Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
The border will be open for fall huntin season? Starting to get a little nervous, on the fence buying Idaho tags for plan b.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Only a part time Canadian here. I asked a friend to buy some flower plants for my wife''s flower pots.

I keep hoping! The duty free shops must be doing little sales.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Judman;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking promising for you all and this finds you well.

Honestly sir, I'd opine that if anyone gives you a firm answer they're guessing as much as the next guy.

Had a guy in the auto parts store say to me the other day he thought it'd be a miracle if we see another Federal election here - so that's where some of us are for reference.

As I've mentioned in another thread that wabigoon had running, for us here in BC the tourist trade as a whole is worth $20.5 Billion annually the last time they counted it up.

Without sounding too despondent, this is absolutely the worst disaster I've seen in my lifetime. I'd go so far as to say it's worse than anything I could have imagined, you know?

Anyways sir, while I'm loathe to post in a less than positive vein, that's where I'm at this morning.

It hopefully goes without saying I hope and pray the borders will be open and that folks will still want to come up here, but at this point I have no concept of what's next.

Sorry about that sir, do stay well.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/11/20.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Dwayne, I agree it’s bad. Talked to a pard in Kauai couple nights ago, as you know they rely heavily on tourism too, they’re hurtin bad. We usually got our annual trip booked by now, but decided against it, as they have a mandatory 14 day quarantine in effect. Strange times for sure...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have mentioned elsewhere, the tourism slump has not hurt us to any great extent. I doubt this is because I am particularly astute but for this year, anyway, we are just fine and I'm spending money on improvements. Next year, if the social climate doesn't improve, it may be another story. When all the stimulus and support money dries up, many may start to feel the pinch.
The border closure, along with other restrictions, killed our shooting season and out trips to Pe El and Missoula were cancelled. Our first M-S match of the season is finally taking place tomorrow but with some restrictions. I can't begin to guess what the effect on the hunting season might be but it might even be positive. GD

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The border opening will depend to a large degree on what is happening south of the border. Washington state has reported 137 new cases, in BC 10. Washington state has 1 and 1/2 times the population of BC.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
No,I do not believe it will be open until January of 2021 at the earliest for "non essential" and hunting/fishing is "non essential" Our superstar libtard leader will just keep draining our grand kids piggy banks to fund his "pandemic" party.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Friend had a car rebuilt in Chi-town. It’s been ready to go for a month. As soon as it opens, we’ll be going to get it, but the latest news is probably late-July.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am finding Covid kinda peaceful. It might be saving lives because are highways are so quiet .
Folks that are suffering with it , are suffering and God Bless them. In the meantime I am enjoying the slowed pace .

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
It maybe but they may make you quartine for 14 days. So take a month off .

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not just will the border be opened? It's also when will the 14 day quarantine be lifted?

Let's say the border opened tomorrow and I took the family to Disney Land. We would have to self quarantine for 14 days before we went to Disneyland. When we returned home, we would also have to self quarantine 14 days.

So not counting the Disneyland time, we would be quarantined for 28 days. Who can afford that much time?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not just will the border be opened? It's also when will the 14 day quarantine be lifted?

Let's say the border opened tomorrow and I took the family to Disney Land. We would have to self quarantine for 14 days before we went to Disneyland. When we returned home, we would also have to self quarantine 14 days.

So not counting the Disneyland time, we would be quarantined for 28 days. Who can afford that much time?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jud, border closure extended again. Closed for another month.

Earliest opening July 21st !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With the Covid rise in states like Texas, the closure will be extended well beyond July 21st. When? No freaking idea. Can't wait for this to be over.

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Jud; as stated above nobody knows, I would expect to hear our idiot in chief to say "if we can save just one life" and shut the borders further.

As AB2506 has pointed out the other key question is does the required 14 day quarantine remain in place after the borders open to "non-essential" travel.

I had a trip to Texas for Aoudad booked this September and have moved it into 2021 because of lack of clarity on border openings and the 6-8 week wait time to get an ATF permit to bring a gun into the USA.

I think Idaho might be a safer bet for your hunting plans this fall.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's not looking so good. If you own a place in Canada, the bills keep coming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As it stands now if the Prime Minister opened the borders, he would be run out of town on a rail. Since this is a minority government it could happen. Our Premier had to remind the province that we hadn't closed the provincial borders to Albertans and Yukoners. . I guess we got to stop stoning those cars with Alberta plates, chuckle.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like I won't be fishing LOTW or Rainey Lake this year .

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Rick, you could fish both lakes, on the Minnesota side.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a good point that I have been considering .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.