Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm going to go out on a limb here with this, we can all agree that the man was handcuffed , in leg restraints, and face down on the street . Now if the police had all stood up, and stepped back, I'm willing to bet that , that good ole boy George, would have laid there like a bad check !

The only danger I see is that he could have rolled himself into traffic and got himself killed, God forbid if that had happened ! laugh

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by lvmiker
What is abundantly clear is that few people in this country have ever had to go hands on w/ a large strong person determined not to submit. Most just call the cops.

mike r

Hey Mike,

an honest question.

Where you worked (civilian) would you have been allowed, in recent years, to restrain the suspects legs once handcuffed and still resisting or making actions one could assumed meant he was attempting to escape.

Zip tie restraints, rope, shackles if available, duct tape, whatever you could use without causing injury to the suspect.

Once a suspect is on the ground, held by a couple or three officer, could a 4th officer go get something to restrain the suspect's legs and therefor pretty much put a stop to any attempt to flee custody?

No offense, but this is a stupid question and I don't understand why it keeps being asked.

Restraints are not needed when you have the manpower to hold a person down. In this case it is pretty clear that the ambulance is on its way from the time that original video begins. The fourth cop is doing what he's supposed to do and that's keeping the dumb fugks at bay while the others hold down Gentle George.

Even if the restraints were available they don't resolve the issue that they were most likely having with their suspect. I'm sure they had a rough ETA and knew there would be a gurney and straps available if his lack of compliance continued.

Travis, If a person could be restrained without the officers having to be involved, in other words 'hog tied", then why not use that method until the bambalance arrives?

If manpower restraint is resolving "the issue that they were most likely having with their suspect", then why wouldn't a physical restraint accomplish the same, then 4 cops would be available to keep the dumb fugks at bay.

And no question is "Stoopid". wink

It keeps getting asked because Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 79S

The point being made every police academy across this country teaches that technique..
I thought we had long since established that.

Apparently not for you.....

Try to keep up. I've made this point myself in previous posts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
A guy in California suggests duct tape and rope to subdue Floyd. TFF

And zip ties. Don't forget zip ties. We hold freight trains together with 'em. Seriously.

Tape is too awkward and no one knows how to tie knots these days.

that went over your head

Oh, crap - did it ever!

I'm better now. laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yep, the ditty bastard was still likely to jump up and run away, even after they had compressed the Oxygen out of his lungs to the point that his body had ceased any attempt to breath, nor his heart to beat.

Would I be responsible for the death of your dog, if all I did was stand on his chest for nine minutes and he became unresponsive? How about if it was an evil BLACK dog? Even a very large and scary BLACK dog?

You sound just like the idiots in Seattle right now.

No,I have nothing in common with anyone in Seattle. All the parts about "black" are for TRH and his ilk who revel at any injustice, as long as the victim is black.

Injustice is injustice, no matter the race of the perp or the victim.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Those Cops deployed their police cruisers remarkably well given how many there were and how suddenly the chase was over, didn't see any Cops almost get hit getting out of their vehicles either. Is that something they also train for?

Yes.

Stopping a car when your co-worker is in front of it is something they train for.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but that open fan shaped pattern also leaves lots of cover if the perp comes out shooting, like that guy who hijacked a UPS truck a few months back.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I said from the start, what the officer did, leaning his knee on his neck, was a last resort to hold him down, after failed efforts to get him in the back seat due to vigorous resistance. They didn't have the option of just letting him go. This was all Floyd's doing. He's responsible for his own death.

I agree he was responsible for the circumstances that lead to his death. Officer Chauvin didn't have to be so accommodating getting him there. I guess this is what you do when your give a dam is busted. It's my understanding that Chauvin was in the process of going to prison, negotiating for terms when the video was leaked. Proving that the staff and leadership in Minneapolis were doing something about it. Too little too late.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No,I have nothing in common with anyone in Seattle. All the parts about "black" are for TRH and his ilk who revel at any injustice, as long as the victim is black.

Shouldn't you be rioting somewhere?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

The point being made every police academy across this country teaches that technique..

Then you are not following the thread.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That is an excellent example of minimal force necessary to take a suspect into custody. If he had died in the rollover? So be it! He should have stopped the car.

Interesting.

Why was he being pursued?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimy
I'm going to go out on a limb here with this, we can all agree that the man was handcuffed , in leg restraints, and face down on the street . Now if the police had all stood up, and stepped back, I'm willing to bet that , that good ole boy George, would have laid there like a bad check !

The only danger I see is that he could have rolled himself into traffic and got himself killed, God forbid if that had happened ! laugh

You've been wrong on this subject since day one.

No reason to stop now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Travis, If a person could be restrained without the officers having to be involved, in other words 'hog tied", then why not use that method until the bambalance arrives?

If manpower restraint is resolving "the issue that they were most likely having with their suspect", then why wouldn't a physical restraint accomplish the same, then 4 cops would be available to keep the dumb fugks at bay.

And no question is "Stoopid". wink

It keeps getting asked because Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

I'm not going to continue to answer your stupid question.

Sorry.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but that open fan shaped pattern also leaves lots of cover if the perp comes out shooting, like that guy who hijacked a UPS truck a few months back.

Thanks for sharing.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

That is an excellent example of minimal force necessary to take a suspect into custody. If he had died in the rollover? So be it! He should have stopped the car.

Interesting.

Why was he being pursued?

No idea. Don't care. At the first sight of blue lights, an intelligent person slows down and pulls over at the first place available which will ensure the safety of officers approaching his car. He then opens the drivers door and waits patiently with his hands on the steering wheel.

An intelligent person understands that he can not out run the radio. And any attempt to do so will just result in additional defense proof felony charges.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Based on your posts I don't think you'd know an injustice from a pair of woman's panties.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No idea. Don't care. At the first sight of blue lights, an intelligent person slows down and pulls over at the first place available which will ensure the safety of officers approaching his car. He then opens the drivers door and waits patiently with his hands on the steering wheel.

An intelligent person understands that he can not out run the radio. And any attempt to do so will just result in additional defense proof felony charges.

Interesting.

Does an intelligent person understand that after being handcuffed he might lose a physical confrontation with four police officers?

What level of force would you categorize a PIT maneuver?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Apparently not for you.....

Try to keep up. I've made this point myself in previous posts.

Sure you have.. we will put a gold star right next your name. When you get 10 gold stars we will give a qtr so you can get some corn nuts..

Last edited by 79S; 06/12/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Shouldn't you be rioting somewhere?

And there, you made my point. One claims justice is equally deserved by all, regardless of race, and you get you panties in a bunch.

The idiots on the streets want members of the black race absolved of justice and forgiven their crimes.

That is not me. I only advocate for a level playing field for all. Each is responsible for his/her personal choices.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

And there, you made my point. One claims justice is equally deserved by all, regardless of race, and you get you panties in a bunch.

Unless you're a white guy in a Jeep going up I-95.

LOL

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Interesting.

Does an intelligent person understand that after being handcuffed he might lose a physical confrontation with four police officers?

What level of force would you categorize a PIT maneuver?

Yes he absolutely does. And absolutely, the PIT maneuver is lethal force.

But sometimes it is the minimal force needed to stop a dangerous pursuit.

I deeply respect your opinions. I have come to believe they are formed of actual experience. In reference to the "Floyd Incident" you have not once seen me criticize the knee on the neck. Nor have I criticized any part of the treatment of Floyd while in custody. Right up to the point they killed him.

I have said from the very first, long before any autopsy results, the knee upon the neck was not cause of death. COD was positional asphyxiation. One can see it obviously on the video taken from the Cops' rear.

Hell, I have seen 1000 lb horses damn near killed from a cinch tightened too much. The rider had better recognize the signs and loosen the cinch, or it's a dead horse.

A horse or a cow will die if they fall or lay down with their back down hill. They suffocate. Positional asphyxiation is a real thing.

If Police Officers are going to use the restraint techniques employed in the "Floyd Incident", It would behoove them to become somewhat familiar with mammalian physiology. Perhaps someone in Academy should educate cadets upon the basic necessity of the human organism for oxygen. And further educate them as to the mechanisms for supplying oxygen to the system.

The first thing the Officers did wrong in Floyd's death was that they continued to suffocate him after he became nonresponsive.

The second thing was that they refused to react to the fact when one of their own informed them that they had killed Floyd.

The third thing they did wrong was to refuse Floyd aid from a qualified bystander.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
561 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,735
Posts18,401,057
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.