Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Am needing three complete sets of sockets in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive. Shallow and deep, metric and standard. Have the ratchets and extensions, just need the sockets. I see shops around here with huge trays of loose sockets and am headed to town today to price them. Looking at American made only.

What do you think, PITA or worth the trouble? Guess it depends on what they want for them and what my time is worth.

If I buy new, do you guys have suppliers that let you build your own sets rather than having to buy a bunch of junk you don't need or want?

LOL
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
PITA.

I've had better luck with garage sales and Craigslist.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
PITA . Fix your yard

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I picked up a huge amount of combination wrenches and ratchets in the last year or two, all American made, for 50 cents each or less but it's time to complete the sets and get them into service.

Last edited by Fireball2; 06/13/20.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Pawn shops around here are all gone. I bought a Write 3/4 set for $32. A better deal was a Smiths torch for 80.

Like gold, bargains are where you find them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
PITA. I've had better luck with garage sales and Craigslist.

This and flea markets.

2010-2013 was a boon for tools at garage sales and flea markets. I bought thousands of dollars worth of hand tools for hundreds.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
PITA. I've had better luck with garage sales and Craigslist.

This and flea markets.

2010-2013 was a boon for tools at garage sales and flea markets. I bought thousands of dollars worth of hand tools for hundreds.

What happened in 2010 to 2013? Or was that just when you happened to be looking?

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Am needing three complete sets of sockets in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive. Shallow and deep, metric and standard. Have the ratchets and extensions, just need the sockets. I see shops around here with huge trays of loose sockets and am headed to town today to price them. Looking at American made only.

What do you think, PITA or worth the trouble? Guess it depends on what they want for them and what my time is worth.

If I buy new, do you guys have suppliers that let you build your own sets rather than having to buy a bunch of junk you don't need or want?

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

When Craftsman went overseas it was kind of the death of reasonably priced USA made tools. You may as well look for them at Pawn Shops if you're not gonna pay premium prices. The other suggestions such as garage sales, are probably more hit-or-miss than Pawn Shops even. None are bad suggestions...just sayin' Pawn Shops are probably the easiest of the bunch, whereas ALL are just dependent on luck.

I would just get a set and double my supply of ratchets. This, whether you buy new or used.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've done it. Over the years I was missing a few sockets out of my set. I dug through the boxes at the Pawn Shop and found what I needed.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Stop pissing about and go buy yourself new socket sets and be done with it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Harbor Freight

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Most "sets" come with 40% of what I don't need and a bunch of what I need isn't included. That's why I asked about building new sets suited to my specific needs.

Not that a guy in Australia would be any help.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Harbor Freight
Fireball said he wants American-made and I took him at his word. The Chinese brought us the virus.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What tools are made in America?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Harbor Freight
Fireball said he wants American-made and I took him at his word. The Chinese brought us the virus.

Lol, while you're typing on your Chinese made computer/cellphone.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Most "sets" come with 40% of what I don't need and a bunch of what I need isn't included. That's why I asked about building new sets suited to my specific needs.

Not that a guy in Australia would be any help.

You do understand why 'flave thinks you are an irritating cunt don't you?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Harbor Freight

Lol, while you're typing on your Chinese made computer/cellphone.
There are still plenty of American-made tools if you are willing to pay for them. I'm not sure ANY computers or cell phones were EVER made here. That's not my doing. I've paid up for plenty of American-made stuff over the years, so I'm not part of the problem. So IOW you can kma.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Channellock are made in Meadville PA !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’ve heard of guys replacing lost sockets via the pawn shop drawers.

But 12 fugking sets?

LMFAO. That yard never gonna be done.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.