Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
On the SKS note... I joked at him a little the first time I hunted with him about his SKS. We had down into a river bottom to check my zero and pop off a few rounds. Then I watched him call out and blast small targets with lightning speed and precision with the open sights from 20 to well over 200 yards away. Reminded me of that old saying, “Beware of the man with one rifle...”

That said, Horia has many fine firearms but that Romanian SKS is extension of him when he shoulders it.

Semper Fi

BP-B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I need an sks

Last edited by CaptArab; 02/11/20.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CaptArab
You couldn't pay me set foot there. Total cluster of a country.

The only people with a "hunting license" are old guard communist dictatorship military brass or their cronies.
There's no such thing as an honest Romanian- at least not when dealing with some American sucker.
The jackass policemen without guns run around arresting people for BS they didn't do in order to get bribes.
Border passport checks are liable to hold you up and search your stuff until you bring them a beer or a sandwich or something.
Everyone pulls over to piss on the side of the road - men and women.
Typical eastern europe stuff.

Stay the hell away.

Have you ever been to Romania?

I have been twice and hunted with Horia both times. The people are nice, and the food is great. The only comments regarding Americans is they wished we had come earlier.....like in 1945.

As far as "the only people with "hunting License" are communist dictatorship military brass or their cronies", that ended in 1989. Romania has been a member of NATO since 2004.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
CaptArab, I'm goint to have to call total Bull Shyt on your bad mouth post of Romania. I am an American citizen that permanently relocated here in Romania 6 years ago. I made 3 week vacations here almost every year for 13 years before I decided to move over here. So I knew a lot about this country before I moved here. So I will address your allegations of Romania.

I hunt with several large groups of hunters and all hunters in those groups have hunting licenses The difference between here and the U.S is that before you get a hunting license, you have to have a good knowledge of rules, regulations and the game animals that you will be hunting, Yes, poaching does exist. But to the best of my knowledge, it appears to be no worse or less than I was aware that was going on in the U.S.
Romanians are very honest people with very big hearts. How hard is it to get "suckered" in any given large city in the United States?
The "Jackass Policemen", as you call them, DO carry guns. If you commit a serious crime that justifies the use of a firearm, you will find out quick enough. And I would not suggest that you try to bribe a policeman. There is a good chance that you will soon be wearing hand cuffs.
Yes, border passport checks are liable to hold you up and your stuff may be searched, just like any other border in this world. This is everywhere since 911, where have you been. And again about the "bribes", I would not advise you to try to bribe a border guard, even with "a beer or a sandwich or something".
As far as everyone pulling over to piss on the side of the road go's, not "everyone" and not as often as you might think.
Bro, you need to get out more. RJ

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
CaptArab, that was not my experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my hunt in Romania and am saving funds to go again.

I seem to recall that several centuries ago when the muslims last tried to enter in force, the Wallachians and Transylvanians ran them up on pikes and left them along the side of the road as a warning to others. Perhaps you are still "butt-hurt" from that?

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Do they still have a season on vampires??

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would love to go hunting in Romania some day. My last name is Pacola and my great grandfather left Romania after WWI, coming into the USA through Seattle. I have always wanted to make a trip to my homeland.

If you don't mind me asking, how much would a Roe deer hunt cost? Is it difficult to get a license to hunt them? Are foreigners allowed to bring their own rifle for hunting?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Vampires season is never-ending :)))))

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Islanderflyer
I would love to go hunting in Romania some day. My last name is Pacola and my great grandfather left Romania after WWI, coming into the USA through Seattle. I have always wanted to make a trip to my homeland.

If you don't mind me asking, how much would a Roe deer hunt cost? Is it difficult to get a license to hunt them? Are foreigners allowed to bring their own rifle for hunting?

I now have a friend that came and found his relatives after 100 years - was very emotional also for me and I was not family.!
The complet roe deer offer I can send you in private mess or you can find it here :

Our hunting areas have high numbers of Roe deer , and it would be reasonable to expect to shoot 4-6 Roe bucks over a 3 hunting days -1 extra day visit the castle 6 days trip for just 1500 euro

Total price: 1500 euro/ hunter for a group of 4 hunters
First 2 roe deer regardless trophy size included
Supplement for 1 hunter 200 euro

3 hunting days / 4 nights in Romania / Vrancea area.
Method of take is with rifle in a hill area .
Finest Romanian meals, license, firearm permit, all transportations in Romania, first preparations of the trophy(European style).
All animals are totally wild.
Arrival/departure point is Bucharest airport, support for custom formalities.
Period ...beginning with 1 may until 31 September

The reviews that we have are excellent and the success rates are 100%

Shooting fee for an injured and non recovered piece - 300 EURO/animal.

The price includes:
• Assistance at the airport on arrival and departure
• All transfers in Romania - Round trip !!!
• Complete board, starting with dinner on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day
• Permanent professional hunting assistance
• All necessary papers to export the trophies
• Daily transport in the hunting area
• Hunting invitation in Romania
• 24 h Interpreter during your whole stay
• Alcoholic drinks, traditional strong drinks and wine on the house.

The price excludes:
- Transport to / from Romania
- Firearms and cartridges
- Tips
- Trophy export .
- preparations of the trophy(European style).
- Other personal expenses
Daily hunt organize 100 Euro/ day- 1 PH and 1Ranger
Temporary hunting permit 150 Euro
Hunting license 150 Euro

About the rifle, you cand bring your own rifle, it's a simple procedure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just found “Untamed Romania,” a Netflix documentary on the Carpathian Mtns in Romania, their wildness, wildlife, and stunning scenery. Very worthwhile.

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I just found “Untamed Romania,” a Netflix documentary on the Carpathian Mtns in Romania, their wildness, wildlife, and stunning scenery. Very worthwhile.

Funny, I’m watching the same thing right now and came on here to read some of Horia’s posts.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
there is new DOCUMENTARY about Romania ....very nice. Put Romania on your "Bucket list "

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I checked into Hunting Romania. Before all this COVID
started I was having trouble finding the shortest flight
To Romania. Most I found were long lay overs in different Countries
One was 8 hr in Germany. Flights from the US EastCoast
I will wait the crazy would out until things get better.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Blaserman: I flew Lufthansa (partnered with United Airlines). Departure from the US was on a United flight from Dulles to Munich. About a 2-3 hour layover, then connected to Bucharest on a Lufthansa aircraft. The return was slightly different but there was no layover longer than about 3 hours. That should be quite doable for you since you are in MD.

Not sure how the flight schedules have changed due to the COVID situation.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's some damn good-looking women in Romania. Some of whom would make you guys a fine, well-behaved wife. Trip of a lifetime. Plus good hunting.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
R
R
I will like to fish hunt in the Mediterranean sea this September, I hope to catch some big fish. Anybody have a better location in mind to fish hunt this September. France, England, Italy, and Spain is my most preferred location. Greece is cool too, I love Santorini.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Have you ever seen a picture of the beautiful Romanian Female soldiers? I'd go there just to see a military parade if they were in it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It may be different if you're flying with a checked rifle, which I wasn't, but when I've traveled to Romania it was much cheaper and there were many more options if you buy your flight to one of the major hubs - usually MUC - separately. There are, or at least were pre-COVID, six or a dozen regional flights a day on from there to any of the Romanian cities for less than a hundred bucks. You may have issues getting checked luggage forwarded to some of the smaller carriers so leave yourself enough time to go through security again.

Beautiful country, great people.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Horia

What is the size or weight of those red stag trophies ? Is that typical of your area or are those above average stags?.

Absolutely majestic animals.

How does the hunting look with the silly COVID stuff for Fall 2022 ?

Regards
JMV375
Macomb, MI

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
213 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.