Print Thread
Hop To
M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Picked up this 48 last week and got to the range with it today. I was assisting with running a qualification course for our company and we had one guy who we needed to work with a little so I shot the qual course along side him and let the other instructor work with him. Shot the best qual I ever shot. First time shooting the gun, 226/240. No OT's and no malfunctions. Those two ten round mags do make sure you're managing your ammo between drills. It also accessorizes nicely with my truck, both black and silver. Yes, I know the truck needs a bath.

For someone who 25 years ago, had no real thought of owning a Glock, I have come to appreciate them. I guess I didn't dislike them I was just indifferent to them. Then I started carrying one as a duty weapon. Minds can change. Even those of an old dog.

Really liking the 48 a lot.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
nice to have that picture of you might have to put it with my aquisition.

i am at heart a smith or ruger guy in single actions. having said that i have owned glocks for years.
i like to say they have no heart or beauty, but they are functional and they work.
i have one one my desk right now that i have been futzing with, just minimal internal parts.
i was thinking of putting a trigger job in it, but sprayed it out with brake cleaner. i bought it around 1990. feels pretty good
once i got the crude out of the little places.
with their modularity hard to beat. my baby glock, got three different caliber barrels for it.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/17/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's a well thought out Glock IMO.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So the 48 has the slide of a 19 and the magazine capacity of a 17, is that what it is?

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
No. The 48 is a full size Glock but thinner And lighter. Single stack 10 round magazine.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
OEM mags are ten rounds. Shield Arms mags are 15. This obsoletes the Glock 19, which is probably the most popular 9mm on the planet. The G48 is easier to carry and conceal.

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I have three of the Shield mags ordered.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by mart
I have three of the Shield mags ordered.

Make sure you get a metal mag release too. Love my 43x with the Shield mags, kind of want a 48 too. Of course i already have a bunch of full size Glocks too.

M
mart Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Got the mag release ordered as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 48 this past winter and really like it. And I wasnt a Glock guy either. After shooting all 3 of mine this past winter, I've come to appreciate their simplicity and durability. Plus I learned to shoot them fairly accurate in the process. I still shoot the M20 the best.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
OEM mags are ten rounds. Shield Arms mags are 15. This obsoletes the Glock 19, which is probably the most popular 9mm on the planet. The G48 is easier to carry and conceal.

I like my G19 just fine. Thank you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Does anybody have any experience with those Shields mags?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had 3. Shot approximately 500rds through them. Flawless. I shot the first 250rds with the OEM mag release and the last 250rd with the Shield Arms mag release.

"The world breaks everyone,and afterward, some are strong at the broken places"
Hemingway
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek

I like my G19 just fine. Thank you.

I feel confident that the G19 will continue to be one of Glock's most popular handguns in the next decade. It is more or less, a shining example of "baby bear's soup". Big enough to shoot well, Small enough to conceal. Highly reliable, and adaptable to magazines holding 17, 21 and 33 rounds apiece. It hits well out of it's weight class.

That said, the magazines by Shield Arms are causing the little G43x and the G48 to be wildly popular at present. In the case of the 43x, you have a handgun no larger than the Walther PPK/s, that will hold 16 rounds of 9mm Parabellum, rather than the 8 rounds of .380 ACP. Time, of course, will tell, but functional reliability so far has been what we expect from the Glock platform.

We live in very interesting times, for sure, but at least we don't have to worry about the reliability of our semi automatic handguns. Although I gag while I type, even a Taurus G2c is reliable enough to pass for a carry pistol.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I much prefer the feel of the thinner grip on my G48 to my G19 but, that being said, my G19s won't be going anywhere. For their purpose, the G19 is still king of the hill.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mart: I am glad you are so pleased with your Glock Model 48.
I am VERY happy with my Glock 48 that I bought about a month ago - of course I am VERY happy with all the Glocks I own and use.
I too was a "convert" to Glock's in my professional capacity - they have served me exceptionally well both professionally and personally for the last 32 years now!
Long live Glock's.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (12344mag, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,474
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.