Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Tasers often have 2 cartridges. Had the thug hit one of them and gotten his gun, he could have killed both of them. Also, tasers have lasers for aiming, his turning toward them could have been a gun. I support the officers in this case. BTW, I've been in LE for over 37 years.

It is outrageous that in all of these cases, the criminals are not being held accountable. Had Floyd or the thug in Atlanta not resisted they would be alive. Period!

To make matters worse, the police chief is spineless and did not support her troops. They should not have been fired!!!!

I also find it outrageous that nobody is held accountable for their own actions, it would solve alot of problems if people were to understand that and act accordingly.

BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I see the guy running away in the video... I cannot tell if he has the first cops tazer or not. If not...

Your or I would be locked up for using lethal force when not in imminent danger....

High probability the police did [bleep] up.

You cant just kill a guy running away. You can kill a guy trying to use your weapon on you at that exact time. If the threat is over and he is not unarmed but fleeing I dont think you can get away with that.

Law Enforcement.... not the judge and jury

Flame away now lmao

Every time I think you can't get any dumber, you post again.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We need a Public Service Announcement on all Radio and TV stations:

"If you are Sober, drunk, or on drugs, do not fight with Police. Listen to their instructions and comply with courtesy."
"if you try and fight Police, then run away, Police have the right to assume you will be a threat to others in the community"

Last edited by keith; 06/14/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A longer version of the event. Cops are polite and professional the entire time, then the fight starts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Who made the stupidest move at that moment?

a guy so messed up on something he was sleeping in the drive thru and not wanting to be arrested being combative then running away, or the undoubtedly angry cop that shot him dead with people watching, recording when it was not a life-threatening situation just a few days after the Floyd fiasco with protests still going on?

He would have been easy enough to catch later without an audience.

A genius decision of LE work it was no doubt

How can someone be as stupid as you. It is time to put teeth back in the law. You refuse a lawful order or resist arrest you go to jail for a year and work on a chain gang. You get one shot at obeying. That's all. Had the majority of blacks, killed in the last few years obeyed, they would still be alive. There should be no reason to fear any backlash as long as you are in the right. I guess you are good with stopping a vehicle chase if it gets too wild?

Jim

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If this doesn't prove that fly over country are not deplorable people, I don't know what does.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by texasbatman

a guy so messed up on something he was sleeping in the drive thru and not wanting to be arrested being combative then running away, or the undoubtedly angry cop that shot him dead with people watching, recording when it was not a life-threatening situation just a few days after the Floyd fiasco with protests still going on?

How can someone be as stupid as you. It is time to put teeth back in the law. You refuse a lawful order or resist arrest you go to jail for a year and work on a chain gang. You get one shot at obeying. That's all. Had the majority of blacks, killed in the last few years obeyed, they would still be alive. There should be no reason to fear any backlash as long as you are in the right. I guess you are good with stopping a vehicle chase if it gets too wild?

Jim

I'm making a guess, but I'd bet copious amounts of drugs has something to do with it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
Police Chief Shields is a good one. She was fed up with the politicization of recent events. I’m sure she didn’t want to deal with the political fallout from this.

I imagine she’s not the only good Cop reconsidering their choice of profession about now 🙁

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by hatari
Police Chief Shields is a good one. She was fed up with the politicization of recent events. I’m sure she didn’t want to deal with the political fallout from this.

I imagine she’s not the only good Cop reconsidering their choice of profession about now 🙁

Hence the reason this country is so screwed. It would appear several here consider a good leader as one that turns tail and runs the when things go bad.

I'm pretty sure that isn't in any chapter of How to be a Leader.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Fox news has the video posted and you can clearly see the jogger turn and fire the taser at the cop who is within 10 feet of said jogger !

https://www.foxnews.com/

Last edited by jimy; 06/14/20.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe all of this is called “hindsight”.

Personally I’d regard most ANY fight with a drug- and/or alcohol-addled adult male in that setting as a “life-threatening situation”. Even more so if in the heat of the moment that individual turned and pointed a handgun-like object in my direction.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Filaman
This isn't just a black thing, this is a Democrat Instigated uprising,which means that it's a leftist instigated uprising. Yes we're seeing the communists uprise right here before God and everybody and most people don't see it. Take a good look at the rioters. They aren't just one color.
They're using race to fuel it but if you peel back the top layer you'll find an agenda. A leftist commie agenda. I hate to keep beating that drum but it's there and most people don't get it. It isn't just a bunch of pissed off blacks and it isn't just about police brutality. It's about the leftist continuing to try to get Trump out of office. He's the biggest threat they've had since Reagan. Both Bush's were RIGHT LIGHT! Trump is AMERICAN HEAVY. They can't afford to let him have four more years. He's taking their machine apart.

How many of you here have ever been shot with a taser or even actually seen someone get hit with one? Take one from a cop and point it him and I guarantee you’ll be shot by the cop in question - and rightfully so. It is a deadly force situation because once hit by the taser you’ll be at the perps mercy... Never seen so many stupid comments in my life.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That cop actually chased the jogger until he was fired on by the taser, then he shot the guy, a perfect response !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Its not a distaste for law enforcement. Its a distaste for people being so quick to take a human life.

In the absence of order, far more human lives are lost.

You are arguing for law to be enforced only when convenient for criminals and basing that on your speculation that at some other time the dead guy who'd just fought with the police and stolen one of their taster to avoid a DUI should have been allowed to run off drunk with the taser based on the idea that he would not have reacted violently to a future arrest attempt. The outcome of the former is demonstrably more total death and misery for everyone. There are examples of that all through history.

On the latter we will just have to agree to disagree. I think his life was a worthwhile sacrifice to maintain order and the evidence I have seen leads me to believe that reacting violently to the police when they attempt to maintain order is more of a cornerstone of the jogger mindset than you believe it is.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Atlanta's in Georgia.

Georgia law's been clarified by the liberals on the 'fire.

Jogger in the drive-thru hadn't committed any crimes.

Except maybe trespassing.

The officers didn't actually witness any crime, so they had no business tryin ta talk to the jogger.

The jogger knew this, but the officers clearly didn't.

So, the jogger was acting reasonably, when he took the officer's weapon, a la the OJ (Original Jogger, or Simpson, if you want to go old school).

After ensuring his safety by taking the weapon, the jogger simply continued his jog, until he got shot.

Them cops is goin down. Second degree, maybe first.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why aren't blacks pissed at black criminals being stupid and giving them all a bad name?

Both situations would have been totally avoided if both suspects would have been responsible with their actions and cooperative, while knowing possible consequences of doing otherwise.

Were they afraid of getting life in prison for OWI or passing counterfeit currency? Or were they concerned that other things would come up they would get charged with?

In this case, he would have got a night in a cell at worst till he sobered up.

Even if they would have both survived, their fate would have been a hell of a lot worse once they started resisting arrest.

Last edited by KenMi; 06/14/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you’ve been in LE or know someone who is...Then you understand it’s virtually impossible to have a the same naïveté in the end of a career one had at the beginning, after dealing with humanity at it’s worst.

Throw in a social media mixer of entitlement for disenfranchised young people and the cultural tide rises against any establishment that people see as responsible for preventing them a successful life.

The black problem is full of excuses, both in personal responsibility and cultural denial that their desire for dependence on free government subsidies outweighed the desire to strive for true prosperity.

Whites have no excuses, either.....We raised a couple of generations of extremely soft skinned kids who parents allowed the internet, social media, and on-line gaming to be surrogate parents and babysitters.

What did we expect would happen if we wouldn’t spend time with our kids and teach them how to read a moral compass?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
I had no idea so many police chiefs were black women or lesbians.........

hey, y o u get three for one.
black
female
lesbian

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first thought when I heard that the police chief resigned within hours of the shooting was that the chief is the smartest person in America.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If blacks want to claim they are being treated unfairly by law enforcement......they need to blame the criminal actions of many blacks.......not simply paint whitey as racist.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.