heater. Today, I can smell stale smoke on myself. Dealer wants to try to clean it again. They have already done one ozone treatment on the truck and replaced the fresh air filter. This was a dealer lease return. The lessee was a smoker. This was not disclosed (hidden) at the time of sale. He hasn't gotten down to brass tacks with the dealer yet. Meeting tomorrow after work. What can he expect? He paid well over 20 grand difference. Thanks, Jerry

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not expect too much more.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He can expect that truck to smell smokey for about a year - then maybe most will have gone away.. Leaving windows open as much as possible will speed it up a bit..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Call some auto detailers and ask what they can do about it...and whether their service comes with a guarantee.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You must not have gotten the response you were looking for when you posted about the same issue a few days back?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14924315/dealer-obligation#Post14924315

Hell, if it bothers you that much, go pour 5 gallons of gas inside it, and light it up.

At least you will have some relief for life altering problems like that. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Call some auto detailers and ask what they can do about it...and whether their service comes with a guarantee.

^^^ This
I have a friend that owns a detail business. He says a lot of his work is getting the smoke smell out of trade in cars for dealerships.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn’t we a smoky new dodge truck thread 2 weeks ago?

Must be an epidemic.......

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You can buy an ozone generator on eBay for $70-$80. Run it 2-3 times for about 30 mins. Oh, and run the truck at the same time and turn the AC on (on recirc) when you do it. That will get most of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Didn’t we a smoky new dodge truck thread 2 weeks ago?

Must be an epidemic.......

Same OP.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd hope the previous owner was a pipe smoker who used Rum & Maple- - - - - -always did like the way that stuff smelled, although it was a lousy-tasting experience in my own pipe!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You must not have gotten the response you were looking for when you posted about the same issue a few days back?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14924315/dealer-obligation#Post14924315

Hell, if it bothers you that much, go pour 5 gallons of gas inside it, and light it up.

At least you will have some relief for life altering problems like that. whistle

Right?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Coffee will absorb smoke odors. When you park the truck, put a sheet of newspaper on the floor, and dump a pound of cheapo ground coffee on it. After one day of this, dump out that coffee and replace with fresh coffee. Might take a half dozen treatments but it works.

Then, your truck will smell like coffee, but that is not an unpleasant smell and it will go away after a while.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jerrys
My son just traded trucks. Went to a Dodge dealer and traded for a very low mileage 2019 Big horn. Loves the truck but now that the weather has warmed, The truck smells smokey. Went for a hour ride with him last night. A/c blowing on me and we tried the heater. Today, I can smell stale smoke on myself. Dealer wants to try to clean it again. They have already done one ozone treatment on the truck and replaced the fresh air filter. This was a dealer lease return. The lessee was a smoker. This was not disclosed (hidden) at the time of sale. He hasn't gotten down to brass tacks with the dealer yet. Meeting tomorrow after work. What can he expect? He paid well over 20 grand difference. Thanks, Jerry

I had a friend who bought a low mileage truck that was owned by a smoker. If your son's new truck has a fabric interior I can tell you right now that nothing short of new upholstery and carpet will rid that truck of the smoke smell. My friend traded it off as soon as possible. No amount of cleaning is going to do it. I hated to ride in that truck because of the smell, we seemed to always use mine when we went hunting or fishing.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial-Industrial-Ozone-Generator-Pro-Air-Purifier-Mold-Mildew-Odor-ion/132475570694?hash=item1ed828ca06:g:HksAAOSwH9RdsXD5

Sometimes it takes more than once, and they need to run the ac system.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What about a couple of pie tins of baking soda ? Deer hunt much?

Or he is one of “those people” who can’t leave the damn thing parked for more than 2 hours?

I have neighbors also with a dodge truck, they are pulling out of their driveway every 45 minutes and coming back. And there’s no stores here for 7 miles. And they’re new, so they couldn’t possibly know all the pull heads yet.

JFC

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ozum ( sp???)

Spray can product to clean interior. IIRC.

Unrepentant vehicle smoker myself.
Dont feel any guilt either.....

I'm a dik....
Calling it how I see it.

1 2 3

Smoking is bad for you post to follow.....

So are comet strikes and people shooting at ya with AK,s and RPG,s...

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Ozum ( sp???)

Spray can product to clean interior. IIRC.

Unrepentant vehicle smoker myself.
Dont feel any guilt either.....

I'm a dik....
Calling it how I see it.

1 2 3

Smoking is bad for you post to follow.....

So are comet strikes and people shooting at ya with AK,s and RPG,s...

Ozium, works pretty well.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had this scenario as well with my truck.

I sprinkled lot's of baking soda powder on the carpet, seats, door panels, etc, even threw it up on the headliner, waited a few hours, vacuumed it up, then repeat a few times.

Worked very well at getting the smoke odor out of the truck.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
The ozone generator works by oxidizing the aromatic chemicals left from the smoke. It may take more than one treatment depending on how much the truck was smoked in and it may help to run the fan on recirc while running the ozone generator.

Or you can just take up smoking. laugh

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Coffee will absorb smoke odors. When you park the truck, put a sheet of newspaper on the floor, and dump a pound of cheapo ground coffee on it. After one day of this, dump out that coffee and replace with fresh coffee. Might take a half dozen treatments but it works.

Then, your truck will smell like coffee, but that is not an unpleasant smell and it will go away after a while.

Baking Soda helps a lot also. Pour it over the seats and carpet if putting on the floor in roasting pans wont do the job. Vacuuming later.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.