Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Okay, I know, I know, people are forever forecasting the end of the world, but really it is not if but when, no? The US is going to devalue it's own currency placating interest groups and trying to survive "crisis". 2020 shows us how fragile the whole system really is.

Are you doing anything to prepare?

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Those who study history are always prepared. The smart don't wait until a crisis is at hand.

Supplies are cheap when times appear good. Guns, food, ammo, for some reason the prices of these commodities is much higher right now.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Do you have proof of this or are you just guessing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I keep an emergency supply of silver including lots of mercury dimes and got out of debt. I'm trying to build up a two year emergency fund and keep thinking about buying some bitcoin.

Paid off the house last year so our major expenses are insurance and taxes. Working on rebuilding the food storage, lots of our canned goods are out of date, and doubled the garden size this spring and planted several fruit trees.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dollar is at a decade long high. Us exporters are getting killed, and Chicom imports are dirt cheap. I ain't skeered of a lower greenback.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I started preparing 24 years ago. I live way out in the country. Have a wood stove, let's see, for some reason I just stocked up with a 2 year supply of firewood. Lots of work.
Have a propane cook stove and a full propane tank. Have a spring to get water if the well fails. Have an 18 month supply of food.

I don't want it to happen I have no romantic illusions. But if it is to start, "Let The Games Begin." It will be interesting.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
How in the world could I have proof. Your question makes no sense.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dutch
Dollar is at a decade long high. Us exporters are getting killed, and Chicom imports are dirt cheap. I ain't skeered of a lower greenback.

Yes, it is, so I agree conventional economics says we are okay, but the most important lesson this year should teach us is that it will NOT be economics that drives the collapse. No?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the party.... all fiat currency through out history collapse.... the question is when?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No?

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OldHat

Yes, it is, so I agree conventional economics says we are okay, but the most important lesson this year should teach us is that it will NOT be economics that drives the collapse. No?

All wars are founded in economics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The dollar will collapse just as soon as there’s a better alternative. There’s no alternative on the horizon. In fact alternatives are fading and the dollar is more dominant today that at any time I can think of. Every commodity is quoted in dollars. Even when the actual currency traded isn’t dollars all valuations are calculated in dollars.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The dollar is king. Everyone wants dollars!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
BTW , gold is a commodity traded in dollars. It’s a commodity with limited uses so when times get really tough it will be worthless. Food , energy , weapons , etc will all be valuable as trade but gold needs a functioning market to have value.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, we are not ok. The dollar is way too high, and needs to come down for the US to compete internationally.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Yes?

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
BTW , gold is a commodity traded in dollars. It’s a commodity with limited uses so when times get really tough it will be worthless. Food , energy , weapons , etc will all be valuable as trade but gold needs a functioning market to have value.

This is a good point. All value is fiat value in a sense, though. Schiff says in a total collapse gold will hold value through black market economies. So it's value is not because it can be used to make things, but because even in collapse we need some form of exchange for goods. A pure barter economy is not practical.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

No, we are not ok. The dollar is way too high, and needs to come down for the US to compete internationally.

Your response has nothing to do with a collapse driven by outside non-economic events.

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I realize that conventional economic indicators say we are not facing an immanent collapse, but as I said external non-economic events can have very precipitous effects on economics. This year shows us that it takes very small physical reality changes to trigger major economic reactions.

Last edited by OldHat; 06/14/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Betton Woods (sp). If you wondering about a dollar collapse, you have to understand it.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 69 invisible), 2,920 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.