-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
EuroOptic had these Rem 700 SA non-designated barreled actions on sale months ago for a killer price. I was looking for an inexpensive set-up for a loaner specialty pistol for my WY-SHOT folks that was easy to purchase ammo for, and was not a 223 Remington.
Hence, a 6.5 Creed with a 1-8 Twist, Sendero Taper.
Jim Rockwell made the laminated rear-grip stock.
Chris Rhodes/Bayside Custom Gunworks did the stock work, bedding, and also chopped the barrel, recrown, installed the single-shot follower, trigger guard, and put on a Harrel Tactical solid-bottomed brake. I had an extra trigger on hand.
The barrel was dirty as expected from Remington.
Shot it for the first time last week after bore sighting on a pd mound, and went to killing dogs, and steel. Recoil was nothing.
I was curious to the MV, and how it would group on paper. Chris put me on to the Hornady American Gunner 6.5 Creed ammo (140 BTHP Match), and it shoots great in every 6.5 Creed I have shot so far...and it didn't disappoint this time either.
Sunday afternoon I went over to Dan's house, and got it zeroed at 100 yards. We were shooting a number of SP's getting zeroed, chronoing, and slipping the dials, until wind and rain shut us down. 1/4 MOA or less from looking the spotting scope. I will take it. Plan to confirm some drops past a grand tomorrow.
Muzzle velocity is 2476 fps.
A Big Thanks To Chris for putting everything together and to Jim for the stock.
This is one of the Loaner SP's for WY-SHOT!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Awesome gun! Are there length restrictions against using Suppressors on handguns? I’m confused with all the pork sword type “handguns” with braces versus SBRs and regular specialty pistols. Another question, do you designate when you you do the yellow sheet? Thanks!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
There are not length restrictions for handguns.
Some states may have barrel length restrictions for hunting though.

"If it’s just a barreled action it can only be sold as an action on the paperwork.

In short....the 4473 is not what designates the firearm and has zero to do with anything besides your background check. A gun is designated action, pistol, rifle, or other by the manufacturer on their annual reporting. It’s a 1 page form no matter how big or small the company and has no spaces for serial numbers.

The manufactures log books would list the type of firearm it is and the serial number. And in this case since it’s not complete...it could only be listed as an action.

It really is that simple....and too many have tried to over complicate the answer for a long time."

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Great info! I appreciate it!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (16penny, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.