Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Checked some trail cams yesterday and had a pic of a coyote with what appeared to be a fawn in it's mouth. So, I got out this morning and called in an area that I know coyotes live. While some guys won't hunt them now, while they're raising pups, I consider the coyote a year round target of opportunity, that needs to be shot on sight. This one came to a pup-in-distress call, and I'm guessing was biting randomly before he expired. I've killed a bunch of them, but never saw one do this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice shooting!

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Indeed good shooting. I had this female do the biting leg thing a couple of years ago. Got herself in a twist.

[Linked Image from oi723.photobucket.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They die hard.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of my uncles shot a black bear many years ago in PENN, lung shot and the bear started running around in a circle as if trying to bite its own tail. He shot it again and it dropped dead. Another guy I know shot a black bear during a drive in PENN and the bear ran to the closest tree, climbed a good 10 feet up, gave the death bawl and crashed to the ground. Said it startled the heck out of him.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Checked some trail cams yesterday and had a pic of a coyote with what appeared to be a fawn in it's mouth. So, I got out this morning and called in an area that I know coyotes live. While some guys won't hunt them now, while they're raising pups, I consider the coyote a year round target of opportunity, that needs to be shot on sight. This one came to a pup-in-distress call, and I'm guessing was biting randomly before he expired. I've killed a bunch of them, but never saw one do this.

Nice yote, and a very nice looking rifle. What caliber is the Remington chambered in?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i had a bobcat bite its leg like that when i shot it with my crossbow

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good shootin men, I shot a basket racked 10pt with an 8 Bore black powder rifle, of course the rifle knocked him down, but he died chewing on a small sapling beside his head.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've shot 3 or 4 over the years that have done that. BTW good shooting on the fawn killer.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shot one over at the range out at 700 yds like that once.....

it was such as being a good shot... I had the rifle targeted on a rock out at 700 yds... with a 223...

a coyote came out to see what the noise was I guess...

I shot at him at 700 yds, and it started running in a spin, biting its own ass..

next shot, he just flopped over....and kicked a time or two..

I don't consider that a great shot as I said I already had that rock dialed in...

I just considered that was the most unlucky coyote in the local area for the day....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terry_M
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Nice yote, and a very nice looking rifle. What caliber is the Remington chambered in?

Model 7 Predator in 223.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This spinner decided to pull his own guts out of the exit hole before flopping over. I’d have hit him again but I was busy shooting his mate. Both were mangy and got left where they fell. The eagles and vultures appreciated it.

Last edited by bbassi; 07/04/20.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The only thing I've seen doing anything like that was a skunk that was crawling around in a slow circle chewing its foot off .. before we shot it. I assume rabies?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.