Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I have removed the seller's name as he has contacted me and we are resolving the issue. Just to be clear, I did try to reach out to him on multiple occasions(through PM, email and Paypal) before come here to air out my dirty laundry.

It looks like it was an honest mistake.

I know that I dont have many posts here onmultiple the fire but I have done dozens of transactions here and hundreds over on Accurate Reloading and I have never had an issue until now....

Back in Feburary I purchaed a GPS unit from member "-----------".

Anyway, when the GPS didn't arrive after 3 weeks I contacted him on 3/18/20. He replied a week later, said that he was sorry, he had left for training and that his wife had forgotten to mail it and that he would put it in the mail the next day.

When it still failed to arrive I contacted him via PM here on the fire and via the email address that his Paypal account is linked to.

I have tried to contact him at least once a month but he has never responded. Luckily it wasn't much money, but I would like to get it resolved.

He wasn't on this forum for a while, but he was back last week(6/7/20) but he did not respond to my PMs.

If anyone knows how to get a in contact with him please let me know.

Thanks guys!
Jason Brown

Last edited by Jason_Brown; 06/14/20.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m 99% sure he’s in the Army stationed in Alabama at Fort Rucker.. I’m trying to think who I might know at Ft Rucker..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
PM sent with his phone number.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
File a dispute with paypal.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I have done 2 deals with him both went we he is in the army Not making any excuses but mite be little in and out I feel sure he will make it rite but does not excuse the long delay .hope he comes through.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
The seller has contacted me and we are resolving the issue. Thank you to whoever reached out to him for me!

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Skeet_Man

Now that is funny! Here is my experience with Paypal's Resolution Center:

I'm posting this here as a warning for those of you still using Paypal...

I paid for a GPS unit here using paypal. Long story short, the GPS unit didn't arrive and the seller didn't respond to PMs or email.

So I placed a claim with Paypal's resolution center. The sent me an email that they were waiting on a reply from the seller. I checked Paypal a couple times and they still had the same message.

Then today(Sunday 6/14/201) I saw that paypal sent me an email Friday morning that said that the seller still hadnt responded so I would need to "esclate" this to a claim(I thought that was what I had already filed???).

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER!: They said that I had to file the claim BEFORE 6/14 or the matter would be closed permanantly in the sellers favor.

So it was already too late. The seller failed to respond in the two week window, but because I didn't respond within the 38 hours they gave me they ruled in his favor and I'm SOL.....

I'm glad that it was a small amount of money, but I feel like I was screwed by Paypal.

I'm closing my PP account for good.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jason_Brown
Originally Posted by Skeet_Man

Now that is funny! Here is my experience with Paypal's Resolution Center:

I'm posting this here as a warning for those of you still using Paypal...

I paid for a GPS unit here using paypal. Long story short, the GPS unit didn't arrive and the seller didn't respond to PMs or email.

So I placed a claim with Paypal's resolution center. The sent me an email that they were waiting on a reply from the seller. I checked Paypal a couple times and they still had the same message.

Then today(Sunday 6/14/201) I saw that paypal sent me an email Friday morning that said that the seller still hadnt responded so I would need to "esclate" this to a claim(I thought that was what I had already filed???).

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER!: They said that I had to file the claim BEFORE 6/14 or the matter would be closed permanantly in the sellers favor.

So it was already too late. The seller failed to respond in the two week window, but because I didn't respond within the 38 hours they gave me they ruled in his favor and I'm SOL.....

I'm glad that it was a small amount of money, but I feel like I was screwed by Paypal.

I'm closing my PP account for good.

This is why a closed my PP account

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jason_Brown
The seller has contacted me and we are resolving the issue. Thank you to whoever reached out to him for me!

Good. I’d hate to see his buying/reselling business on the campfire have a black spot beside its name.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Jeez, so I guess I have to bring this back to the top. I had been in contact with failure2fire(Matt/Rodney Howe) shortly after I posted this in June. He offered to refund my money AND mail the GPS that I had paid for. I thought that was a pretty classy move on his part.

I told him that I didn't want the refund but I would like to get the GPS. He said that it would go out soon and that he would forward the tracking number. Then he went silent: I never received the tracking number or the GPS, and he hasn't responded to my PMs or phone calls or texts.

I see that he has posted a few times in the past few days so hopefully he will message me.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
TTT

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
TTT

"We don't rent pigs"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good to see

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you for letting us know.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,723
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.