Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Id still go to Glacier. If you want to get away from the fake covid crisis and the riots and looting can't think of a better place than NW Montana. Bring your camera, binos and fly rod. Then come over to N Idaho to Sand Point, Bonners Ferry.

And I'll buy you a beer. Pretty calm here so far this year.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Go to Wyoming.....we just got back. Wyoming is the best State in the Union.

Did some shed hunting, trout fishing, and varmint hunting.

Found mostly elk sheds, but some mulies too....even Pronghorn.

The prairie dogs are coming back at Thunder Basin.......decent rainbow and cutt-bow fishing at Toltec reservoir.....even some rockchuck coming back, up around Laramie Peak.

Went with #4 and #5 sons. #3 son took his family to Cody and Yellowstone, week before. South and East entrances open. Saw more elk than Bison.

We did Florida late February/early March.....it’s going downhill.....quickly.

Go west.....

Originally Posted by Kenneth
I was hoping for the best for our trip to Glacier National Park, which is just weeks away........I just fully bailed on that idea......NO GO.
So whats available? Need ideas......

Here's my thoughts,
Key west FL, Great idea, very cheap flights, but too late in the year, too hot and sticky.

Hawaii, their GOV just mandated a new 14 day self quarantine when you arrive on the island,,,Like, stay inside and no having fun....Don't know if the mandate is being enforced and by whom? Your thoughts?

Alaska, flights are too high priced for current times and I would not have enough time to plan.....Your thoughts?

Seems any Federal park is a crap shoot at this time?

Need ideas folks.....4 people who like activities and scenery.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
Drive along the south shore of Lake Superior and up to the Canadian border. Get a guide to take you fishing. However , something tells me this is nothing new for you .

Fishing? Lake Superior??? Every fall that I can make it.
2 solid weekends fishing in Door county this year and just returned from Erie after about 100 walleyes, Not to mention chasing Toms this Spring.

This one needs to be about the Family.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The one trip I always wanted to do was a houseboat on lake Powell or rainy lake when my kids were young. We've done all the major parks, the dalton highway and just did the finger lakes this year. thanks to the army and the navy I've seen the east coast in a different light. But I still haven't been on a houseboat trip.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E

Houseboat trip in Voyageur’s National Park, Minnesota: http://www.ebels.com/

Trout fishing on White River, Cotter, Arkansas:
http://www.cottertroutdock.com/mobi_index.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yellowstone is open and going?

Within the last two weeks week, we booked two nights in Grand Teton NP (Colter Bay) and four nights in Yellowstone NP (Old Faithful Lodge and Lake Yellowstone) in July. The hotels are not not open, but the cabins with private baths are open and available. Getting reservations this late would be impossible most years. This means that it will be the best time to see the parks when they are less crowded. A lot of people are enjoying seeing more critters than usual because the crowds are lower.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yellowstone is open and going?

Sure is as Cheyenne noted. Plenty to do there and here on the Idaho side of the parks. Amazing hikes in and around Teton County Idaho with spectacular views and no park tourists. Rafting on the Snake River outside of Jackson, flat water floating on the Teton River near Driggs, mountain biking from single track rides to USFS roads to bike pathways in GTNP. Horseback riding, fishing, beer drinking, distillery tours. Restaurants, hotels and campgrounds are open. The park hotels are not, but that's about it.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
West Virginia... wild and wonderful.

But bring your own teethbrush... you can only get a toothbrush in WV

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Then fly to Boise or Spokane and see Idaho from Bonner's Ferry to Stanley. Rent a high clearance or 4x4 vehicle and you will not be disappointed.

mike r

That would be a great trip but some of the back country roads might not open until July. This was a dry winter, though, so they might be ok. Don't rely on a GPS to show snow drifts.

The pics are the Sawtooth Nat. Recreation area in south central Idaho. Google 'Stanley, ID lodging' and 'sawtooth national recreation area lodging' for accomodations.
I think there are canoe rentals at Redfish Lake lodge.

[Linked Image from tpl.org]
[Linked Image from alanmajchrowicz.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I was hoping for the best for our trip to Glacier National Park, which is just weeks away........I just fully bailed on that idea......NO GO.

Here's my thoughts,
Key west FL, Great idea, very cheap flights, but too late in the year, too hot and sticky.

Hawaii, their GOV just mandated a new 14 day self quarantine when you arrive on the island,,,Like, stay inside and no having fun....Don't know if the mandate is being enforced and by whom? Your thoughts?

Alaska, flights are too high priced for current times and I would not have enough time to plan.....Your thoughts?

Come spend a.couple inexpensive weeks at our Airbnb in beautiful Maine. PM for details if you like.

The way life should be.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rent a houseboat and cruise around Voyageurs National park.
It's like going to the BWCA but without all the work.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm going to Yellowstone and Glacier next month. We didn't have anything planned, kids all home and decided we should take a trip, might be the last one of its kind. Looked at a few options and decided the mountains were the best choice.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Kenneth is the quintessential douche bag Wisconsinite.

He's told in May that Glacier would be touch and go this summer and he should adjust fire.

JeffA takes the time and types out 100 fugking alternatives to Glacier in the same area.

And here he is again. "Give me details."

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Here's my thoughts,

How about renting a Class-C camper and go exploring...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

He's told in May that Glacier would be touch and go this summer and he should adjust fire.

JeffA takes the time and types out 100 fugking alternatives to Glacier in the same area.

In May you had some wild ass guess's,

Now with the facts showing 90 percent of the Park closed, it's off.....

Regarding Jeff's out of park suggestions, You and Your BFF said repeatedly that would be a waste of my time,

Sure thing dude, The Park is closed but I'll drive 1500 miles one way to drive through Pine trees,,,,,Right on bro.

You have any thing of substance to add to your whine?

Otherwise, GFY.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah.

I hope your vacation sucks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

If you're willing to explore, there are just as many areas as beautiful and even more beautiful than the national parks out west

In May you had some wild ass guess's,

Now with the facts showing 90 percent of the Park closed, it's off.....

Regarding Jeff's out of park suggestions, You and Your BFF said repeatedly that would be a waste of my time,

Sure thing dude, The Park is closed but I'll drive 1500 miles one way to drive through Pine trees,,,,,Right on bro.

You have any thing of substance to add to your whine?

Otherwise, GFY.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking at all these ideas , the rent-a-houseboat idea sounds cool, and memorable.

Now I’m wondering where in the US you can do that.

For me personally I already get too much sun here in South Texas. Lots of sun anywhere South in Summer, I’d stay north.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah.

I hope your vacation sucks.

You should go to Ghana for vacation. The cost of living is cheap, the food is different, the people friendly, and you could have a Black child. All for pennies on the dollar 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You are not helping Rock Chuck. Toss the kids in the car and head East You won’t regret it

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.