Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Electric chain saws.
I must admit, in April the girlfriend and I jumped on board, and we bought an expensive battery powered lawnmower, and weedeater. They have gotten heavy use and I could not be more impressed. These are wonderful tools. Quiet.

I am interested in a battery powered chain saw. However, I have a 33 year old Stihl 039 that I have used extensively and the damn saw won't die, just cut a 22 inch black walnut up with it this afternoon and it ran like a top.
Also have a pro model Husqvarna that is 6 years old, I paid $618 for it, and, of course, it runs great. Very little maintenance with these saws.
Also have a little bitty Stihl 009 that I use for particular cuts on log cabins.

So I have $1500 in gas powered chain saws I don't think I can justify going electric on the chain saw.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A single dial wheel. So you don't use the chain saw tool on it?

Hes from Bama.. 1 & 2 are big confusing numbers...

Nothings changed... they have the “2” bar retention nuts/bolts, and as always the “1” flat head tensioning bolt between the two bar nuts. The provided tool still does it, nothings changed... his mom is still his lover.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Nothings changed... they have the “2” bar retention nuts/bolts, and as always the “1” flat head tensioning bolt between the two bar nuts. The provided tool still does it, nothings changed... his mom is still his lover.

Hey you stupod fuqk, what's this cokksucker?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Say you're sorry, you little bitch.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
SimonKenton, never pay attention to Jackoff1234, he don't know sheit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243
Bar and chain flew off because you didn't tighten those two nuts.

The new Stihls have a single dial wheel that tightens the chain instead of the old traditional two nut set-up.

Was out today cutting about a dozen trees blown over. My dad showed up with his stihl. Newer POS with the plastic crap. He did 3 cuts and threw his chain. I hate that set up.

I like my echo cs400. No problems. I actually had to grab the cs800 36"er for one tree.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Bar and chain flew off because you didn't tighten those two nuts.

Nope. As already stated, tightened all before use. Mystery continues.

The way life should be.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Is that a MS291 you stupid fug like the thread is about? Put your little toy homo owner saw away... we are talking farm and ranch or pro saws....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The cheaper stihls dont have a 2 nut system. You just tighten down that cheap plastic "nut" and use the small dial to tighten the chain.

Definitely not a good system for serious cutting. Kinda makes stihl look bad in my book.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 06/11/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Is that a MS291 you stupid fug like the thread is about? Put your little toy homo owner saw away... we are talking farm and ranch or pro saws....

How many saws would you like to see? I have 6 Stihls. I farm you little bitch. Just say you were wrong cokksucker.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Return it and be done with it before you waste any more time.

I'll spend a little time now to save you lots later.
Learn, because it cost me lots, so you can benefit from my experience.

Stihls got a good reputation, no doubt about it.
That's why I read all kinds of review s forums, personal recommendations from loggers before starting my own business a while back. Bought the recommended Pro saw for commercial work brand new out of the box from the local retailer.

I then asked the owner to show me how to start it because I had jobs lined up and if anyone would know he would. BTW, I've started and used other brands over the years, but this would certify that I was doing things RIGHT WITH HIS SAW, because he was showing me.
He couldn't start it. He had the shop change the plug and fresh fuel etc.. it turned over and eventually ran before stalling. I asked for a replacement and he refused. Said they do that until broken in. It'll improve...blah blah blah.
Suuure... they do....

I worked with it until I was sore and tired. Stacking logs was easier.

Other than no chain throw,
I had the exact same issue as you over and over taking it back for service and the owner would hide.
It never ran right now matter who at his shop serviced it costing umpteen hours waiting... Demanded refund got me nowhere so thought I'd have to get my attorney involved. Didn't go that route yet.
I demanded a new replacement or refund after losing a bunch of jobs that month... thousands of dollars!

I contacted the company to complain about their retailer eventually getting somewhere with upper corporate....long story and too long to go there.

Short is the owner was mad for me getting him in trouble and finally gave back my money. It costs way too much time and trouble and loss Money that I'll never buy a Stihl again.

I got an online price for a better Husquavarna Pro saw....went to Lowe's. The general manager price matched it and I've been a happy camper ever since.
Is husky normally better than Stihl,? No, probably not, but they're on par. Except this one outperformed that other Stihl in every category and starts on the second pull even after setting all winter. No job too big, but some too small.

Even good rep companies have lemons or bad lots/years. I found out that the year of that one was when the California state EPA standards changed to be cleaner than the dope the EPA was smoking. Stihl complied but their engineers messed that system up and didn't care.

Now is the time, while within the 30 day window to get your money back. Most states are 30 days if still the same as I last checked.

PS: next saw, always use FRESH NON ALCOHOL GAS.
That is available in few stations so call around. Small engine failure is usually from the corn alcohol gas these days. It's sometimes called off road vehicle gas. It won't do it as soon as you described though.

Help this helps
☕ 🙂 👍 🌲🌲🌳🌳🌴🌳🌲

This will too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

How many saws would you like to see? I have 6 Stihls. I farm you little bitch. Just say you were wrong cokksucker.

Thats a homeowner saw... what the MS180?

I dont give two fugs what you do hahahaha u also fug your mom, what difference does that make. Its not a farm and ranch saw, nor is it a pro saw....

Its a CB-E in the homo owner line, and they make the same saws without the CB-E that still have the same two nuts and the same bar tightening bolt. Im not wrong, your just a dumb backwoods bama retard.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Thats a homeowner saw... what the MS180?

I dont give two fugs what you do hahahaha u also fug your mom, what difference does that make. Its not a farm and ranch saw, nor is it a pro saw....

Its a CB-E in the homo owner line, and they make the same saws without the CB-E that still have the same two nuts and the same bar tightening bolt. Im not wrong, your just a dumb backwoods bama retard.

You're to chickensheit to say where you're from. We are not argueing whether it's a small saw or a big saw, you flat out stated that Stihl did not make a saw like that. I proved you wrong.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No dip chit, i said nothings changed, they still have the 2 nuts and the bar retention bolt..

You on the other hand said the new stihls only have the dial... which is wrong...

The new CB-E versions have the dial, the normal, not from Bama harry homo owner that can handle the physics of two fugging nuts and a bolt are still the same....

The created the CB-E line for illiterate goons like you... and its only offered in the teeny pussified home owner line with hardly any power...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't know about the chain and bar flying off, like some of the others I've never even heard of a bar coming off a saw. As far as not running, check to see if it's flooding. If not flooding it needs an adequate spark, fuel, air, and compression to run.
Which of them does it not have? It could also be the spark arrestor plugged up and creating too much backpressure. Being a fairly new saw and the fact that it will run sometimes, I'm thinking a bad plug. They are all fairly easy to check.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Chainsaw threads in this group rarely disappoint oh, Jesus

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Slumlords Stihl had a specific way to start up when cold when he let me use his a couple times dropping trees in my back yard.
One of the bigger models.
As long as I kept the chain sharp and bar oil and fuel in it .
It ran good.
I was knocking down and sawing up trees from 10 to 24 inches in diameter.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Slumlords Stihl had a specific way to start up when cold when he let me use his a couple times dropping trees in my back yard.
It ran good.

I got that saw because we had a little wind here at the condo and blew down a little 3” tree limb on my japanese maple. It was terrible. Those chainsaw things are scary.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by renegade50
It ran good.

I got that saw because we had a little wind here at the condo and blew down a little 3” tree limb on my japanese maple. It was terrible. Those chainsaw things are scary.

Downed trees make good dog runs.
Espeically for nitwit coon hounds that have been spolied by women.
Lol!!!

Brady was ticked off when I got around to sawing up.his "climbing"
tree a couple of days later.
Lol!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 06/12/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My bar on my Echo 58V is a .043 gauge and it was bad about throwing the chain. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a .050 gauge chain, same length, same number of drive links, same pitch, but .050 gauge.

It was a snug fit in the bar groove but it went on. The bar smoked for a few seconds when I started running it, but after a few seconds of running time the drive links and the bar wore until they fit each other. I'm on my third .050 gauge chain on that .043 bar now and the groove in the bar has opened up enough that the .050 chain fits. It's not prone to throwing chains any longer.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Renegade that is a nice black walnut tree your dog is standing on. My brother and I were lugging around a black walnut just yesterday.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (02bfishn, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,471
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.