Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by topnotch99
I would drag brother LOGGAH out but hard to get him out of town .And i'm not sleeping with him in the back of my pickup !!! and would love to get in on a shoot off . 5 shot group might be better

It would be great to meet you guys!! You are more than welcome to come.

Joe

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was really contemplating going but it's pretty far away from everything ( airports ). I was hoping it was closer to WV and I could use it as an excuse to visit relatives around Moundsville and in Wetzel county.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by damnesia
I was really contemplating going but it's pretty far away from everything ( airports ). I was hoping it was closer to WV and I could use it as an excuse to visit relatives around Moundsville and in Wetzel county.

Noxen is 29 miles from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (albeit not a super large airport).

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Then I'd have to rent a car so it would put me out like around $1000+. Well and if there is bourbon around, I'd be kicked off the forum smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe you and Keith Nystrom can work something out. He is flying in to WB Scranton airport from MN also. Just a thought.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The closest hotel would be the Hampton Inn in Tunkhannock. It is roughly a half hour away from the cabin. There is still room in the cabin for those looking to stay. The cabin is not your typical cabin. It has all the essentials of home except for the bunk beds. But they arent that bad. Fully functional bathrooms with showers and cable tv. Its a beautiful place, the guys can vouch for that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The cabin is nice, the company excellent. I didn't stay overnight the last time I attended but I live an hour away and enjoy the company of my wife at night rather then a bunch of old guys. whistle

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve99
The cabin is nice, the company excellent. I didn't stay overnight the last time I attended but I live an hour away and enjoy the company of my wife at night rather then a bunch of old guys. whistle

That's funny. Most of us would rather have the company of a bunch of old guys than our wives! LOL (Just for a weekend of course) And if you tell my wife I said that I'll deny it.

LOL
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Most of the old guys are asleep by 11PM and miss the really deep meaningful conversations.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Then I'd have to rent a car so it would put me out like around $1000+. Well and if there is bourbon around, I'd be kicked off the forum smile

There are two airports close to Gary and me. BWI and Hagerstown.. My BIL gets a round trip from Hagerstown to Myrtle beach for $99.If you could get a flight into either one of those, we can pick you up, put you up for a night, and ride up with us. Same on return.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

There are two airports close to Gary and me. BWI and Hagerstown.. My BIL gets a round trip from Hagerstown to Myrtle beach for $99.If you could get a flight into either one of those, we can pick you up, put you up for a night, and ride up with us. Same on return.

Joe, how do you know he's not an axe murderer?

LOL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If he has a Model 99 why would he use an axe?

Last edited by Jaaack; 06/11/20.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Axes are much more personal

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Joe, how do you know he's not an axe murderer?

Ssshhhhh! If you keep talking like that he may look in my axe case. Damn it I mean my "gun" case....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Carolyn ain't feared of no axe murderer. She has her own axe.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I knew that collection hanging on the wall in the basement wasn't for looks.

Lucky I made it out alive.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Roy just seems to have stories form around him. My wife says one of these days I'm going to invite some stranger home and he's going to be an axe murderer. I often learn people's first names and don't bother with the last. The friend that made that custom, octagonal handle on the Plumb double's name is Clarence. He happened to drop it off on Valentines day, so that was Carolyn's gift. She said, "does this axe murderer have a name?" I said, "Yes, Clarence". She said, "Hi, Clarence." Then she looked at me and said, "Does Clarence the axe murderer have a last lame?" I realized I didn't know his last name and blurted out, Clarence Multifacted." That's his screen name. Sooo, when Roy came over she said, "Does this axe murderer have a name?" I said, "Yes, this is Roy, he doesn't use axes he has guns." I think she just cracked up laughing after that. But, that's the short and long of it. I did pick up another double today. It's an early Keen Kutter in mint condition.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
can we critique the edge on that ax?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roy just seems to have stories form around him.

It's weird huh?

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You guys crack me up! Sounds like it will be a great time. Wish I could be there and put faces with the names. There ought to be enough people on the west coast to have a get together. I nominate Fireball to ramrod it. laugh

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 695 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.