Hop To
Page 3 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
PTL.

Amazing how HE can be my Saviour and yours too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/14/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Just watched a show about Jericho tonight on TV. According to the show, archeologists have determined that Jericho had been reduced to rubble and ashes by nearby rival tribes several hundred years before the Israelites were in the area. According to that show, the Israelites must have stolen local legends from earlier in time about Jericho, and rewrote themselves into the tale as the victors. Pretty interesting stuff.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by auk1124
Just watched a show about Jericho tonight on TV. According to the show, archeologists have determined that Jericho had been reduced to rubble and ashes by nearby rival tribes several hundred years before the Israelites were in the area. According to that show, the Israelites must have stolen local legends from earlier in time about Jericho, and rewrote themselves into the tale as the victors. Pretty interesting stuff.

Yeah, like Piglosi and Schiefty and Schumer and such.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Dunno Jag.
Was QP listed as an option.?

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those recognized by the church, we're they
Actual real miracles, or does the church take
Your view, that it doesn't matter if they were
actual miracles or not?

Real miracles after much investigation. But they are not a basis of the faith. None of the faithful I've known has ever seen one.

Why does the church bother to recognize alleged
miracles if they don't really matter?

Didn't say the didn't matter. Said they are not necessary to the faith. And the moral point being made is more important than the act.

Why would a mighty God bother to Perform trivial inconsequential miracles for the church
to give value to?

Trivial and inconsequential? your surmise. God does that for his own purposes. He doesn't tell me everything. Miracles are demonstrations of His love and mercy which many find comforting. They are also demonstrations of the value of faith. Are they necessary? No. But some people find them helpful in understanding.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Real miracles after much investigation. But they are not a basis of the faith. None of the faithful I've known has ever seen one.

So what the RC church deems as miracles are
the real deal, but the word of God miracles in
Bible could all be just fables?

Which miracles in the Bible actually happened?

. Miracles are demonstrations of His love and mercy which many find comforting.

God told you the miracles are real?....
or RC church told you they are real?
, or you just convinced yourself because its
comforting and convenient to believe it?

BTW Catholics believe in miracles both by Jesus and by others in His name.

which Miracles do catholics believe as real in Bible?
And who investigated them to prove they are not myth?

Are they necessary? No.

Why perform miracles if they are deemed not necessary?

Why would a God do something that is not required?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert cartoon series, says that the most trouble he has had in his entire life is from saying evolution would be proven wrong in his lifetime.

All the science geniuses I know now believe that evolution theory has been replaced with the simulation.... which you can say was created by God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

If you don't like the math that supports this, because you don't like math, just watch the movie THE MATRIX.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If the law of Conservation of Angular Momentum is real, how come 2 or 3 of the planets spin backwards?

8 of the 91 moons spin backwards?

If the Sun is 98% hydrogen and helium, why is less than 1 % the same on mercury, venus Mars and earth, the same?

Why does the whole Galaxy spin backwards? To make the big bang theory ridiculous?

We're looking at it upside down................ grin

LOL,

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
And of course falsely uses "theory" as a synonym for "fact," a common ploy.
Like the ‘theory of gravity’ or the ‘theory of orbital mechanics’ or the ‘theory of nuclear fission’.
I suspect that some folks like to misrepresent the nature of theory in science in order to support their own faith.
Seems a pretty weak faith if one feels the need to intentionally misrepresent the nature of theory in science in order to support their faith.

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Watch this entire series, and you will understand that evolution is a reality.

Here's episode one:

He does a good job.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
So what the RC church deems as miracles are
the real deal, but the word of God miracles in
Bible could all be just fables?
I have seen a miracle. I have a daughter who for her first three months was ill, listless, obviously couldn't see, would only barely take milk, seemed profoundly retarded. I told the Lord I didn't understand why this was but I would take care of her as best I could. She developed a bad urinary tract infection and was hospitalized not really expected to live. She threw off the infection and immediately became way more responsive,started eating gained weight, and started smiling. Fast forward, she was valedictorian, now is an ICU RN with a beautiful 4 year old highly intelligent little girl.She is now 28. Beginning about age 4 she started insisting on going everywhere with me. She is a crack shot with her .243W. She is quite social and has lots of friends and is a far cry from what her future looked like in 1992. My wife is a pediatric NP and we are friends with the pediatricians that treated her from birth. There is no explanation they can give for the turnaround. I give God the glory and thanks.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All of you Guys listen,

This short, but Great message is why I reconsidered the religion that I was heavily Indoctrinated in since I was in preschool! None of us know it all, especially a preschooler...but I believed my religion throughout childhood and adolescence as much as anyone here.
If you have the courage, you will ask God of the Bible if He will convince you of the truth before and after watching it

The RELIGION of Evol-utionism started long before Charley Darwin. It was started by someone who said, "Hath God said..?" Undermining God's integrity, calling Him a liar.

Then the father of the alternative religion opposed to friendship with God said,
"Ye shall not surely die.". Again calling God a liar and deceiving an intelligent person...a genius, yet gullible.
I'm not criticizing the woman, just giving the plain facts....just like most men are. We've been raised by the gt (public fool system), to despise God like the devil and choose to believe that religion's teachings without question. They teach us that we came from a rock and that eventually we shall be as gods.

Third, Satan, the guru of what eventually became a major doctrine of the Hindu religion said,
..."You shall be as god's..."

In a nutshell, keep in mind that Jesus IS THE CREATOR. He demonstrated it to over 10, 000 eye witnesses when He preached to them on multiple occasions He CREATED meals for them. "In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins....ALL things were created by Him..." John chapter 1
That's easier for me to believe than other religions that teach that you are continually improving until someday you will be like a god..😄

1. "Let God be true and EVERY MAN a liar". We have ALL lied and there is a consequence called hell, no matter what Satan says. God can't do something. What is that? He can NOT lie. As it is written,

"All liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Even the little white ones? Yup, all of them. And it's not just lies, it's all wrong... including the things we know that we should do, but don't.
Revelation 21:8

2. No matter how uncomfortable it may be, You ARE going to die someday.

"For the wages of sin is death."
Romans 6:23

3. You are not going to evolve/reincarnate and come back as a Brahma cow or whatever. Nor do people give birth to cows or anything besides other people. That's not hard to Believe. You are welcome to believe what you want to, but Jesus warned over and over that you are going to The Lake for longer than you can imagine!
Satan is happy with that. Jesus is not.

That is why He willingly submitted to be tortured and die for YOU. Because He knows when you will die and that you WILL be tortured forever without Him.
When He was crucified, He suffered the undescribable pain and punishment necessary that was required for your personal sins against a loving God. He can save you because after he died He came back to life and is THE only Savior. IF you want to try to save yourself, that makes you a savior and you are not ever going to be good enough. The mirror shows a man in need of God, not a savior.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.".
( Only Speaking to those who made this decision because it's past tense. Notice it's NOT because of your good works.)

The key to everlasting life is to reject the lie that your good works can make you right with God. No amount of works has ever saved anyone. Then you must make Jesus Christ alone the object of your trust. That previous verse continues,

" For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Don't put it off. Go to God right now and ask Him for what He is offering. The gift has already been paid for.
Tell Him,

"Dear God,
I don't deserve to go to heaven. I deserve hell, because I've committed sins against You. I know that Jesus Christ Your Son was punished for what I did, so that I won't have to be punished in hell. After He died, He came back to life the third day. I trust Him to save me and to take me to heaven some day.
Thank You for the gift of everlasting life.
Amen

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Evolution is no way, shape or form a religion. The evidence is there. It takes no faith to examine the evidence.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought you folks hashed this all out a few month back.

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Once the COVID and riots have passed, the religious pop their heads back up and start making bad noises...

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only an idiot accepts the biblical explanations over science. It’s true that the people who wrote the Bible were inspired by God and provide the best explanations they had to explain the world. However, they lacked science and the scientific method to determine the truth. A ration explanation is that God used evolution as a tool to create and change life.

Evolution is a fact that explains how life changed and adapted to a changing environment. The sooner that accept this truth the sooner you will understand the world.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
blah blah blah

Do you have any real argument or just so much sophistry.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Evidence wins every time. The evidence proves evolution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Evidence wins every time. The evidence proves evolution.

Oh?

I'm pretty sure there will be more than one arguing against that point.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
blah blah blah

Cheap tactic.... to evade the questions
cause you got no rational response.
Painted yourself into a corner and now buried
your head in the sand.

Are they necessary? No.

Why perform miracles if they are deemed not necessary?

Why would a God do something that is not required?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 3 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.