-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How long would you stay in a job if you knew that doing it meant you would spend time in prison?

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine there won't be a sizeable number walking away from this

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I said the same thing the other day...what keeps these guys coming into work?

GOD Bless America
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Quak
I said the same thing the other day...what keeps these guys coming into work?

I think a lot of them hope to tough it out 'til they get their pensions. If they quit now, what could they do? Probably start over as a cop in a less dangerous area.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

A friend of mine told me that 14 Milwaukee police officers quit today with more coming tomorrow.

Who is going to work in these sub human ghettos? You couldn’t pay me enough to be an LEO that has to watch people throw bricks at me. Actually, I wouldn’t be an LEO anywhere where I wasn’t 110% convinced that the local politicians had my back. There are far too many places that don’t.

Wife mentioned this am that another 15 or so MPLS officers decided to switch careers... IMHO, this is just the beginning... The dumphuqs in charge (Mayor/Council members etc) are gonna realize real soon how stupid their decisions to NOT back the cops in preventing crimes..

The number of Minneapolis officers announcing retirement this month is on par with the norm. 7 out of 800+? Is not a large number. It also does not mean they are retiring at the end of this month as there are incentives for announcing retirement at an early date. The end of June is often the most beneficial time to retire so it sees a few more retires than the other months.

What would be more telling is the ages and years of service of those announcing. There is a 5% penalty in the pension paid out for every year less than 55 one is. So, a person retiring at 50 years of age (the youngest one could collect) would undergo a 25% penalty in their pension. That is a pretty steep reduction and one needs to be in a pretty good financial position to live off this.

The 15 officers claiming to leave for other careers or other jurisdictions is about double the norm but again, not a telling indicator on its own. This compared to officers transferring in to the department would be more meaningful as transfers into the department typically match or very slightly exceed those leaving for other places.

It would also be interesting to note how many of those leaving the department are doing so to take a higher position someplace else. It is not uncommon for lower level command staff to leave for a higher position elsewhere to advance their careers. This is often kept pretty close to the vest as it can create problems at the department.

A single month of these numbers isn't too concerning on its own. What will be telling is if this continues or increases and, more importantly, if there are enough replacements to equalize the loss. There hasn't been enough time to set even a short term trend. A couple more months and then one can start making predictions.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I said it in another place about the cops walking out in Minneapolis. I would bet my last dollar they are going to have badges in another town by the end of the month at the most. If you were young and only had a few years in why take the beating. Move on to a place your appreciated before theres a ton of competition. I'd even bet they walked out the door with letters of recommendation from their superiors.I told this story before but my neighbor growing up was the night shift Sgt for the local PD. He was a cop in KC for 15 years and said he couldn't take the constant rape,violence and murder every single night. Told me he sent resumes to like 100 small/medium sized towns all over the country (this was before the internet haha). My town offered him a Sgt. position immediately due to his experience and he had a 4 year degree. He ended up retiring as the Asst Chief and Detective for the city. They wanted him to be the Chief but he had been a cop for 35+ years at that point and was ready to retire and relax.

Last edited by k20350; 06/16/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should go on strike! Once the homeboys knew about it, the strike would last about 2 days!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,103 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.