Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 700LH
Definitely a death sentence offense, the fine upstanding officer had every possible reason to kill that man can't ya see that?

Ridiculous. There's no reason to suggest he intended to cause permanent harm, let alone death. He employed a control tactic after multiple failed efforts to secure him in the squad car. They were waiting for someone to come, either EMS, a larger vehicle that would be easier to force him into, or both, and he needed to be kept from running off till that arrived. They had been exhausted in their efforts to get him in the car, and couldn't keep fighting with him. The alternative to what he did was to let him run off. Cops aren't superhuman, and cannot continue to struggle with a huge, powerful, guy like that, ramped up with drugs as he was, indefinitely.

Was the officer trained that the technique he used was appropriate for cuffed resistive subjects who are not assaultive?

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kroo88
Funny, you couldn’t see his halo in that clip.

Paul an me did. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Imagine, if Floyd would have just "obeyed a lawful command"

Imagine, if the majority of minority’s just “obeyed a lawful command, or answered a question without black-ata-tude”

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[ The alternative to what he did was to let him run off.

Not sure about the LEOs there, but in many places they have "zip tie" restraints in their vehicles (some on their person??).

I mentioned it in a post last week or so...............why not "hog tie" him. Couple of those restraints around his ankles, and guess what...................no running off.

and no need to kneel on a neck. 4 officers there, one big fella. Tie his ass up like a steer and be done with it until help arrives.

Of course, maybe our 'fire LEOs can chime in, for all I know some court somewhere has determined restraining a suspect's ankles is now against the law.

What if they didn't have zip ties long enough for his ankles?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waste of time now.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Definitely a death sentence offense, the fine upstanding officer had every possible reason to kill that man can't ya see that?

Ridiculous. There's no reason to suggest he intended to cause permanent harm, let alone death. He employed a control tactic after multiple failed efforts to secure him in the squad car. They were waiting for someone to come, either EMS, a larger vehicle that would be easier to force him into, or both, and he needed to be kept from running off till that arrived. They had been exhausted in their efforts to get him in the car, and couldn't keep fighting with him. The alternative to what he did was to let him run off. Cops aren't superhuman, and cannot continue to struggle with a huge, powerful, guy like that, ramped up with drugs as he was, indefinitely.

Was the officer trained that the technique he used was appropriate for cuffed resistive subjects who are not assaultive?

More emotional reasoning from you.

Do the autopsy results mean anything?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not sure about the LEOs there, but in many places they have "zip tie" restraints in their vehicles (some on their person??).

I mentioned it in a post last week or so...............why not "hog tie" him. Couple of those restraints around his ankles, and guess what...................no running off.

and no need to kneel on a neck. 4 officers there, one big fella. Tie his ass up like a steer and be done with it until help arrives.

Of course, maybe our 'fire LEOs can chime in, for all I know some court somewhere has determined restraining a suspect's ankles is now against the law.

What If the moon was made of cheese?

Zip ties are cheap and plentiful. What if we just dismiss all better solutions?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe

So, if I'm understanding you, their not having zip ties long enough for his ankles mean that it was murder??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

So, if I'm understanding you, their not having zip ties long enough for his ankles mean that it was murder??

What a trollish reply. Did I say that? No, I didn't - and your feeble attempt to read my mind is a bad look. You clearly do not understand me, and are not trying very hard.

"What ifs" are a stupid waste of time. That's what I'm saying.

Speaking of stupid....hobbling the police so they lack better options is stupid. That's not a remark on what was done - it's a remark on what could have been done better if they were allowed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

One can put two together to make them longer.

If no zip ties, not a single one of them had some paracord bracelet or other tacticool doo dad with them? Or even a piece of rope in the car. Tow strap? Jacket?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

One can put two together to make them longer.

If no zip ties, not a single one of them had some paracord bracelet or other tacticool doo dad with them? Or even a piece of rope in the car. Tow strap? Jacket?

Ho Lee Shixt. They have a car. How hard would it be to have giant zip ties in the car? How expensive? I got three foot long zip ties hangin' in my garage. Didn't have to look hard to get them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
That further confirms that his behavior was resistive, not assaultive.

I think you mean THIS video doesn’t show assaultive behavior on the part of Floyd.

And what does that matter?

Isn't a person's threat to an officer something courts consider when determining the legality of the officer's use of force?

Of course it is.

As are about a bajillion other GRAHAM factors.

None of which you or I know.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88

More emotional reasoning from you.

Do the autopsy results mean anything?

It's the polar opposite of emotional. I am asking that the officer's behavior be examined against an objective standard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oops, I forgot the duct tape too.

But as I said, perhaps in some (many??) locations it's unacceptable to restrain a suspect that way. I mean, it is rather undignified.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That will come out in the trial.

I can tell you that many, many, many LEO’s are taught to use that technique to restrain active resistant suspects.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's the polar opposite of emotional. I am asking that the officer's behavior be examined against an objective standard.

Do you know why the officers in the Rodney King video were acquitted?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm betting that the officer beats the rap. And the longer this goes, the more it looks like he should. But his life will be ruined....unless he has the talent to parlay it into a media gig.

But that doesn't change the fact that the video has caused a lot of bad blood, which could and should have been avoided - IF people actually used their heads for more than a hat rack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oops, I forgot the duct tape too.

But as I said, perhaps in some (many??) locations it's unacceptable to restrain a suspect that way. I mean, it is rather undignified.

That's what I'm talkin' about. Perhaps the better ways are stupidly illegal. Ya think?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That further confirms that his behavior was resistive, not assaultive.

I think you mean THIS video doesn’t show assaultive behavior on the part of Floyd.

And what does that matter?

Isn't a person's threat to an officer something courts consider when determining the legality of the officer's use of force?

Of course it is.

As are about a bajillion other GRAHAM factors.

None of which you or I know.

Which is why I still believe this case is anything but a legal slam dunk. Severity of the crime, cuffed (and patted down) subject's threat to the four officers, cuffed subject's flight flight risk, how Chauvin was trained in the technique he was using and if he knew of any associated risks, etc. will come into play.

I wonder how the courts will look at Chauvin's indifference to the fact that his partner reported Floyd had no pulse.

Chauvin reportedly was looking for a plea deal that didn't materialize.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Reported by who?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,092
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.