Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
About two weeks with this new phone(not a smartphone) and new number. Second time we’ve changed the number. This one is worse than the first. Wife is Tearing a at&t habibi a new ass right now.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My wife has been getting calls and texts for a Monica for about 2 years now about owing this or that to various companies.
She just looks at her phone and says "dammit Monica"

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Driving me nuts. One ass hole insisted I was raymundo some schit and I owe 12 grand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get an air horn, when they call you you blast em with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had my number about 7 years and I still get calls with collectors looking for David Pham...….at some point it might just be easier to pay his bills....

Last edited by TimZ; 06/17/20.
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
That went on with my phone for years, with getting one or two every day. It has finally gotten to the point that I have not had any in a few years. After talking to each collector and telling them I was not who they were looking for and if they kept calling me they would never get their money they would take my number off of the call list. But within a short time that debt is sold to another collection agency and it started all over again. It appears the sales cost of the debt had gotten so cheap they could not sell it any more and the calls have stopped.

Last edited by VaHunter; 06/17/20.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Awhile back I started getting calls for a local veterinarian's office. Many callers refused to believe when I told them they had the wrong number and would dial me multiple times. I even called the vet's office to let them know about the problem. The calls kept coming. Got fed up and started confirming appointment times. Didn't take long for the calls to stop. All good since then. grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was getting dunned by voice mail for medical bills owed by somebody named "Antonio" for several weeks. I finally called the 800 number they provided for "setting up a payment plan" and demanded to speak to their attorney. After I made about 15 callbacks like that at all hours of the day and night, they quit calling. I guess they got tired of hearing me say "I'm going to be paying all my bills with your money after the lawsuit!" Telephone harassment is a 2-way street!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I like this.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Awhile back I started getting calls for a local veterinarian's office. Many callers refused to believe when I told them they had the wrong number and would dial me multiple times. I even called the vet's office to let them know about the problem. The calls kept coming. Got fed up and started confirming appointment times. Didn't take long for the calls to stop. All good since then. grin

Fear the crabcat.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
For about a decade I got those calls looking for the man who lived here before I bought the house. No matter how many times I told them he doesn't live here anymore, every few months they'd call again looking for him, sometimes leaving threatening messages about legal action they were going to take if the matter wasn't settled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell the bill collectors "Just put it on my credit card, I'll pay it next month...." laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I kept gettin' one ." Is Billy there." No I said just like yesterday, wrong number. Finally several days later a call for Billy. I said 'Yep he's in the back bedroom poundin' Monica in a teener of crank trade. They never called again.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time I got the call looking for Mark Flash I told them that flaming homosexual ran off with his boyfriend. Not heard from those callers again.

I've had this phone number since '06. Used to get calls every month or so looking for Mark.

GOA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, I had the same thing happen. Would get a call or two per month.

One guy, a bill collector told me that as I was a relative of the previous number holder that I was responsible for a $9400 debt. When I balked, the clown threatened to ruin my credit rating. Told him to go try that weak stuff on somebody else.

My first reaction was to try and explain the issue to whoever was calling. They would call back in a month. So, then I began telling whoever was calling that they had died. That helped.

I don’t get as many calls as I used to, but now I tell them that she moved... they invariably get a bit excited and ask where ......and I give them the Telephone number and address of local LBQGTHMxxxx office in Denver. This seems to work.

I’m not sure this all works but I am told that many of these calls were from collections agencies that have somehow “bought” or acquired rights to whatever they can collect. If they are unsuccessful, they may just sell the case to another collection agency. I told one collector that some relative of the lady died and left her a bunch of money, but she left town and up and paid me all the overdue and back rent.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Some libtard union worker intentionally "listed" her number as mine. I love it around election time. Some Michigan leftist group texted yesterday asking "Constance" how she felt Trump was doing. I responded "excellent!". They said "thanks, we will update our records".
A few months ago a pro murder group did an abortion survey by text. I game them the answers they never expected from a supporters number.
Last election, I told the union surveyor that the unions can take their voting suggestions and shove them up their ass, and told them I'd never vote for a democrat, no matter what. Wonder if she got flak at work? Lol

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Block the numbers. Have your message say "I'm do not owe you money. That guy moved on to a different phone".

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hello,

Paul Johnson, FBI, how may I help you?

-click-buzz-

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve had my number for 20 years, don’t have that issue.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just canceled my land line last week . My wife Had the number when we got married. Last four digits were 9997.
Easy for everyone to remember. A local electric company was one number off. Always getting calls for them.
Owner of the electric company called once. When my wife answered the phone he asked her if that was any way to answer a business phone. All she had said was hello. He continued to chew her out for a little while. Big mistake.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.