Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I would say the border is not going to be open for the rest of this year at least. It's already been pushed back twice.

As the pandemic seems to be sweeping out of control in many states in the United States largely due to the ignoring of public health regulations (social distancing and mask wearing) by wide sections of society that have lost faith in their elected officials and worse yet their medical community it's hard to see a general public Canadian support for open borders.

I personally do not support open borders at this time as I think there is a substantial risk.

The U.S. cash infusion into the Canadian economy does not trump the increased risk of disease. Apparently the E.U. feels the same way.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It appears this is the reason why the border is still closed. From CTV News.

This photo shows COVID-19 cases in Canada and the United States. The red spots in the US indicates COVID-19 hotspots. The red spots in Canada indicate the COVID intensity by province. The large red spots show more cases.

The data on the map is on a more localized level in the United States, which makes it appear more red, but there are an overwhelming number of cases south of the border compared to Canada. (Source: Johns Hopkins University)

[Linked Image from ctvnews.ca]

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/t...khQgE9Cq7SieLGfeIxMXVxdA_gfcaf4-fIU5VaZM

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Trudeau the Younger seems to think the US is one big leper colony.

This may be the third time in 34 years I have not visited the fair country of Canada.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think it's Trudeau. A sports writer on the Blue Jays beat referred to Florida as a viral cesspool. Another sports writer on the Canucks beat said something even stronger. It's a sentiment that runs across the board. The provincial heath officers are strongly against it, and they carry much more weight than the PM. We are mostly in stage 3 or better across the country,now, if we open up we may have to go back to stage one. One maritimer from PEI met an American in New Brunswick and suddenly PEI had 5 cases. That island province had had none for weeks.. I miss ordering parts on line and picking them up across the line.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Of course, I've got to blame everything on Trudeau. laugh

IC B2

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Some are speculating it could be a year or better from now even. Sit back and see what happens.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The thing is, Dr.Tam in an interview said they never expected that the border would have to be closed, they weren't prepared for it in any of their plans. It's sad.I've crossed into Washington state regularly for 50 years. In the beginning a wave of the hand, now we have to show passports.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Outfitters are really starting to scramble, she be some good deals for you Canadians
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free image hosting website

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before this they wouldn't take Canadian hunters . And fought to have packers barred.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don 't see Canada changing things for the benefit of tourism. I am anti Trudeau but there is no need to stir the pot. Stay home , enjoy your families , reacquaint with your neighbors, support your church

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Of course, I've got to blame everything on Trudeau. laugh

All we can blame on Trudeau (Fidel Jr.) is a debt we will never dig our way out of in my lifetime. We'll still be dependent on China for goods and we'll beg them to take our produce. This is because the boy wonder likes to beg and likes to cave in to Chinese interests. And he loves to screw Canadians. Man, he makes me sick! GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When I was boy back in the early fifties, the farmers blamed Eisenhower for everything. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Safe to say there are no similarities between Eisenhower and JT. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Not a chance the border will be open by hunting season. A few outfitters have already canceled their season and I know a couple more who will after the July 21st deadline which we all know they will extend to who knows when. Total insanity IMO. So many businesses are going broke over this nonsense and many will never reopen again. Not just outfitters either. The list is extensive and the "cure" if you want to call it that, is going to prove to be far worse than the virus ever was. Last year 1.5 million people died from TB. Why didnt we call that a pandemic and shut the country down??

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
reading this thread, this is a perfect example of Globalists accomplish exactly what they want...

divide and conquer, decrease trade so they can control it all... economically and politically...

The DemocRATic Party in the USA has never been happier...slowly getting their communist utopia.. where they become the elitists, and the American public becomes the peasants...

People who are blind to it, or deny it... suffer from the 'it can't happen here' syndrome...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What you Yanks don't understand is that Canada is very divided . Western Canada funds Eastern Canada, the East has the far greater population and controls political policy. It is not equitable.
During the world wars the bulk of the fightinging men came from the west, tough westerners and fierce fighters.
Trudeau, his Dad and his ilk are on the other side and this is/was not good for western Canada.
I do however hope Canada keep travel restrictions in place, tourism creates a false economy, unneccessary and wasteful. Learn how to enjoy you own home, imo.
We see no covid here, and don't need to import any.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Seafire
reading this thread, this is a perfect example of Globalists accomplish exactly what they want...

divide and conquer, decrease trade so they can control it all... economically and politically...

The DemocRATic Party in the USA has never been happier...slowly getting their communist utopia.. where they become the elitists, and the American public becomes the peasants...

People who are blind to it, or deny it... suffer from the 'it can't happen here' syndrome...

^^ Bingo. The people who are blind to it are going to soon see the results. Here in Yukon we rely heavily on the tourist business, most of which is connected to the USA / Alaska in some way. Since they closed the borders all traffic en-route to AK has at least two checkpoints they must go through and only 24 hours to clear the territory. An element of the local population are mad that any American is even allowed to pass through and have been making that anger known. There have been multiple incidents of local people harassing American travellers. Last week one lady was called a "dirty American," and another older lady in a wheel chair was denied the use of a washroom. That kind of stuff has been happening for weeks now and its disgusting. Word travels fast and those Americans are going to talk about how they were treated in Canada.

The majority of Yukoner's work for the Govt.so they dont care if another tourist ever visits the Territory. Its amazing to me how the mainstream media has instilled so much fear into a large portion of the population. Its like people have forgotten how to think for themselves. Meanwhile the country is going broke right before our eyes and although it looks like the US economy is going to rebound rather quickly, Canada is not so lucky. Most economists are predicting a continuing weak dollar and extreme inflation just around the corner. The tourist business will never be the same again, and that includes hunting. I was talking about this with an outfitter friend the other day and he agreed. Why would an American hunter choose to come here when they can go to Alaska and hunt the same species when they or someone they know was treated like dirt here?? A lot of those stories made the paper too so of course were picked up by social media...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

You are the classic example of the ignorant American. Mercifully, not every American is as stupid as you and GregW. 😂

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by comerade
What you Yanks don't understand is that Canada is very divided . Western Canada funds Eastern Canada, the East has the far greater population and controls political policy. It is not equitable.
During the world wars the bulk of the fightinging men came from the west, tough westerners and fierce fighters.
Trudeau, his Dad and his ilk are on the other side and this is/was not good for western Canada.
I do however hope Canada keep travel restrictions in place, tourism creates a false economy, unneccessary and wasteful. Learn how to enjoy you own home, imo.
We see no covid here, and don't need to import any.

Having lived and worked (oil sands) in Alberta for five years the division was quite obvious.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I've been fishing on BWCA, Quetico, and VNP border lakes for > 20 years. Always buy both licenses so we can fish both sides. This year we were told we could not fish the Canada side, or be caught in Canada waters. When I asked for a refund of my license fee since I couldn't use it. I was told there were no refunds after license had expired. I explained it was an 8 day license and I didn't have any way to contact until the license had expired. They basically said too bad, no refund. I really feel bad for the outfitters and other folks who depend on tourism. I'm sure many will not survive.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 81 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.