Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
shenanigans

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SS336
You guys crack me up! Sounds like it will be a great time. Wish I could be there and put faces with the names. There ought to be enough people on the west coast to have a get together. I nominate Fireball to ramrod it. laugh

Not enough people.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Besides, we're all busy homesteading and carving a living out of the wilderness.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by damnesia
can we critique the edge on that ax?

Probably filed, stoned and then finished with a leather strap if I know Joe.

It would probably shave the hair off your dry arse .

wink

Last edited by 99guy; 06/11/20.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 99guy

Probably filed, stoned and then finished with a leather strap if I know Joe.

It would probably shave the hair off your dry arse .
wink

Sounds like another Noxen tradition is born.

LOL
IC B2

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Then I'd have to rent a car so it would put me out like around $1000+. Well and if there is bourbon around, I'd be kicked off the forum smile

There are two airports close to Gary and me. BWI and Hagerstown.. My BIL gets a round trip from Hagerstown to Myrtle beach for $99.If you could get a flight into either one of those, we can pick you up, put you up for a night, and ride up with us. Same on return.

You're on your own there, Joe. I'm heading up through PA a couple days early and arriving home a couple days later. Giving the MG an overdue workout and myself an overdue vacation, far from the madding crowd. Planning some fly fishing along with Rendezvousing.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'd come if you threw in shooting lessons and a guided bear hunt.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Gary, I'll be at my camp/clubhouse in the Catskills the week prior, if you'd like to stop by and stay a few days. We're right at the confluence of the Beaverkill and East Branch Delaware rivers, with the Willowemoc a stone's throw away. After we catch the evening hatch, and dinner in Roscoe, we can tear up the MG a bit, smoke some wacky tabacky and blast schit like Deep Purple, Space Truckin' and other '70s crap. When it's time to head to the rendezvous, Noxon is only an hour and 40 mins away. I'm gonna do all that schit anyway, with the exception of riding around in an MG, so you're more than welcome.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 06/12/20.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Hmmmmm.......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Yes you may, just take into consideration that is a custom grind for throwing. All of my other axes can be used for shaving at the end of the day.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
"Axe and ye shall receive."

"The axe man cometh."

"No one axed you for your opinion."

"Why you axing me all these questions, homes?"

"Just like a lumberman. Brings an axe to a gun fight."

Lizzie Bordens of the world- Unite!

Personally I'm glad I don't own an axe. This way I won't have to actually chop something.

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Black Axes Matter.....

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
"Look at the axe on that girl!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gary:

You are on fire!!!

Tell me another one!

laugh

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Then I'd have to rent a car so it would put me out like around $1000+. Well and if there is bourbon around, I'd be kicked off the forum smile

There are two airports close to Gary and me. BWI and Hagerstown.. My BIL gets a round trip from Hagerstown to Myrtle beach for $99.If you could get a flight into either one of those, we can pick you up, put you up for a night, and ride up with us. Same on return.

You're on your own there, Joe. I'm heading up through PA a couple days early and arriving home a couple days later. Giving the MG an overdue workout and myself an overdue vacation, far from the madding crowd. Planning some fly fishing along with Rendezvousing.

Thank goodness, I was hoping Joe would find something big enough to fill in that big pot hole?

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

"The axe man cometh."

Personally I'm glad I don't own an axe. This way I won't have to actually chop something.

Oh, did I forget to mention, I'm bringing a block of wood also. There will be two shiny Orange clay pidgeons to the right and left of my American Beauty Double. The first person to break both birds with one shot gets to keep the two Grants under the clay. Recommendation, bring a 38-55, might give you an edge over an HP. Unless Roy shows up. Then we will let him shoot first and find his own ride home.

Last edited by JoeMartin; 06/13/20.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"The axe man cometh."

Oh, did I forget to mention, I'm bringing a block of wood also. There will be two shiny Orange clay pidgeons to the right and left of my American Beauty Double. The first person to break both birds with one shot gets to keep the two Grants under the clay. Recommendation, bring a 38-55, might give you an edge over an HP. Unless Roy shows up. Then we will let him shoot first and find his own ride home.

I wish I was going to be there.

I'd shoot a hole right straight through that ax handle and then laugh my ass off.

Edit: I'm laughing just thinking about it.... laugh

Last edited by 99guy; 06/13/20.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Yes you may, just take into consideration that is a custom grind for throwing. All of my other axes can be used for shaving at the end of the day.

That must be what it is. The edge looks a little funny/different than I use on my wood cutting axes.

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

"The axe man cometh."

I'd shoot a hole right straight through that ax handle and then laugh my ass off.

Not as difficult a feat as you might imagine. Consider that the target you're actually shooting at is twice the diameter of the bullet. Ie: if a .308 bullet is used you can be off as much as almost .300" on either side of the blade edge- it only takes the tiniest of slivers to break the balloon on the opposite side of the blade from the main chunk of the bullet. That adds up to a target .6" wide. Not terribly difficult with an accurate rifle.

I would still rather laugh along with Randy after he shattered Joe's axe handle with a .300 Savage.😂😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"The axe man cometh."

Not as difficult a feat as you might imagine. Consider that the target you're actually shooting at is twice the diameter of the bullet. Ie: if a .308 bullet is used you can be off as much as almost .300" on either side of the blade edge- it only takes the tiniest of slivers to break the balloon on the opposite side of the blade from the main chunk of the bullet. That adds up to a target .6" wide. Not terribly difficult with an accurate rifle.

I would still rather laugh along with Randy after he shattered Joe's axe handle with a .300 Savage.😂😂

Of course I would replace Joe's handle and buy him a beer, but the moment and the look on Joe's face would be worth every penny.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,836
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.