-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To the kind hearted folks of the Campfire, some of you may have seen the threads posted lately in regards to member K22's grandson Gabriel. For those of you that are not familiar with the story I've included some links....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...4/my-grandson-needs-prayers#Post12242584

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12535795/1

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13416228/1

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14073945/re-k22#Post14073945

Gabriel is battling Clove Syndrome and has been approved for an experimental drug from France. The family must travel to Asheville NC approximately every 2 weeks for the administrating of the drug and to be monitored.

While Asheville is now much closer for them, for the past year they've had to fly to Boston every 2 weeks which was really hard on them financially and at some point Gabriel may have to fly to France.

As you can imagine the costs associated with such a special needs child are astronomical..

If anyone here has experience, you know the financial burden is a heavy one that weighs on already weathered parents...

K22 and I have already talked about it and I have his permission along with Rick's to link to Gabriel's Mother's GoFundMe using the Campfire Classifieds..

What I'd like to do is a "Gear Grab for Gabriel". The idea is for folks that would like to participate, to put up for sale your no longer used or unwanted items in the classifieds and donate all or a portion of the proceeds to Gabriel's GoFundMe page.

I'm very aware lots of folks are on fixed incomes and can't afford big donations or any donation in some cases but I'll bet every single member here has stuff lying around that they no longer want or use that may be of value to someone else.....

If sellers do not wish to participate they can most certainly still do business as usual in the classifieds...

This is an opportunity to solve three problems with one simple solution. (1.)The hoarders get to clear out some stuff. (2.) The skinflints can find a deal on something they may need. (3.) Gabriel's family can finally feel a bit of financial relief..

For those that want to donate, simply start with "Gear Grab for Gabriel" or #GOFUNDGABRIEL in the title of your classifieds post..........Those that don't wish to participate, simply leave out the "GGFG" or #GOFUNDGABRIEL header and continue with the classifieds as always.

Use of Gabriels GoFundMe page to promote a sale will mean that via the honor system, you intend to donate.....You can include in your ad the percentage of the sale you intend to give or those that may not be comfortable disclosing their donation amount simply state, "A portion of the sale will be donated"...

Of course GoFundMe donations to this family beyond any 24HR Campfire sale will also be encouraged...

I've asked Rick to make this a sticky so that we can keep track of Gabriel's progress, the families GoFundMe goals and find the link to the GoFundMe page easily.

Here is the link to the page, all donations should go there and only there unless K22 and the family say otherwise!

https://www.gofundme.com/gabriels-medical-bills

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 08/28/19.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
X-V, RickBin
This is such a super generous gesture you are doing for Gabriel and my family.
I can never thank you enough.

K22/Jim

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Good job X-VERMINATOR. I'm in and will begin listing some items over the next 2 days.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's awesome OSU Sig! I'm hopeful all it will take is a few good guys like you to get this ball rolling!!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You guys are awesome. Akwolverine, I don't know what to say other than thank you.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Job well done, I hope and pray for the very best.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Tag

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Is the go fund Gabriel still alive! Have an offer..Ron.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.