Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey guys, why dont we hear much about the aero precision M4e1 and m5e1 receiver sets? I dont particularly care for the big A stamped on the receiver, but they do have some nice features. How many of you guys use them? I know they are like the fat neighbor girl or a vw bug, time to come clean. I was thinking cheap 6mm ARC build.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My bud has built several AR on aero lowers and uppers. He likes their uppers, he told me why. But I can’t remember why.. if I build a 6mm ARC I’m going stripped psa lower, with Anderson upper.. or might just go all in on Anderson. I can pick up stripped upper and lower for $100.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have 2 lowers and like them, they have a Upper Tension Screw to help fit the upper.
I have a slick side upper again like it. A little lighter without the forward assist, and smoother, flatter.
A couple of their lightweight scope mounts, they have held up well.
also one of their atlas hand guards, smaller diameter than others and lighter.
I like Aero.
charlee

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Two lowers, one slick side upper. Zero complaints, good stuff.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've probably used or built on a dozen Aero sets between .308 and 5.56 - still have several sets in the "just because" pile.

ODG, BBronze, and one Multi-Cam set in 6.8, FDE and BB in 5.56 for fun.

They're not Colt, BCM, or Danial Defense...so, they poo-pooed some of the AR aficionados as not up to standard.

I'd trust quality Aero more over an Anderson lower out of the box - the fit and finish is better, and I haven't had any issues, but I've seen Anderson lowers with machining issues.

They have the threaded pin for the bolt release, and the threaded retainer for the rear receiver take-down retaining pin spring.

YMMV

I have two "enhanced" uppers with their handguard mount as part of the upper receiver - I prefer a smaller diameter handguard than Aero usually offers.

But, the Aero ones I have are solid enough for my needs - I just prefer not to be tied to a large diameter because of the enhanced upper, so most of my uppers are standard type.

Like BCM - buying a "blem" Aero product means I won't be able to see what the defect is - without really looking for it.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/12/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've used several of their lowers & they are just fine.............pard FFL bought 50 so I got good pricing.

PSA lowers are fine too, used 4-5; Anderson lowers work too, but can have some color / finish variations that I don't see on others. I've also use V-7 & they are excellent.

Never used any Aero uppers as I think they are nothing special & prefer Vltor, Cross Machine, BCM, V-7.

Like AH64, I don't like Aero rails for the exact same reasons that he stated; SLR, Geiselle & BCM get my money for rails; though I do have have 2 rails currently from WOA, & they are OK ergonomically, but are about 4 oz heavier than the others I mentioned as the walls are thicker.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got several of the American flag M4E1 lowers and like them.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I built my 6mmARs on Aero Precision uppers and lowers. Whatever the complaints may be I am sure they don't amount to a hill of beans.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have noticed zero difference between Aero receivers and (insert tactical nam here), costing far more. I use some PSA that I think actually ARE Aero made. If I had an Anderson, I’d give it away, or trade it for a plastic one, but that’s just me.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I have noticed zero difference between Aero receivers and (insert tactical nam here), costing far more. I use some PSA that I think actually ARE Aero made. If I had an Anderson, I’d give it away, or trade it for a plastic one, but that’s just me.

Aero does not make PSA lowers..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I built my 6mmARs on Aero Precision uppers and lowers. Whatever the complaints may be I am sure they don't amount to a hill of beans.

I have done several AR's on Aero uppers and lowers and I have never been disappointed. I see no reason to fix that which is not broken.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have several of their uppers but none of their lowers.

The uppers when being trued up on the lathe are pretty square.

They shot good before we got the facing tool bar.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 79S

According to PSA, Aero DID make some PSA lowers. No idea if they still do or not, but back (5-6 years ago?) when I bought some in with order batches of 5-10 at a time, PSA stated they were Aero. I have other PSA stuff that I don’t know for sure who made it, and some that’s supposed to be FN ( and some that likely really is), so I either do or don’t....based on what PSA says. wink they’ve likely changed sources a few times over the years. I think Aero owns Ballistic Advantage, and likely has some receivers built there/out of house these days. Tracking sourcing for many AR parts can be a crap shoot.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 06/13/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
PSA bought their own forge company and makes all their own upper and lower receivers now.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

According to PSA, Aero DID make some PSA lowers. No idea if they still do or not, but back (5-6 years ago?) when I bought some in with order batches of 5-10 at a time, PSA stated they were Aero. I have other PSA stuff that I don’t know for sure who made it, and some that’s supposed to be FN ( and some that likely really is), so I either do or don’t....based on what PSA says. wink they’ve likely changed sources a few times over the years. I think Aero owns Ballistic Advantage, and likely has some receivers built there/out of house these days. Tracking sourcing for many AR parts can be a crap shoot.

Like years ago.. not in the last 2-3 yrs. hell FN made lowers for psa as well..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IIRC, someone here stated that Spike's made PSA's upper and lower receivers at one time.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
IIRC, someone here stated that Spike's made PSA's upper and lower receivers at one time.

I believe 79s said that and someone called bs on it..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It appears that a lot of you guys drive vw bugs and fat girls, ha ha.. I like the new Aero precision upper and lowers, as they seem to fit together very well and you get extra added features with the tension screw and cool threaded bolt release pin, that is a biotch to normally get in without some swearing and extra taping of the receiver, so you don't mar or scratch it. I just don't like the big fn A on the side of the receiver!!!!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
bolt release pin, that is a biotch to normally get in without some swearing and extra taping of the receiver, so you don't mar or scratch it.

Patience & perseverance, my son (& a trick or 2 & the right tools). wink

MM

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A flat sided roll pin punch will cure your swearing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (11point, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,659
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.